Arrow Arrow Season 3, Episode 6 "Guilty" General Discussion

I liked that they placed Cupid throughout this episode with having her follow Ollie and crew at the crime scenes and such whilst they were figuring out who was behind Grant's setup. You could've spotted her 2-3 times.

Good resolution with Roy's dream.

I have to vehemently disagree here.... which is actually a good segue-way into (cross)posting my review:
I was really enjoying this episode up until the last 15 minutes when the writers inexplicably wasted a story point that Marc Guggenheim had just barely 'muddied the waters' about less than 12 hours ago by revealing that Roy wasn't actually responsible for Sara's death and his recollections of having done so were just his brain mixing up his murder of a police officer.

Shoving my annoyance on that front aside, let's focus on the rest of the episode.

I really liked Ted Grant's backstory, and am hoping we'll get to see him put the Wildcat mask back on in the present. I also like the way his tragic past came to light, particularly since, up until the above-mentioned creative misstep, it directly paralleled and mirrored what was going on with Roy, which I thought was a nice narrative touch.

The Hong Kong flashbacks really don't seem to have a whole lot of overall narrative direction right now, but I did like the way that this week's flashback events did ultimately end up tying into the present-day events with the use of the 'memory candle', even if I didn't like the outcome of that particular plot point.

I get that Oliver means well, but he's really overstepping his boundaries where Laurel is concerned, particularly when it comes to her decision to have Ted train her. The only good thing that could potentially come out of his actions on that front in this episode is that it affords her an opportunity to prove to him beyond a shadow of a doubt that she doesn't need his help once she dons the Canary costume.

If it weren't for their creative misstep at the end of the episode, I would've enjoyed this one just as much, if not more, than I did last week's, but, as it stands, I'm giving this thing a 7.

Damn fine episode... nice and realistic tie up on Roy's dream, Wildcat was pretty solid. I hope to see him grow. BOXING GLOVE!!!!!!!!!! Cupid, ahh I'll wait till we see more of her.

Laurel stuff wasn't too heavy handed as usual, but the Wildcat sidekick guy was terrible.

I liked that they placed Cupid throughout this episode with having her follow Ollie and crew at the crime scenes and such whilst they were figuring out who was behind Grant's setup. You could've spotted her 2-3 times.
Yeah, I noticed her in the beginning of the episode and actually thought she was going to be the villain of the episode.

You know... I just realized something. Ted's old sidekick beat up a whole group of gang members, armed to the teeth, with nothing but his fists and brass knuckles, and apparently none of them managed to fire off a shot, or else Ollie and the rest of the team would have heard it.

What kind of a badass was this former sidekick supposed to be?

Yeah, I noticed her in the beginning of the episode and actually thought she was going to be the villain of the episode.

I mistook her at first as the redhead who played Plastique from yesterday's Flash episode. Rewinded back and then saw that it was someone else :p
They were sort of wearing the same casual outfit

Easily the season's best episode so far for me, brought Roy into the forefront after him being mostly just in the background in prior episodes, brought a good conclusion to the Roy killed Sara storyline, a few other things I liked, but most importantly... boxing glove arrow!

This episode did feel like a step in the right direction, more so than previous episodes.

Heck, even Laurel was utilized well and had realistic reactions to the scenarios presented before her.

And, unless I'm proven wrong later on of course, I actually like on how they're keeping the relationship between Laurel and Ted a platonic one and not caving in towards having them become lovers (as of yet).

If anything, the only real problem that I had with this episode was Diggs.

1. I thought Oliver told him to quit Team Arrow, with Diggs later agreeing to that decision. Now I know that Diggs said that he would help find Sara's killer, but what they were doing at the start of this episode had nothing to do with Sara's killer. It was just business as usual for Team Arrow.

2. As others have said, I feel like Diggs was being very hypocritical here. He and Oliver had no problems killing people in Season 1. Also, he was okay with Roy joining the team even after Roy had killed a cop under the effects of the Mirakuru serum, knowing back then that it wasn't Roy's fault and yet now he wants to take him down already?

So there's another archer at the end. Could it be that Cupid is the one who killed Sara?

My theory on Diggle saying what he did was emotion outweighed logic.

Could it be that Cupid is the one who killed Sara?

No chance. Whoever killed Sara was obviously tracking her before she came back to Star City. Plus Sara knew her killer as she dropped her guard.

Glad the wrapped up the 'Did Roy do it?' angle instead of letting it linger for weeks. Yes, the hypocrisy was a bit annoying, but at least it's done and hopefully, Roy doesn't go all uber-angsty over this.

The flashbacks are just not doing it for me this season.

Also...
https://imgflip.com/gifgenerator

That angle and force of the arrow stuff better not have just been used to make it seem like Roy did it.

That angle and force of the arrow stuff better not have just been used to make it seem like Roy did it.

We can now conclude that Sara was killed by Peter Dinklage as someone.

Last edited:

That's because someone short(er) did it.

Think about it.

Yeah, I liked that as well.

This episode was great. Finally get the boxing glove arrow and Roy does his trademark flip which actually works this time!

ScaredWetGenet.gif

Yeah, I liked that as well.

This episode was great. Finally get the boxing glove arrow and Roy does his trademark flip which actually works this time!

It was nice to see Roy's flip serve a purpose. That moment with Nyssa is still hilarious though.

It was nice to see Roy's flip serve a purpose. That moment with Nyssa is still hilarious though.
Oh yes. That was the greatest. Hell, even Thea rips him for it at the end of the episode. Nyssa was not impressed. I think the people behind this show know it's a thing and I hope it continues.

Good episode, I liked how Ted Grants story tied into the situation with Ollie and Roy and how the flashbacks played into helping Roy discover why he was dreaming that he'd killed Sara.

I was a bit disappointed that the guy framing Wildcat had such a lame costume, but I guess it was a sign of how they came up without the resources Ollie has.

This was easily Laurel's best ep IMO, she acted like someone with the logic and instincts or a lawyer, instead of her usual melodrama, and the dynamic with her and Ted is pretty decent.

I hope the flashbacks now bringing China White into play will see that story gather some momentum, but the biggest thing holding it back is the bland guy working as Ollie's handler. The scene with Ollie and Katana was good and I think if they switched to her being his handler that dynamic would make the flashback storyline a lot more entertaining.

The action on the show continues to be top notch, the bike stunt work is excellent and both fight scenes were crisp.......plus they found a great way to use the beloved Boxing Glove Arrow! :D

Finally Roy got the flip right..

Oh yes. That was the greatest. Hell, even Thea rips him for it at the end of the episode. Nyssa was not impressed. I think the people behind this show know it's a thing and I hope it continues.

Roy still has a long way to go before he can get it right like this. :o:oldrazz:

tumblr_n4rh7eTJfD1skiebmo1_500.gif

I noticed at one crime scene but didn't realize she'd been in the background of others in the ep, that's a cool touch.

That's because someone short(er) did it.

Think about it.

Thea? It could also be Katana if Ollie gets her husband or son killed while he's staying with them. Also when Felicity was talking about it not matching up with bows I wondered aboiut a Crossbow and The Huntress, maybe working for Waller?

To be honest when they were talking about hand thrown arrows my mind went to Bullseye's ability to turn any sharp object into a throwing weapon. :funny: It also made me wonder about Boomerang.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"