Arrow Arrow General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 28

There's no BOP without Babs, sorry but its like making a JL film without Batman or Superman. While WB is definitely stupid enough to try to have their cake and eat it too I hope it doesn't happen.

BOP's basic foundation is the friendship between Canary and Babs. They currently have piss poor versions of both in the form of Felicity and Dinah and a Huntress who herself was poor and hasn't been seen in years. None of those characters deserve the BOP name much less their own show. It most certainly is not some all girl team with random women plucked from various corners of DC.

I kinda am enjoying this season, but quite annoyed with the split between the 2 teams. It feels so overly melodramatic. Especially since it's obvious they'll all be back together by the season finale.

I’m enjoying this season because of the split between the teams because I loathe Curtis and Renee. If the teams do get back together, I may give up on the show.

Is S6 of Arrow improving yet? Haven't watched since the Mid-Season Finale!

I’m enjoying this season because of the split between the teams because I loathe Curtis and Renee. If the teams do get back together, I may give up on the show.

I agree. Please dump the newbies and get back to original TA.

Rewatching S1....OTA...it's halfway through the season before Felicity joins. OTA is Oliver/Diggle.

Now I don't hate Feclitiy but the OTA hype isn't really justified looking back.

Rewatching S1....OTA...it's halfway through the season before Felicity joins. OTA is Oliver/Diggle.

Now I don't hate Feclitiy but the OTA hype isn't really justified looking back.

Simpler times. Oliver constantly trying to slip away from Diggle. Diggle has to temporarily replace him. Just a good ol' wholesome bromance.

It really was simpler times lol. Killing off Tommy was one of the shows biggest mistakes imo. Along with Laurels S2 storyline, you can just see how quickly they were over Laurel/Oliver as a pairing in S1.

I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy! Sara has it very good on LoT. Arrow would write her awfully if she were full time.

Amaya or Ray could finally mature IF they had to go there.

John Barrowman...another actor the show ended up pissing off
MW: Let’s wrap things up on Arrow and the Arrowverse, where no one ever is definitively dead. Will you return as Malcolm Merlyn?

BARROWMAN: All I’ll tell you is when they told me I was dying, they said I would not be coming back, and I was very upset and very hurt about that. They told me the night before I was going to go start shooting it, and I was very angry and I basically told them where they could shove it.

Then, a couple of weeks later, Marc Guggenheim went on an interview, because I think I maybe probably upset them, I don’t know, but he went on an interview saying that the ball was in my court if I wanted to come back, and that was not what I was told. My fans know that I speak the truth when I talk about this kind of stuff. Rather than being arsey about it, I just said, “Well, write me an awesome storyline and episode and I will be happy to come back,” but I’m sitting here in my living room, not filming, so there we go.

Listen, if they asked me, I would come back. I know that Merlyn was very popular with the fans, and I think the reason they did that, you know, the blowing up and no body being found, was so they wouldn’t have a bit of a backlash from the fans, because they had a backlash when Katie Cassidy was killed. That’s partially why I was upset, because they did it that way, but they told me I wasn’t coming back. They told me I was done.
https://www.metroweekly.com/2018/03...ay-and-love-for-the-sci-fi-and-fantasy-genre/

it looks like Colin Donnell is returning to arrow according to Stephen Amell for flash a back

You know I never understood why this show outed Helena as Huntress SO quick.

Amaya or Ray could finally mature IF they had to go there.

John Barrowman...another actor the show ended up pissing off

https://www.metroweekly.com/2018/03...ay-and-love-for-the-sci-fi-and-fantasy-genre/

I do find the he-said-she-said to be tiring with the CW shows. I did find Merlyn went too far away from his roots to be interesting anymore, and felt he only betrayed people when the story called for it, otherwise he was loving Thea, and it just felt like really shoddy writing for whatever they needed him to be, opposed too him actually be a character that was ever conflicted.

Personally I still wish we get a new merlyn who just remains as a true arch nemesis too oliver and has little question to his loyalty.

Also, would be nice if they hinted at a big bad for a bit like they did with Ras in the first 2 seasons before he made the big appearance in the third. That reveal felt like it had some sustenance.

A fresh batch of CW renewals:

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/riverdale-jane-the-virgin-arrow-flash-supernatural-renewed-cw-1202741489/

The CW has renewed 10 of its current series, the network announced Monday.

The renewed series are: “Arrow” (Season 7), “Crazy Ex-Girlfriend” (Season 4), “Legends of Tomorrow” (Season 4), “The Flash” (Season 5), “Jane the Virgin” (Season 5), “Riverdale” (Season 3), “Supergirl” (Season 4), and “Supernatural” (Season 14). In addition, freshman shows “Black Lightning” and “Dynasty” have been picked up for second seasons. Specific premiere dates for each series will be announced at a later time.

The network will make decisions on their originals “Life Sentence,” “Valor,” “iZombie,” and “The 100” in May.

Now just to play the wait game and see if Katie Cassidy returns or not.

Happy about all the shows getting renewed, but Arrow has gotten stale lately.

I’m happy as well about the renewals. For me Arrow has been average this season. Same with The Flash.

I'm happy with the renewal, and whilst I can understand and appreciate some of the fan dissatisfaction with Arrow, I prefer it over the likes of Supergirl and Flash for coherency and credibility.

Ollie is a skilled fighter and archer, and uses his skills to suit, and I think the writers know that, compared to Flash, Supergirl, and on occasion, Legends, where the heroes should be capable of so much more, but aren't - it's like the writers don't know (or can't always) write for their characters.

Needless to say, yeah, happy about the renewal - will be nice to see how the team develops. Wonder whether Legends could 'grab' Connor Hawke (Diggle Jr) from the future and drop him off in Arrow for a new team member? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"