Arrow Arrow Season 3 Episode 15 "Nanda Parbat" Discussion Thread

I liked this past ep, over the previous. So now Oliver is the next Bruce Wayne? It makes no sense that Oliver Queen would be Ra's choice for a successor seeing as how Bruce Wayne is out there in the same universe. I ike that Oliver is a badass. It works within the confines of the show, but within the larger DC universe it's mind boggling. Maybe Ra's hasn't met Bruce Wayne yet? But seeing as how Harley Quinn exists, that's implausible. Maybe Wayne has turned down Ra's already, and Oliver is his second choice…maybe i'm over thinking things.

I like the ep. I would have like to have seen more flashbacks of young Nyssa and Malcolm though….

I wonder if flashback Oliver now ends up hiding out with the Russians?

Random thought : why would Ra's needs a successor if he's "immortal" or maybe he isn't in this show and the Ra's mantle is passed over ?

Random thought : why would Ra's needs a successor if he's "immortal" or maybe he isn't in this show and the Ra's mantle is passed over ?

Well, it's no different from why he always wants Batman to take over even though he lives forever.

Also, in this episode and the last time he showed up, he's said things like how no one can escape death.

No different than why he wants Bruce to succeed him in the comics. The Lazarus Pit also slowly loses its effectiveness the more it's used in the comics, so if it's the same in this show (and yes I think we've gotten enough hints that suggests it exists at this point, particularly the one in the preview for "The Offer") then that would also explain it. As Ra's himself said, "Everyone and everything must come to an end, even for one such as me."

Last edited:
Ha ok, thanks for the back-story, I don't read comics so I'm an unaware of this kind of details.

Actually I do remember Wayne tech existing & talked about separately in some certain universes or in some cases where writer would say Wayne industries over Enterprises ad some writers would have to correct the mistake put it all Enterprises. ay way there is a Wayne Tech or Technology's as a branch of it's divisions of Wayne Enterprises

Here's the ifo you seek.
Wayne Enterprises

— redirected from Wayne Tech
Wayne Enterprises was officially erected in the 19th century and thus is one of the oldest companies in the world. It began as a dozen businesses started by Judge Solomon Wayne and his brother Joshua. With the money made, Judge Wayne essentially…

^^It seems it not beyond Wayne enterprises to do that

Acquisitions and mergers aren't quite the same thing, neither do mergers happen with branches of a company. But hey, that's a bunch of stuff about real corporate shenanigans compared to a throwaway line about a character they can't even mention on Arrow or Flash, so... believe what you want bro.

So let's assume Oliver says no ... what next? Does Ra's decide to kill him? Is he an enemy? It seems like Ra's respects him at this point, but would that all go away if Oliver refuses?

The funny thing about this season is that despite being the "big bad," all Ra's seems to want to do is hang out in his private canyon and be left alone.

Some of us didn't like the casting from the start, he doesn't have the presence Ra's should have, there are better actors for the role.
I think Nable is brilliant as Ra's. My only issue so far is that he has been (to me) underused.

Ra's isn't actually immortal. Relative to us normal people, he is. But, he's not actually immortal.

The Lazarus Pits extend life. But, eventually the extension ends. Eventually you lose your mind completely, and the regeneration process is less and less effective until it does nothing more. So, even if Ra's keeps taking dips in the Lazarus Pits, someday it won't work and he'll wither and die from his body clock finally catching up to him if it's not in combat. As well as, as mentioned before, having his mind warped and being driven mad from using the Pits. Which has always led to speculation that Ra's madness and terrorist-tendencies can be attributed to using the Lazarus Pits, and that he was once actually a good guy.

Last edited:
Which might explain why he is taking long baths in the Pit, the regenerative effects are probably almost gone.

I liked this past ep, over the previous. So now Oliver is the next Bruce Wayne? It makes no sense that Oliver Queen would be Ra's choice for a successor seeing as how Bruce Wayne is out there in the same universe. I ike that Oliver is a badass. It works within the confines of the show, but within the larger DC universe it's mind boggling. Maybe Ra's hasn't met Bruce Wayne yet? But seeing as how Harley Quinn exists, that's implausible. Maybe Wayne has turned down Ra's already, and Oliver is his second choice…maybe i'm over thinking things.

I like the ep. I would have like to have seen more flashbacks of young Nyssa and Malcolm though….

I wonder if flashback Oliver now ends up hiding out with the Russians?

My understanding is that WB is strict with the use of Bruce Wayne/Batman. Because of the films, DC TV is limited in mentioning him. I imagine it's how we ended up with a Gotham Central TV show on Fox, with an 8 year old Bruce Wayne instead in what feels kind of like a Post-Batman Gotham.

My guess is, he exists in the universe...but can't say him by name. If they drop his name, the expectation is that he'll show up. And what would be the point of dropping his name if he won't appear?

At New York Comic Con, last year, Stephen Amell mentioned that they would have liked to have Nightwing show up on the series. But, that it's just not possible with the films, Gotham (on Fox), and the possible Titans project in the works, for them to make the grab.

It sounds like a complicated mess to me, that behind the scenes they're being told they can use this character and that, and that certain characters are off limits because WB wants to protect the character for the films.

I'd also point out that Bruce isn't the only character to have gotten the offer. I think at one point Bane was even considered by Ra's to be a worthy successor. Until, he and Bane had a falling out.

Which might explain why he is taking long baths in the Pit, the regenerative effects are probably almost gone.

