Avengers vs. X-Men: 2012 Event - Part 3

Tony: Im gonna have to believe in magic
Cap: wait what
Tony:Yeah I think magic exists
Cap:Like now...
Tony:yeah why
Cap: I mean you formed this team with Thor...a god...you've seen Asgard...Hercules is another person we fought alongside...not to mention Dr Strange and Dr Druid...and Scarlet Witch...hell Mephisto...the devil wiped out Spider-man's marriage
Spider-man: Huh?
Cap: We fought plenty of magical people...Morgan Le Fay and Mordred....Dr Doom..wrecking crew...Loki...jeesus its like you dont remember anything that happened this
Spider-man:so I used to be married?

Lol, dude. I loved that little exchange.

That is a very accurate depiction of every Bendis scene ever.

After almost 6 months of him being made out to look like a complete loser, getting knocked around in every other issue, why wouldnt Tony talk that way in front of Thor? Its not like Thor's been of any real use this entire story

I think Marvel will give Thor a temporary buff, right when Thor 2 movie comes out next year, then they'll turn him back into a punching bag after the movie finishes its run.

So Tony's plan is faith in Hope...? Just like the X-men in the beginning of this event? Why isn't he a "religious zealot"?

Cap: I mean you formed this team with Thor...a god...you've seen Asgard...Hercules is another person we fought alongside...not to mention Dr Strange and Dr Druid...and Scarlet Witch...hell Mephisto...the devil wiped out Spider-man's marriage
Cap: We fought plenty of magical people...Morgan Le Fay and Mordred....Dr Doom..wrecking crew...Loki...jeesus its like you dont remember anything that happened this

:lmao:

So Tony's plan is faith in Hope...? Just like the X-men in the beginning of this event? Why isn't he a "religious zealot"?

Because he's backed up by Captain MERICA so you shut your mouth.:argh:

Also, Scott was training her to fight whereas the avengers decided to give her some lectures from Pete and balance water buckets. It's totally different.:o

So what do we get from all this, another bout of if the avengers ok something its all good but if not it must be evil(in this case the xmen) man i am so sick of that and we have wanda in there to save the day, and next week she could be out there killing everyone. i just dont get what marvel is throwing at us, i guess wanda has to help because they need her all forgiven before they throw onto the new team later. same old same old.

Fantastic in every way! :up:

Because his faith is tempered with SCIENCE! And Cyclops is more of a dick now than Cap was at the beginning. :oldrazz:

Because his faith is tempered with SCIENCE! And Cyclops is more of a dick now than Cap was at the beginning. :oldrazz:

Well, it's okay for Cyclops to be a dick because his movies were made by Fox, not Marvel Studios. ;)

those creative writing classes are paying off

Word is that in today's finale of Avengers vs X-Men....

The mutant race is restored to pre-House of M levels.

And all it took was for Professor X to die. Again.

So the X-Men world is back to normal? :dry:

You mean AvX was still going up until now? Wow.

well..at least something good has come of this. it only took Cyclops going EVAHL and murdering his surrogate father, after beating his girlfriend, to achieve it. Vulcan who?

I'm sorry but Avengers vs X-Men was not that good. Really if the Avengers and Captain America had tried to work with the X-Men from the start none of this would have happened. They let fear dictate their actions instead of reason. And the writers destroyed Cyclops in the process. I am sorry but I don't really see any positives coming out of this event at all.

Cyclops getting the Hal Jordan parallax special was lame. The only thing I liked less was Captain Americas pontificating.

So after Iron Man (Civil War), Wanda (Avengers Dissambled/House Of M), Hank Pym (Trial Of Yellowjacket), Wonderman, Bishop, Professor X (onslaught), Jean Grey (dark phoenix) which X-Man or Avenger is the next to be turned into a misguided villain to please Marvels next superheroes vs superhero gone bad obsession.

Its boringly predictable.

Last edited:
Vulcan still got Scott beat. He killed his biological father and launched an intergalactic war for spits and giggles. All that achieved was making Havok a cool character again and Polaris un-crazy.

Vulcan still got Scott beat. He killed his biological father and launched an intergalactic war for spits and giggles. All that achieved was making Havok a cool character again and Polaris un-crazy.
I don't know if you've been reading X-Factor but Polaris is pretty crazy again.

What gets me is that Captain America didn't even admit the Avengers handled things poorly. He puts all the blame on the people when he was part of those people. This whole storyline could have been handled a lot better.

Wow, even if that rumour in the spoiler tags is true...that's depressing that THIS is what it took. Does Wanda even get the stinkeye anymore?

I don't know if you've been reading X-Factor but Polaris is pretty crazy again.

Sonofabiscuit. I haven't really touched X-Factor since Schism. I should've known it was only a matter of time before Lorna went nuts again.

Captain America and Cyclops took some pretty nasty hits during this event, Cap will be ok because other writers will use him better than this. Scott is tarnished pretty badly since this is apparently a mandate to make him the Anakin Skywalker of the X-Men.

Iron Man looked like a nitwit and Thor looked weak. Wolverine looked really bad early on especially if you follow him in Uncanny X-Force and WATXM religiously like I do. Wanda was a waste of space and Hope accomplished what she could have done way back at the end of Second Coming.

This event should have been called "Avengers and X-Men vs. the Writers" instead. They did a serious number on some of those guys. Surprisingly, Marvel's longtime whipping boy Spider-Man actually looked good during this debacle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"