Arrow Arrow General Discussion Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was some sketchy acting this episode. The woman who plays Helena isn't the greatest actor ever. And I've always thought the security guard guy who was in Dollhouse is pretty bad.

Nah, he was good on BSG.

eh, he didn't impress me much. Especially since the rest of the cast of BSG was really strong.

I liked this episode a lot. I'm glad they brought Huntress in. It's going to be interesting to see how she's going to work with Dig.

I wasn't expecting Barrowman to be Tommy's dad. It at least ties up some loose ends. The reveal left me with a Spider-Man I vibe. With Barrowman as Norman Osborn and Tommy eventually taking up the mantle of revenge after he blames Arrow for his dad's death. Then I got a Lex/Lionel Luthor vibe, in that maybe Tommy's going to kill his dad to get his trust fund back.

I didn't care for the right-hand henchmen. He overdid it and just wasn't convincing. I liked him on BSG quite a bit, but here he was a bad fit for a mobster. They probably should've made him Tommy's brother or something. He would've fit as a Merlyn more than a gangster.

I was very disappointed with Huntress....though she did have some purple.

Yeah, well that's because she is CW "Huntress" and not DC Huntress.

Well DC Huntress is currently Earth-2's Batman's daughter. So, not much chance that was going to happen.

What happened to Earth 1 Huntress?

I think the story now is that she died at some point in the past, and this Huntress took over her identity. I haven't really kept track of the DC reboot. I think is going by Helena Wayne now.

A8rupCLCQAEp6Ve.jpg

Oh yes! This guy looks like Ninja Arrow, which ep is he debuting in?

Man, I still have trouble seeing Barrowman as Tommy's Dad. When did he get Tommy, when he was 10?

Hahah...like that Adam Sandler and Andy Sandberg film, "That's my boy" lol.

That's right I forgot that Huntress from E2 took over E1 back when her and Power Girl came over.

So which Huntress is in JLU E1 or E2?

There was some sketchy acting this episode. The woman who plays Helena isn't the greatest actor ever.
She is Australian.

I don't expect great acting. Its CW most the actors are cast for looks over acting ability.

Last edited:
Man, I still have trouble seeing Barrowman as Tommy's Dad. When did he get Tommy, when he was 10?

Probably the same time as Laurel's dad. :D

It may come as a surprise to some but Barrowman is actually 45 (meanwhile, Paul Blackthorne, who plays Det. Lance, is 43). And at the end of the day, this is CW; and they always skew towards younger-looking adults. For instance, the actress playing Elena's aunt in Vampire Diaries is only 4 years older than Nina Dobrev (who plays Elena).

Life would be easier for Ollie if he just moved out then he wouldn't have to sneak around his family so much. I guess that wouldn't mean we would have so much family drama stuff which is why he hasn't.

Isn't he only in his 40s in real life at the most though? Must have him playing early 50s in the show cause. I assume he fathered [BLACKOUT]Tommy[/BLACKOUT] at least when he was 20 (mores 25) which would put him at the very least 46-48 because isn't [BLACKOUT]Tommy[/BLACKOUT] supposed to be 26-28 on the show.

Colin Donnell who plays Tommy Merlyn is 30 and John Barrowman who plays his father is 45.

Barrowman's Merlyn senior is probably in his early to mid 50s in the show unless he had Tommy jr at 15 ;)

Last edited:
Is it possible for the Dark Archer being not Tommy's Dad but Tommy himself, i mean not now, so early into the show but as the season ends. He is broke, emotionally heavy, overall a guy that seems to have unexposed issues. Its possible to learn about his Dads dirty work and decide to get revenge or something like that immitating Starling City's vigilante.

Just started watching this show today. Wow, it's freaking great.

Part of me is ecstatic that we're getting such a great show and another part of me is sad that Amell who is doing a great job at playing Queen didn't get a chance to star as him in the now defunct Supermax film.

Either way I'm really liking this series. On episode 3 right now.

She is Australian.

I don't expect great acting. Its CW most the actors are cast for looks over acting ability.

Well, except Supernatural. Speaking of which, I was able to buy Morgan as the father on that despite only being twelve years older than Ackles. But with Barrowman, it's from some reason pushing believably.

Never watched Spartacus. Never heard of Manu Bennett. But I'm looking forward to see him as Deathstroke.

[YT]ik-_E7P2uqA[/YT]

AAAAAHHHH CRIXUS IS GONNA BE DEATHSTROKE AAAAH

Coming from a huge Spartacus fan, Crixus fan, and Manu fan, this is incredible news. Even more incredible is they say Deathstroke will have a major role on the show and he is already signed to multiple shows. Will this turn into the most epic superhero show ever created? Holy crap, great casting, or greatest?

If you haven't seen Spartacus Blood and Sand, what in hell is wrong with you? Watch it right goddamn now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"