Black Panther The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of MBJ

5Slcp4Q.png

It's not MBJ's hair I am focused on, it's the woman to his right: Janelle Monae.

It's not MBJ's hair I am focused on, it's the woman to his right: Janelle Monae.

I was just telling a friend recently that she would be an interesting choice for Monica Lynne.

awwww ****.

Why do I have a feeling they play this on the set between shoots?

So they've cast 10 year old child actor Seth Carr as Young Killmonger so presumably they've cast another child actor of a similar age as young T'Challa. So they'll be portrayed as 6th graders for the flashback scenes.

So they've cast 10 year old child actor Seth Carr as Young Killmonger so presumably they've cast another child actor of a similar age as young T'Challa. So they'll be portrayed as 6th graders for the flashback scenes.

Same age....ehhh lets hope this part isn't corny.

10 years old is 4th grade.

Why would you think that?

Unless they change things T'challa didn't meet Killmonger until he was an adult and Boseman has like 10 years on MBJ

Why would you think that?

Because that's how movies work sometimes.

Unless they change things T'challa didn't meet Killmonger until he was an adult and Boseman has like 10 years on MBJ

Like you just said, they may change things and real life age doesn't mean much. They could be playing roles of similar ages. However, I could be right abouy this or I could be very wrong. Time will soon tell.

I don't know how good the Wonder Woman movie will be, but I can tell already they nailed Themyscira.

Here's hoping Wakanda will be displayed in its full beauty.

^We should find out in a few months when the first trailer comes out

I don't know how good the Wonder Woman movie will be, but I can tell already they nailed Themyscira.

Here's hoping Wakanda will be displayed in its full beauty.

I thought Themyscira was okay to me. Nothing ground breaking imo. I was expecting the creative team to be a lot more imaginative but oh well

I'm hoping Wakanda is miles better though especially for a nation that claims to have the best technology in the world

Marvel Press Revives Black Panther for Kids
Award-winning children’s author Ronald L. Smith (Hoodoo) signed a world rights deal with Marvel Press to write a middle grade novel featuring the Marvel superhero Black Panther. (The character made his debut in the Fantastic Four and is considered the first black superhero.) This book, which is set in the mythical African country of Wakanda and present-day Chicago, will depict Black Panther in his youth. Adriann Ranta Zurhellen at Foundry Literary + Media represented the author, striking the agreement with Emily Meehan at Disney-Hyperion (where Marvel Press is an imprint). The book, which Hannah Allaman and Tomas Palacios will be editing, is set for January 2018, timed to hit shelves just before the release of the Marvel film featuring Black Panther.

Correction: An earlier version of this story misspelled the name of agent Adriann Ranta Zurhellen.

http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/...e/73033-book-deals-week-of-march-13-2017.html

Ah thanks, i still think august is a likely teaser month.
Looking at the numbers of when the previous MCU films have dropped the first teasers officially online, middle to late July wouldn't be completely out of the realm of possibility. It'd be on the higher end for sure (at almost 7 months before U.S. release date), but a couple other films have had first teasers drop close to that early... Doctor Strange was nearly 7 months before release date, Spider-Man: Homecoming as well (even though, technically, it is Sony that's in charge of marketing - though I imagine they're listening to Marvel's advice).

It is likely they will show something at D23 for those in attendance. Then possibly maybe a week or two later dropping something online officially for everyone else..... or they could wait until a couple weeks into August (closer to the average 6 month time frame). I can see it going either way, to be honest.

It's crazy because I was just having a convo with a friend about how with Wakanda's army and the whole internal coups that pop up from time to time, I'd like to see epic battles LOTRs or GoT style. If this film's scope covers what I think and hope it will, we're undisputedly looking at a game changer!

It's crazy because I was just having a convo with a friend about how with Wakanda's army and the whole internal coups that pop up from time to time, I'd like to see epic battles LOTRs or GoT style. If this film's scope covers what I think and hope it will, we're undisputedly looking at a game changer!

Part of the reason I hope they don't leave Wakanda too much. There's too much goodness in Wakanda.

I think the T'Challa/W'Kabi friendship is going to be one of the underrated parts of the movie. Great decision in casting him.

The question is will that resonate with the general audience?

I hope so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back