Comics Boycotting Spider-Man

I thought , Sparta, as a city state, didnt exist anymore....is she from the region where Sparta used to be? its ruins are in Laconia I believe.....the modern municipality is Sparti, if I remember my geography correctly, which is in Laconia

She's not here to correct me at the moment, but I believe that she is of Spartan royal descent.
I believe her family is from that particular region, but I'm just guessing here...

:yay:

She's not here to correct me at the moment, but I believe that she is of Spartan royal descent.
I believe her family is from that particular region, but I'm just guessing here...

Great.:whatever: Since you're Royalty by default, does this mean we have to bow every time you log in?

:cwink:

Oh ok my family were african slaves, bought to America forcefully

I have given up on Spider-Man and it shames me that I actually read most of Marvel's gradual destruction of such a great character. Okay, that maybe overstating but recently we've had Gwen Stacy have sex with Osborn, Spider-Man getting his powers solely from a Spider-God and One More Day was really the final straw. God.

It's really sad because Spider-Man one of my childhood heroes and now...

Getting into Batman now, really love how psychologically dark his character is.

I have given up on Spider-Man and it shames me that I actually read most of Marvel's gradual destruction of such a great character. Okay, that maybe overstating but recently we've had Gwen Stacy have sex with Osborn, Spider-Man getting his powers solely from a Spider-God and One More Day was really the final straw. God.

Well, not that I can tell you what to read, but all the bad things you mentioned about Spidey have been pre-OMD, and I doubt we'll that type of crap in the next few years...

And truthfully, if you're more interested in "dak psychologial" heroes, then Spider-Man might not be your bag, man...

Cheers...

Well, not that I can tell you what to read, but all the bad things you mentioned about Spidey have been pre-OMD, and I doubt we'll that type of crap in the next few years...

But they purposely did that. They purposely put that **** in, the Spider-God stuff, revealing his identity, etc, all the while knowing they were going to undo it. It's a very ****ty thing to do.

It's the equivalent of Coca Cola replacing their drink with a real bad tasting flavour, only to bring back the original flavour, and having the cheek to say "how smart are we to give this to you", except that the Spider-Man we have now is this man child with a screwed history and years of character relationships out the window. Spider-Man stories with no maturity :huh: You can have it, I don't want it.

But they purposely did that. They purposely put that **** in, the Spider-God stuff, revealing his identity, etc, all the while knowing they were going to undo it. It's a very ****ty thing to do.

I doubt that the Spider-God stuff was purposely brought in as an idea of JMS (who was given "carte blanche" on ASM) to ultimately destroy the marriage/status quo.

Spider-Man stories with no maturity :huh: You can have it, I don't want it.

We haven't seen what kind of stories are planned for the next year, so a "Spidey with no maturity" is rather presumptuous on your part (I would expect no less), and I'll gladly take this new era Spider-Man and I could give two farts as to whether you're there or not.

As usual, have a nice day.

That was recent?

Recent because I still feel the pain.

And truthfully, if you're more interested in "dak psychologial" heroes, then Spider-Man might not be your bag, man...

I liked Spider-man because he was a normal guy who gained superpowers, who thereafter felt compelled to use it for good through guilt and the responsibility he feels to society because of his powers. I like how he still tries to lead a normal life but his dual identity inevitably has an impact on that. His marriage to MJ was part of that normal life, and I thought JMS initially handled the issue very well and tried to find some balance between being Spider-man and a husband but then came the unmasking and OMD and poof, all gone with no explanation whatsoever.

I suppose Spidey's plight in some ways mirrors our own, a spawn of hell destroys all that he holds dear to him and he is powerless to stop that from happening, and is then supposed to pretend that nothing has changed and move on just like that.

However, at least Spidey had the consolation of having his memory wiped.

Couldn't have said it better, gooner.

Spider-Man used to mean something. He was a hero and a good person. Now he's just a guy in tights making Marvel money.

I can tell you right now that they're not getting any of mine!

Couldn't have said it better, gooner.

Spider-Man used to mean something. He was a hero and a good person. Now he's just a guy in tights making Marvel money.

I can tell you right now that they're not getting any of mine!

Well aren't you special?

I am just a humble member of the Arachknights here to spread word of our cause.

Here are the words of our founder:

My fellow fans, for over the last year, Joe Quesada has been ruining
Spider-Man's character with the changes from One More Day and how they've just
"rolled with it" since Brand New Day started. Quesada has given a huge middle
finger to the fans with this. I wanted to like BND, I really did, but this isn't
the true Spider-Man some of us grew up with. How long will are we going to take
this?I am Spider-Zero, and I am gathering as many angry fans as I can to join
the Order of the Arachknights and participate in the Marvel Rebellion.The plan
is to boycott not only Amazing Spider-Man, but ALL Marvel publications. I know
this may be hard, but this is for the good of all of Marvel. Spider-Man was just
the first to be ruined. How long before he goes after Iron Man? Hulk? Wolverine?
We all need to band together as fans and tell Quesada that he's wrong. As long
as Joe Quesada remains as Editor-in-Chief, this rebellion will continue to grow
and won't stop until he is removed from his position.

Who will join us?

Ok as one of the most vocal boycotters of OMD peter parker on this board, I want to go on record as saying that's a horrible idea. One you're calling for someone, someone who in many ways helped save marvel, to get fired for their personal, though wrong, beliefs. That's petty and self-serving. And two you're calling for a boycott of an entire company for one factor. There are a lot of good marvel comics out there by different writers but you want to torpeado the whole thing for one issue? It's like a little kid holding their breath.

You want change, be an adult about it. Boycott the thing you have an issue with, nothing more and be as vocal as possible about the problems so they're kept in the forefront. What you cannot ever do is to show that you've become a raving lunatic or fanatic because those people don't count for anything in reality. Don't boycott marvel, boycott ASM (it's not hard, it's pretty bad with all the nonsense anyway). Use that money for something else, support a good marvel book like incredible herc or spider-girl or any of the other excellent stuff out there, or go one better and try an independent.

What's needed is patience and persistance, not grand and half assed gestures. We did it for the clone saga, we can do it again but it only works if we do it as responsible buyers and consumers and not fanatics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"