Best movie twist ending ever?

I don't think so. Cause the person was seeing it with me. Now, had I told them what happend before they started watching the movie, then I achieve a-hole status.

I just don't like it, whether they are right or wrong, people telling me what they think is going to happen while I am watching the movie.

Empire Strikes Back, Saw (Not really a fan of the movies, but my jaw dropped at the ending)

Reservoir Dogs has a pretty crazy twist, although I suppose you find out about it earlier on. It's a crazy twist for the characters, though.

I hadn't read the fourth Harry Potter book when I saw Goblet of Fire and the whole Mad Eye Moody thing was a huge twist for me.

Suprised The Others hasnt been made mention of, even though I watched it with my girlfriend and really pissed her off by being like " OH SHE AND THE KIDS ARE *****!". Hated me for like the whole night.

I mentioned that in my top ten list. The movie works great if you don't know the reveal.

Empire Strikes Back, Saw (Not really a fan of the movies, but my jaw dropped at the ending)

Reservoir Dogs has a pretty crazy twist, although I suppose you find out about it earlier on. It's a crazy twist for the characters, though.

I hadn't read the fourth Harry Potter book when I saw Goblet of Fire and the whole Mad Eye Moody thing was a huge twist for me.

I loved the twist to Reservoir Dogs. Not only did [BLACKOUT]Mr Orange[/BLACKOUT] just work undercover, he also killed undercover too. Put some strength to the twist, imo.

Dude/Dudette!:up:

Hey do you think:
In the end when he says there never was an Aaron, that he had actaully lost his sh**, & he didn't even know who he was. Because in the beginng they actually had documentation on Aaron. What do you think?
I think
there never was an Aaron, I think he was just that good at covering it up.

Vertigo
Usual Suspects
The Sixth Sense
Empire Strikes Back

The Prestige was a good movie but I guessed the twist very early into the movie, lol.
However, the 4 movies listed above were also very good but I never saw the twists coming, which was AWESOME, especially Sixth Sense.

Empire Strikes Back
Se7en
The Prestige

When I think about 'twist endings,' I immediately think of The Sixth Sense. It was one of the few movies I saw in which the ending was not only brilliant, but was one I didn't see coming.

The Game was another good one, pretty much for the same reasons.

I know everyone loves Saw's twist ending. And maybe it's because it was spoiled for me, it's a great twist and all but It didn't really change all that much story wise. The dead guy in the middle played very little role in the rest of the movie, so him being Jigsaw was cool but it didn't add a deeper meaning to the rest of it.

However, I think the twist in Saw II is much better. It completely changes the context of the entire movie, and I did not see it coming at all. But, it makes perfect sense. Everything would have been fine had Detective Matthews just listened to Jigsaw and stayed there.

When I think about 'twist endings,' I immediately think of The Sixth Sense. It was one of the few movies I saw in which the ending was not only brilliant, but was one I didn't see coming.

:up: I'm with you. I thought the twist in The Sixth Sense was the best. The amazing thing is that if you go back and watch it again, all of the answers are right there. I still never saw that coming though.

I know everyone loves Saw's twist ending. And maybe it's because it was spoiled for me, it's a great twist and all but It didn't really change all that much story wise. The dead guy in the middle played very little role in the rest of the movie, so him being Jigsaw was cool but it didn't add a deeper meaning to the rest of it.

However, I think the twist in Saw II is much better. It completely changes the context of the entire movie, and I did not see it coming at all. But, it makes perfect sense. Everything would have been fine had Detective Matthews just listened to Jigsaw and stayed there.

Yeah, but you were just waiting for the twist in Saw 2 because you knew one was coming. As creative as it was, you were expecting something to surprise you.

The Sixth Sense - really takes the cake, considering we were given so many signs and still no one saw it coming:up:
The Empire Strikes Back
Fight Club
Charade :o

The twists are wearing thin on me... ever since the Sixth Sense movies are starting to just write in endings that no one else will expect that heck... even the writers would piss their own pants... go see Perfect Stranger and you will know what I am talking about... I mean... I vomitted... literally.

Yeah, but you were just waiting for the twist in Saw 2 because you knew one was coming. As creative as it was, you were expecting something to surprise you.

So what? I was expecting a twist but was completely surprised by what it was.

Expecting it doesn't take away from it being a great 'movie twist ending' .

So what? I was expecting a twist but was completely surprised by what it was.

Expecting it doesn't take away from it being a great 'movie twist ending' .

Well part of it is probably that I thought Saw was good as a standalone movie, and was horribly disappointed by it's sequel enough to turn me off from the whole series.

Eh, I like them. They are what they are, and they are pretty much the only good horror/slasher movies coming out anymore. And they at least try to have some kind of meaning.

I think the only that really got me is The Sixth Sense and Fight Club

not many were ready for the twists in the

Unusual Suspects
Seven
Sixth Sense

therefore those are the best

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members