The Dark Knight Rises Batman entrance villian.

I pictured the first scene with someone like firefly, he doesnt necessarily have to fly, but he can just be a huge pyromaniac.

However, before batman can take him down hes gone, and the cops are chasing him, and he is now being blamed for the fires or something.

Hugo Strange(or the Riddler) obsessing over batman, rooms filled with newspaper cutouts, little notes, psychological examples , ideas for people who could be him and finally...a note where it's underlined in red:
Bruce Wayne(if riddler, end it with a question mark)

Victor Zsasz. I don't know if he can act but it would be good to have a lineage from BB and have Tim Booth back. If it's just an opening scene he doesn't need to be the greatest actor in the world.

They could do a sequence like Zsasz had in knightfall, have him holding people hostage, whether at a women's college dorm or whatever it was in kf, have teh cops surrounding the place and trying to negotiate but Batman sneaks right in just as Zsasz is about kill someone. Then have the cops move in when they hear screams and the first cop on the scene hesitates when they draw on Batman(who has taken out Zsasz) allowing BM to escape, then the cops give chase.
A scene like that would be good to show how BM is still operating despite being an enemy of the police.

Yea I think the film should establish early on that the police will be a "villain" of sorts.

Maybe even have some police taking shots at Batman, either because they are corrupt or took Batman's apparent crimes personally. Much to the despair of Gordon. Who wants to make it look like he is doing his best to hunt Batman, but obviously doesn't want him killed.
How about Bullock leading the Batman task force in the GCPD? Bullock isn't really a villain in the Batman universe, but he is antagonistic towards Batman.

Ace of knaves and I proposed bullock to lead an anti batman squd on the first page. Don't take our idea from us! :p

Léo Ho Tep;17245124 said:
Ace of knaves and I proposed bullock to lead an anti batman squd on the first page. Don't take our idea from us! :p
And I proposed it several weeks ago in a different thread! :p

Mad Hatter shooting some woman and stealing her hat.
It's a petty crime but is, at the same time bizzare and faintly creepy.
That could work.

What about Joker? Being taken into Arkham. We don't even have to see his face. Just seen the guards p.o.v of him, all scared ****less n that :D

Nope. I want to see the Hatter.
It will give Nolan an excuse to use Andy Serkis. And, who knows? It may encourage writers to come up with a half decent story for the character.

I like the idea of opening the film with the cops being presented as the antagonists. Maybe a group of cops spot a CFB thinking he's Batman, capture him, then beat the **** out of him when they realize it's not really Batman.

Then again another CFB opening would be a bit too familiar.

Mad Hatter shooting some woman and stealing her hat.
It's a petty crime but is, at the same time bizzare and faintly creepy.
That could work.
So wait a minute... why would the Hatter steal someone's hat? Dont tell me because of the name...

How about the police put together their own "vigilante unit" together right under Gordons nose? A unit of police who never liked Batman and take what he apparently did in TDK personally and want him dead, not arrested.

I second to have Sgt. Bullock lead that unit.

How about Bullock leading the Batman task force in the GCPD? Bullock isn't really a villain in the Batman universe, but he is antagonistic towards Batman.

Can someone explain to me why Bullock isn't already in the Nolanverse?
Keith Szarabajka's character, Detective Gerard Stephens, could have very easily been Bullock; he was loyal to Gordon, and underestimated the Joker, which follows the character of Bullock as he was developed in the comics and in the Animated Series of the 90s. He's an important character in the Batman mythology; a good cop and detective, but kind of an old school rule-bender. He represents the cop's "good ol' boys code" that translates into the distaste that most Gotham policeman have for Batman.:yay:

I'd say Firefly because he can really show the escalation of crime in Gotham City. He carries around a flamethrower and flies around on a jetpack. How much worse can one criminal get on his own?

Apparently there is already some version of Firefly that was considered by Nolan for either TDK or the accompanying (but unreleased) TDK videogame, since DC/Mattel released an action figure of him in the TDK basic line.:word:

Apparently there is already some version of Firefly that was considered by Nolan for either TDK or the accompanying (but unreleased) TDK videogame, since DC/Mattel released an action figure of him in the TDK basic line.:word:
I remember seeing this. However, it was just one of those toys released that really has nothing to do with the film and rake in more money.

I remember seeing this. However, it was just one of those toys released that really has nothing to do with the film and rake in more money.

How do you know that? I never saw Firefly (as a single) once in a retail store, though I did find it in a two-pack around Christmas time in Ohio last year, and I spend A LOT of time looking for stuff like that... Believe me, that figure didn't rake in any money at all. If that were the purpose, then some more well-known (non-film) characters would have been created, like Robin, Nightwing, Mr. Freeze, Harley Quinn or Poison Ivy. I had heard that the Deathstroke and Firefly basic line figures were produced from early art proofs sent to the manufacturers, before Nolan wrote them out of TDK (and the videogame that was also scrapped). I think that there is a good chance that one or both might appear in the sequel to TDK.:word:

Hugo Strange(or the Riddler) obsessing over batman, rooms filled with newspaper cutouts, little notes, psychological examples , ideas for people who could be him and finally...a note where it's underlined in red:
Bruce Wayne(if riddler, end it with a question mark)

This sounds like more of an ending to me, but a good idea nonetheless.

How do you know that? I never saw Firefly (as a single) once in a retail store, though I did find it in a two-pack around Christmas time in Ohio last year, and I spend A LOT of time looking for stuff like that... Believe me, that figure didn't rake in any money at all. If that were the purpose, then some more well-known (non-film) characters would have been created, like Robin, Nightwing, Mr. Freeze, Harley Quinn or Poison Ivy. I had heard that the Deathstroke and Firefly basic line figures were produced from early art proofs sent to the manufacturers, before Nolan wrote them out of TDK (and the videogame that was also scrapped). I think that there is a good chance that one or both might appear in the sequel to TDK.:word:
Because Firefly wasn't in the movie. That's how I know that.

there should be no entrance villain, he's in hiding now getting the batcave up to speed ;)

Keith Szarabajka's character, Detective Gerard Stephens, could have very easily been Bullock; he was loyal to Gordon, and underestimated the Joker, which follows the character of Bullock as he was developed in the comics and in the Animated Series of the 90s. He's an important character in the Batman mythology; a good cop and detective, but kind of an old school rule-bender. He represents the cop's "good ol' boys code" that translates into the distaste that most Gotham policeman have for Batman.:yay:

When I first sa TDK I really thought it was Bullock. The actor was great. :bh:

I doubt Batman 3 will begin like TDK and include an "entrance villain". Batman is on the run and TDK began with an entrance villain for story purposes 1) to introduce the fake Batmen and 2) to show that Batman had basically become a feared element of the night/criminal underworld. Batman's relationship with Gotham has changed since then... but if I had to include an opening villain I think an assassin villain like Deathstroke is the best bet...

It's been years since I've seen BTAS, but I remember Bullock as being a piggish a-hole who often insulted Batman. Stephens didn't come off that way at all to me.

Léo Ho Tep;17249176 said:
When I first sa TDK I really thought it was Bullock. The actor was great. :bh:

Stephens was my favorite minor character. :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papapasmurfsmur
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"