Breaking Bad - - Part 15

Florida mom finds a way to get name in papers, enjoys her 15 minutes. Film at 11.

I signed the counter petition, and I hope some of you will as well. TRU has had their collector-centric aisle for years, and hopefully they won't bow to pressure from ill-informed, reactionary people in the future.

I'm not against the Toys themselves, I just don't think they are appropriate for Toys R Us.

I'm not against the Toys themselves, I just don't think they are appropriate for Toys R Us.

If parents have done their jobs (disallowing kids from watching inappropriate shows), then the kids will have no interest in the figures. Moreover, TRU has had their adult/collector-centric line for many years.

I love Breaking Bad, but i'm gonna have to side with the Florida Mom on this one. Those toys have no business in a store meant for children. They come with fake crystal meth!

I've actually lost a bit of respect for Aaron, seeing him get so ******** over this. :whatever:

Yeah, toys with fake crystal meth aren't the best christmas gifts for a child. But hey, there's fake guns, fake knives, M rated games, and other toy weapons that are SUPER appropriate for kids!!!!!

Yeah, toys with fake crystal meth aren't the best christmas gifts for a child. But hey, there's fake guns, fake knives, M rated games, and other toy weapons that are SUPER appropriate for kids!!!!!

Wal-mart, Target, and K-mart have the mature DVDs in the same aisle as the Disney & Nickelodeon DVDs. How did that not result in legions of grade-school aged Breaking Bad fans?

Imma be real, if I have a elementary school-aged son/daughter who could feasibly cook up meth, I'd send them to Harvard.

Imma be real, if I have a elementary school-aged son/daughter who could feasibly cook up meth, I'd send them to Harvard.

Goodness gracious, ANE. I'm laughing so hard right now, I can barely see to type.:lmao::lmao::lmao:

If the parents don't want their kids having Breaking Bad toys...don't buy them Breaking Bad toys. And as Lantern Venom said, why would children be fans of Walt, Jesse and co in the first place?

Personally I didn't even know they had made Breaking Bad figures until this nonsense, so thanks Florida-Mom!

Let me guess, Aaron Paul thinks the mom is a b****?

If the parents don't want their kids having Breaking Bad toys...don't buy them Breaking Bad toys. And as Lantern Venom said, why would children be fans of Walt, Jesse and co in the first place?

Personally I didn't even know they had made Breaking Bad figures until this nonsense, so thanks Florida-Mom!

The counter petition is now up to 60,000 signatures. I hope TRU sees this and ignores any similar complaints about their adult figure lines in the future.

This whole fiasco is a typical case of "Waaaahhh waaaahhhh, I don't like something, so someone needs to make it go away because I'm too stupid to avoid it myself!"

It's also a case of "Hey, I'm too lazy to be a parent. Everyone else needs to make these decisions for me."

I'm in the middle of season two right now, I'm ok with all the characters.

Based on what I had read online I had expected Skyler to be some nagging witch. Thus far I basically find all her actions rational given the context, plus Gunn is a good actress.

Bryan Cranston is such a terrific actor. His blowfish speech to Jesse was spoken with such vitality lol.

Keep us updated with your opinions about the show. I'm curious as to what a first time viewer thinks about these characters and situations.

I found all of the excessive hatred with Skyler ridiculous. Skyler isn't perfect, but she's a saint compared to Walt, especially when all the hatred for Skyler reach super high levels int he 5th season.

I found it ridiculous and sad that some fans were stupid enough to send Anna Gunn death threats.

I found all of the excessive hatred with Skyler ridiculous. Skyler isn't perfect, but she's a saint compared to Walt, especially when all the hatred for Skyler reach super high levels int he 5th season.

Sure, Sklar never killed anyone and wasn't cooking meth, but to be fair, Skylar did some pretty messed up, vindictive **** way before she had any clue about Walt's meth cooking. In the first half of the series, Skylar was doing terrible stuff out of spite, with no "protecting the family" excuse Walt had. Granted, her actions at the end of the series were justifiable and borne from a legitimate concern for her family (compared to Walt), but I think people wouldn't have had such a hate-***** for her by then had her character not been as hateful/vindictive in the beginning. It was a misstep by the writers, I think.

I found it ridiculous and sad that some fans were stupid enough to send Anna Gunn death threats.

Yeah...there's no excuse for that, it's pretty damn disgusting.

