Arrow Arrow General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 28

Not sure what to make of Arrow this season, they seem to be all over the place & recycling old storylines. I hope they have something big planned for the end like last season, but the show has taken an obvious decline this season (worse than before). Season 6 feels like fan service.

Not sure what to make of Arrow this season, they seem to be all over the place & recycling old storylines. I hope they have something big planned for the end like last season, but the show has taken an obvious decline this season (worse than before). Season 6 feels like fan service.

Not sure about fan service, but ship service for sure.

Black Siren seems less & less redeemable with every episode. John Diggle leaving Team Arrow for Argus only makes sense if they’re planning on phasing out his character. Having Oliver exposed as the Green Arrow every season is bad enough, but now they’re doing it for the 2nd time this season.

I like Kirk Acevedo as Ricardo “Dragon” Diaz though, his acting has been the only thing I’ve liked about Arrow since the mid season finale.

Black Siren seems less & less redeemable with every episode. John Diggle leaving Team Arrow for Argus only makes sense if they’re planning on phasing out his character. Having Oliver exposed as the Green Arrow every season is bad enough, but now they’re doing it for the 2nd time this season.

I like Kirk Acevedo as Ricardo “Dragon” Diaz though, his acting has been the only thing I’ve liked about Arrow since the mid season finale.

I am not sure about Black Siren. I think she playing both sides cause I don't think she knows what she want's yet. I think she will eventually turn on Diaz and head down the right road but will have to see.

It's hard to say where their going with John Character. However I wouldn't be sad to see him go. I never cared for his character to begin with. I think he gone as far as he can go. I think he needs to lead his own team and Argus is good place for him to do that.

Remember how Deathstroke told Oliver that he can't live in two worlds and that he would have to make a choice between the two? Well I think that time has come. I think Oliver is going to realize he can't do any good as Mayor not when the entire city is corrupted. I think he going to realize that the Arrow is what he needs to do and that it's only way to save the city. I think he going to tell the public how corrupt the city is. That if he can't save it as mayor then he will damn well do it as the Arrow. I think that is when Diaz is going to be in world hurt.

I think Diaz will be taken down hard. However I think City will fall apart and the corruption will be scattered and far worse. This will lead in to next season where team arrow has to learn to come back together and to trust one another again. That's my theory any way.

I am not sure about Black Siren. I think she playing both sides cause I don't think she knows what she want's yet. I think she will eventually turn on Diaz and head down the right road but will have to see.

It's hard to say where their going with John Character. However I wouldn't be sad to see him go. I never cared for his character to begin with. I think he gone as far as he can go. I think he needs to lead his own team and Argus is good place for him to do that.

Remember how Deathstroke told Oliver that he can't live in two worlds and that he would have to make a choice between the two? Well I think that time has come. I think Oliver is going to realize he can't do any good as Mayor not when the entire city is corrupted. I think he going to realize that the Arrow is what he needs to do and that it's only way to save the city. I think he going to tell the public how corrupt the city is. That if he can't save it as mayor then he will damn well do it as the Arrow. I think that is when Diaz is going to be in world hurt.

I think Diaz will be taken down hard. However I think City will fall apart and the corruption will be scattered and far worse. This will lead in to next season where team arrow has to learn to come back together and to trust one another again. That's my theory any way.

This is a NEW52 storyline that carries into next season. It's too bad they didn't do this with Prometheus. His onscreen fighting and acting was so much more entertaining than anything we've seen from the Diaz character. Maybe they make him a tough guy to take down but I just can't get into him. Eventually they'll show how he took the dragon name from his master like in the comics, but it's just hard to believe he is suppose to be on par than anything we've seen already.

MG talks fan reaction to "OTA" vs. NTA
Assessing the adverse reaction to the infighting, Guggenheim recently told TVLine, “I think if I miscalculated anywhere, it’s probably on the order of not taking into full consideration the fact that while all the arguments may be equal and equally strong, there’s always going to be a love and affection for the original characters that the new characters don’t get a chance to enjoy.

“In crafting these arguments, we were being, I think, very evenhanded. At least we were trying to be,” he added. “But we were not taking into account the familiarity factor.”

That said, Guggenheim — who in addition to developing Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow for the small screen has written comic books, for Marvel and others — stands by the premise of the storyline, citing a well-established pattern in superhero sagas.

“Superheroes having a falling out and fighting amongst each other is one of the most longstanding comic book traditions,” he noted. “Again, this is maybe where we miscalculated, but I always assumed the fans would go along with us in this regard, because it is such a tried-and-true comic book [convention].”
http://tvline.com/2018/04/08/arrow-season-6-ota-versus-nta-storyline-reaction/

Not sure how they can always miss the mark. They are always surprised when they get backlash.

MG talks fan reaction to "OTA" vs. NTA

Not sure how they can always miss the mark. They are always surprised when they get backlash.

The biggest problem with NTA is that it’s completely unnecessary & poorly executed. Worst is how they supposedly hate each other, yet they’re always working together & getting in each other’s way. To top that off, they’ve dragged it out for way too long. Then again, that could be said about Arrow season 6 in general, not just the dynamic between OTA & NTA.

Meanwhile, Colton Haynes is returning as a series regular.

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/arrow-season-7-colton-haynes-series-regular-1202746593/

‘Arrow’ Adds Colton Haynes as Series Regular for Season 7

After appearing for a two-episode arc as a guest star in the current sixth season of the CW superhero drama, the network has announced his return for the following year. Only this time, he has been upped to series regular status.

“I could not be happier to return to my role as Roy Harper alongside my ‘Arrow’ family,” Haynes said.

Haynes first appeared in the 15th episode of the debut season of the show but was invited back as a series regular for the second and third seasons. He popped back up as a guest star in one episode in season 4 before returning for the 15th and 16th episodes of season 6.

When his character of Roy Harper departed in season 6 (in the episode entitled “The Thanatos Guild”), he left with original cast member Willa Holland. The duo went in search of three newly revealed Lazarus Pits around the world, on a mission to destroy them.

Colton Haynes is returning as a series regular for s7

They really need to bring it for the 7th otherwise it might be on its way out. Then again, the CW doesn't seem to have many hits so maybe we see an 8th and 9th season too.

Well, that is a pleasant surprise.

Calling it now, its a clone :sly:

That'd be an interesting, unintentional similarity to Young Justice if they went that route, given that the Roy Harper we see in the majority of the series is a Cadmus clone while the original, that became Arsenal, had been kept hidden.

I hope they give a good explanation why he left Thea again to come back to Star City.

I’m excited about the news.

I'm holding out hope that Roy's been off raising Lian all this time.

They should really take this opportunity to introduce Chesire and Sportsmaster for next season.

Surprised at that move, I wonder if Thea will return as well, in terms of Lore it makes sense that he comes back he's the first one of arrow's protege's that take up his own mantle, and operates more on his own.

They should really take this opportunity to introduce Chesire and Sportsmaster for next season.

That would be a really smart thing to do. As far Roy being gone raising his daughter don't see how that could have been unless he lied the thea again.

Cheshire has nothing to do with Sportsmaster. That was just YJ and hopefully it stays that way.

It was an improvement that I hope they stick with.

Finally watched Arrow after a long time and I'm just wondering when did the whole world find Ollie is the Green Arrow. I mean this is becoming on the level of Batman bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"