Arrow Arrow General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 28

Finally watched Arrow after a long time and I'm just wondering when did the whole world find Ollie is the Green Arrow. I mean this is becoming on the level of Batman bad.

Last season. Mayor Queen arc.

They only accuse him every season so people gonna catch on.

The only reasons I still watch this show is because I try my best to support all superhero shows & because it ties in with the other superhero shows on DCTV. Otherwise, I feel like watching Arrow is a complete waste of time these days.

It somehow got resolved. I forget how.

As I recall, Felicity & Thea planted evidence of plagiarism in Susan’s computer. It doesn’t matter anyway, I just assume Star City is filled with idiots if they still can’t figure out that Oliver Queen is the Green Arrow.

As I recall, Felicity & Thea planted evidence of plagiarism in Susan’s computer. It doesn’t matter anyway, I just assume Star City is filled with idiots if they still can’t figure out that Oliver Queen is the Green Arrow.

Realistically, this is true of any of these shows in the internet era.

I heard a radio host say that secret identities only made sense when these comics were first created in the 1930s because the average person probably only met less than 100 people in their entire life.

Realistically, this is true of any of these shows in the internet era.

I heard a radio host say that secret identities only made sense when these comics were first created in the 1930s because the average person probably only met less than 100 people in their entire life.

I agree with that, but they have Oliver’s identity revealed every season (twice this season). It just seems as if the writers have run out of ideas, so they’re recycling old storylines this season (they even have Diaz selling vertigo).

Beth Schwartz will be the new showrunner for Season 7.

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/arrow-beth-schwartz-showrunner-1202756046/

‘Arrow’ Promotes Beth Schwartz to Showrunner for Season 7

Beth Schwartz has been named the new showrunner of “Arrow” for the show’s upcoming seventh season, Variety has confirmed.

Marc Guggenheim, one of the co-showrunners of the CW-DC series, will transition into the role of executive consultant on both “Arrow” and fellow DC show “Legends of Tomorrow.” Fellow co-showrunner Wendy Mericle will exit “Arrow” at the end of Season 6. Phil Klemmer, who is co-showrunner on “Legends of Tomorrow” with Guggenheim, will now be the sole showrunner on that series for its upcoming fourth season.

Schwartz has been with “Arrow” since Season 1, serving as a writer. She has gone on to write two dozen episodes since. She became a co-producer in the show’s fourth season and most recently served as a co-executive producer beginning in Season 5. She has also served as a consulting producer and writer on “Legends of Tomorrow.” Her other writing credits include “Hart of Dixie” and “Brothers & Sisters.”

The shakeup for both Arrow and Legends behind the scenes is long-overdue.

I hope Season 7 does go a completely new direction, though I do wonder where. Can Oliver (as the Green Arrow) actually go solo? He's often relied on a team, be that in the field, or from the cave; how is he otherwise suppose to know targets if he wishes [moving forward] to go solo?

All the other shows have teams, and whilst some started out solo (like Kara) they've now migrated to a team-based show which I think supports them well.

Barry has Cisco, Caitlin, Harry & Iris. Kara has Mon'El, Wynn, Alex, John & James. The Legends have each other. Even Pierce had Gambi (and still does) before the introduction of Thunder.

I can't help but wonder what might happen to the casting of Diggle, Renee, Curtis & Dinah if the team doesn't eventually get back together - although Ollie's latest statement about needing to go back solo to clear his head or whatever would seemingly imply there's no more team in his future.

Legends has been quite good in the past year.
It's been good, but Season 2 (thus far) stands above the rest for me.

I hope Season 7 does go a completely new direction, though I do wonder where. Can Oliver (as the Green Arrow) actually go solo? He's often relied on a team, be that in the field, or from the cave; how is he otherwise suppose to know targets if he wishes [moving forward] to go solo?

All the other shows have teams, and whilst some started out solo (like Kara) they've now migrated to a team-based show which I think supports them well.

Barry has Cisco, Caitlin, Harry & Iris. Kara has Mon'El, Wynn, Alex, John & James. The Legends have each other. Even Pierce had Gambi (and still does) before the introduction of Thunder.

I can't help but wonder what might happen to the casting of Diggle, Renee, Curtis & Dinah if the team doesn't eventually get back together - although Ollie's latest statement about needing to go back solo to clear his head or whatever would seemingly imply there's no more team in his future.

It's been good, but Season 2 (thus far) stands above the rest for me.

To be honest that team aspect is one of the things that I didn't like about the show. I get that the hero needs some level of backup/support but I wanted the show to be mainly about a 'lone wolf' vigilante. If they're going back to that I may try to jump back in.

To be honest that team aspect is one of the things that I didn't like about the show. I get that the hero needs some level of backup/support but I wanted the show to be mainly about a 'lone wolf' vigilante. If they're going back to that I may try to jump back in.

Agreed. The team has hurt the show. Especially when the team sucks (looking at you Curtis and Renee).

The fact that Season Five made such a big deal early on about breaking the rules and Oliver putting killing back on the table- and that ultimately not lasting very long- makes me think that the showrunners do get that fans like the solo, more tortured Oliver, but the team aspect does get in the way.

Don't get me wrong. Season Five was a strong return to form and had a lot of great stuff with the return of Deathstroke and new characters like Tobias Church, but the team aspect was still there. With Oliver burning all of these bridges and now on his own, this definitely seems like the time more than ever for Oliver to put any team aspect aside and just go back to being the Hood, the Vigilante, and all that.

Admittedly, I don't think that the show would let that last very long, much as I would love for it to do that. Plus, I'm curious if Roy's return means he'll suit up as Arsenal again. Since, in that regard, Oliver wouldn't totally be on his own.

Um...what happened to all the threads? Why are most from 2013?

Nvm..they are back.

This is becoming the most painful show to watch. There’s no show I watch on a regular basis where I just wish the episode was over all throughout.

A pity you couldn't just...I dunno, not watch it and just read recaps instead? Change the channel? Difficult options, I'm sure.

Whilst Season 2 remains the best for me, Season 3 (in my opinion) bested Season 1.

I liked season 3 for the most part, but I just couldn’t get over Ra’s al Ghul picking Oliver Queen to be his successor & marry his daughter over Bruce Wayne.

I liked season 3 for the most part, but I just couldn’t get over Ra’s al Ghul picking Oliver Queen to be his successor & marry his daughter over Bruce Wayne.

I think he was talking legends not arrow

I think he was talking legends not arrow
Haha, yeah, I was referring to Legends.

The thing is, regarding Arrow, Batman & Ra, when Arrow was green-lit, and when they decided to use Ra, they probably did so not expecting to ever see or hear any mention of Gotham of Bruce Wayne. It wouldn't surprise me if someone had to pull some strings to get Superman on the Supergirl show, so to get Batman on Arrow, is unlikely, so they just adapted Arrow to (essentially) be the CW Batman (minus the Arrowmobile and classic villains).

They've namedropped Bruce Wayne on Arrow, they've namedropped Gotham on Supergirl, and they've referenced Batman/Bruce Wayne on Supergirl too; it's possible that there's a Batman/Bruce Wayne on both Earth's, but I wouldn't expect to meet one anytime soon. It would however be something that the final Season of Arrow (whatever number that is) includes.

How many times are they going to redress the CC Jitters set?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"