Don't get me wrong, I disliked Skyler in the first 2 seasons (to be honest, season made me like her more as character as her holier than thou personality went away), and I don't think she's a completely likable character.

The writers have had some missteps in the beginning, specially with Skyler and also to an even bigger degree, Marie (the shoplifting stuff never went anywhere, mostly because the writers couldn't find a use for it.)

It's not about the parents. It's about the image the company wants to display. TRU is store designed for children. Having toys promoting an adult-oriented program which features swearing, drugs, graphic violence and partial nudity is ridiculous.

I'm not stupid enough to think the toys will warp any young minds, or cause an influx in meth distribution, it just doesn't fit the store or its target demographic, plain and simple.

I find it odd that anyone would go to TRU to buy one anyway. The only people interested in buying these would be viewers of the show, who would be in their early 20s to mid 30s. If I were buying one of these, I'd feel a wee bit embarrassed and pretty stupid to be doing it at Toys R Us.

Again, BB is a great show, and I wouldn't mind owning one of these toys myself, I just think it's ridiculous to sell them at TRU.

Last edited:
Both sides have a points on TRU issue.

On hand, it's a store that is focused on kids and that is their main audiences which makes me wonder why anyone would go to Toys r Us to buy Breaking Bad toys.

On another hand, calling out just Breaking Bad is a double standard, considering they sell horror toys like Freddy Kruger and Jason Voorhees toys. Also, they sell rated M games.

I don't care either way. I don't buy anything from Toys R Us anymore and haven't in 12 years.

Heh, they sell The Evil Within. Does anybody know how incredibly graphic and disturbing that game is? The least disturbing thing in that game is probably 100x more graphic than anything that is associated with BrBa.

It's not about the parents. It's about the image the company wants to display. TRU is store designed for children. Having toys promoting an adult-oriented program which features swearing, drugs, graphic violence and partial nudity is ridiculous.

I'm not stupid enough to think the toys will warp any young minds, or cause an influx in meth distribution, it just doesn't fit the store or its target demographic, plain and simple.

I find it odd that anyone would go to TRU to buy one anyway. The only people interested in buying these would be viewers of the show, who would be in their early 20s to mid 30s. If I were buying one of these, I'd feel a wee bit embarrassed and pretty stupid to be doing it at Toys R Us.

Again, BB is a great show, and I wouldn't mind owning one of these toys myself, I just think it's ridiculous to sell them at TRU.

Toys R Us exclusively sold the Prometheus rape squid, with a very phallic looking attachment that was barely covered up inside the package. TRU was fine with carrying that, but selling toys of meth dealers was too far?

A few folks have already addressed the bold section (and quite well), so I'll chime in on the second paragraph.

Adult toy collectors are a huge business. Countless adults all over the world have no shame going to a store that sells the stuff they want to own. What would be actually stupid, is TRU not stocking toys geared toward an adult audience, the loss in revenue would be enormous. Image or not, first and foremost they're a business, and they'll do whatever it takes to make the most money.

Both sides have a points on TRU issue.

On hand, it's a store that is focused on kids and that is their main audiences which makes me wonder why anyone would go to Toys r Us to buy Breaking Bad toys.

On another hand, calling out just Breaking Bad is a double standard, considering they sell horror toys like Freddy Kruger and Jason Voorhees toys. Also, they sell rated M games.

I'm not collecting the BB figures, but I've bought several figures at TRU that were based on adult-oriented entertainment. I bought Alien/Predator figures there years ago. TRU's practice of carrying some mature inventory isn't a recent phenomenon.

IIRC, KB Toys also sold Predator, Alien, and McFarlane toys before it went bankrupt.

A few folks have already addressed the bold section (and quite well), so I'll chime in on the second paragraph.

Adult toy collectors are a huge business. Countless adults all over the world have no shame going to a store that sells the stuff they want to own. What would be actually stupid, is TRU not stocking toys geared toward an adult audience, the loss in revenue would be enormous. Image or not, first and foremost they're a business, and they'll do whatever it takes to make the most money.

I've never felt even the slightest bit odd buying figures for myself at TRU. I don't have any personal collecting interests there currently, but I'll be there on delivery day when I hear that TRU is carrying a line of 1/6 Walking Dead figures.

All time great show

Last edited:
I finished my rewatching of Breaking Bad just last week, and damn it was just as incredible as the first time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"