Judging by his appearance, and how well he looked in the duel with Ollie, I think he's fine for now. I mean, if the Lazarus Pits exists in this universe, I think he'll be fine for sometime.

In some versions, once he's nearing the end of the effects of the Pits...he winds up being really, really weak. He's not able to walk without a cane or help from an assistant, and he starts to look a lot older. He starts to look like a man who could die at any moment.

I think he might just want to find a successor as soon as possible, and start to groom them while he's still strong and able.

My understanding is that WB is strict with the use of Bruce Wayne/Batman. Because of the films, DC TV is limited in mentioning him. I imagine it's how we ended up with a Gotham Central TV show on Fox, with an 8 year old Bruce Wayne instead in what feels kind of like a Post-Batman Gotham.

My guess is, he exists in the universe...but can't say him by name. If they drop his name, the expectation is that he'll show up. And what would be the point of dropping his name if he won't appear?

At New York Comic Con, last year, Stephen Amell mentioned that they would have liked to have Nightwing show up on the series. But, that it's just not possible with the films, Gotham (on Fox), and the possible Titans project in the works, for them to make the grab.

It sounds like a complicated mess to me, that behind the scenes they're being told they can use this character and that, and that certain characters are off limits because WB wants to protect the character for the films.

I'd also point out that Bruce isn't the only character to have gotten the offer. I think at one point Bane was even considered by Ra's to be a worthy successor. Until, he and Bane had a falling out.

Bruce wasn't the only one considered, but I think he was the only one to be properly offered it (Bane was considered, Dusan was rejected because apparently Ra's hates albinos, Damien was being groomed for it, but he chose his father over Ra's).

Maybe I'm wrong, but that's my impression.

I hope Ra's say he been watching Oliver Queen as The Arrow since he return from the island and is impressed with what he has done.

Last season Moira mention some secret that should never come out I wonder if that has something to do with it hmm.......? or it is simply Malcolm........The offer need to have ra's mention Moira and how she know Ra's personally

That sounds rather convoluted to me. Also "Oliver slept with his half-sister's ex-girlfriend" would only make the complaints about CW's really weird attitudes towards relationships all the louder. Thea flirting with her half-brother, Barry being in love with his foster-sister, Oliver sleeping with two sisters at the same time, and his dad's ex-mistress, etc. Jeez, WTH CW?

So let's assume Oliver says no ... what next? Does Ra's decide to kill him? Is he an enemy? It seems like Ra's respects him at this point, but would that all go away if Oliver refuses?

Same thing that happens when Batman says no: escalation. Removing all reasons for him to refuse.

Acquisitions and mergers aren't quite the same thing, neither do mergers happen with branches of a company. But hey, that's a bunch of stuff about real corporate shenanigans compared to a throwaway line about a character they can't even mention on Arrow or Flash, so... believe what you want bro.
lol it has nothing to do with me believing it , its them pushing for or not , like I said my self I doubt we'll hear about it aain unless the writers want it explored.. to me it's throw away.

I don't really have much of a thought about it after they put it out there. I'm not expecting anything further from their mention of it & I don't care much for it ether.

They( the writers) might though but I'm not expecting much from their mention. lol I doubt they really know how they would handle it, if they explore it any further, so it's better left dropped by them.

Beside if it was such a problem they wouldn't have had Ray buy into QC whole sale ether. Even if he cared about the city he didn't need QC to start fixing it. So if it's so overly bad for Wayne enterprises it was also bad for Palmer industries in this universe as well, yet they still had him do so with his own merger. So you have to wonder about that part too.

They're the mad people that don't know about mergers.

Last edited:
The problem with Theory "Ra's Engineered Everything" is. . . okay, so Ra's really really wanted to manipulate Ollie into being his heir. This still makes no sense, as Ollie is a *terrible choice for heir*. He brings nothing to the table other than ninja skills, which are found amongst all the top tier League members. His ethics are inconsistent and largely incompatible with LoA ideology, his judgement is suspect at best, and his leadership skills are virtually non-existent. Ra's manipulating Ollie into becoming his heir just makes Ra's look even more stupid, for putting such excessive effort into acquiring an unsuitable candidate.

The funny thing about this season is that despite being the "big bad," all Ra's seems to want to do is hang out in his private canyon and be left alone.

Yeah. He's chill as ****.

It's probably more that he has other/bigger stuff to deal with. Oliver's "crusade" in one city doesn't really concern him and thus he doesn't need to pay much attention to it. The only reason why the two even crossed paths at all, at least this early, is due to the actions of ex-LOA members (Sara and Malcolm).

I think people need to give up on the whole "will they mention Batman" thing. It's pretty clear by this point that he doesn't exist in this universe.

There was that Harley Quinn cameo last season.

The problem with Theory "Ra's Engineered Everything" is. . . okay, so Ra's really really wanted to manipulate Ollie into being his heir. This still makes no sense, as Ollie is a *terrible choice for heir*. He brings nothing to the table other than ninja skills, which are found amongst all the top tier League members. His ethics are inconsistent and largely incompatible with LoA ideology, his judgement is suspect at best, and his leadership skills are virtually non-existent. Ra's manipulating Ollie into becoming his heir just makes Ra's look even more stupid, for putting such excessive effort into acquiring an unsuitable candidate.

That's not a problem with the "Ra's engineered everything" theory so much as with the offer. If you accept the offer as genuine, there's nothing you said inconsistent with the theory that Ra's engineered everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"