The Winter Soldier Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - - - - Part 19

So how far apart are the events of Iron Man 3 and Thor: TDW? Days? Weeks? Months?

That is never specified that I'm aware

Dammit the 4:30 screening was sold out. I have to wait unto 7:30 but it'll definitely be worth it.

I would love to see Skull back, but hasn't Weaving already said he's not interested in returning?

Yeah he did say something along those lines, kind of a one and done, feels like he did all he could, doesn't want to be limited or defined by the role. But he was a brilliant Red Skull. Getting Redford for TWS was a coup and who knows maybe things like that and the reception TWS is getting might change how Weaving feels.

Even if he doesn't come back The Red Skull could work as a re-cast seeing as he's donned/assumed many other personas or "faces" throughout the comics to keep his identity hidden. If Weaving really decides not to return, perhaps I could see someone like Willem Dafoe taking a crack at it. There were some times after he lost his "face" that I could easily have mistaken Weaving for Dafoe, possibly because he reminded me of Dafoe's Klause character in The Life Aquatic. If you're familiar with that film or know of which character I'm talking about you'll know what I mean lol.

Yeah he did say something along those lines, kind of a one and done, feels like he did all he could, doesn't want to be limited or defined by the role. But he was a brilliant Red Skull. Getting Redford for TWS was a coup and who knows maybe things like that and the reception TWS is getting might change how Weaving feels.

Even if he doesn't come back The Red Skull could work as a re-cast seeing as he's donned/assumed many other personas or "faces" throughout the comics to keep his identity hidden. If Weaving really decides not to return, perhaps I could see someone like Willem Dafoe taking a crack at it. There were some times after he lost his "face" that I could easily have mistaken Weaving for Dafoe, possibly because he reminded me of Dafoe's Klause character in The Life Aquatic. If you're familiar with that film or know of which character I'm talking about you'll know what I mean lol.

I wouldn't mind Dafoe as a replacement. He'd be a great choice actually. And it would be nice to see him a villain that allows him to use his naturally creepy face to full effect.

At my theater the biggest laugh was for Stan Lee's cameo.

After that it was clear audence loved Scarlett Johansson flirty banter with
Chris Evans

Some say the Widow replacing female council member coming and post credit scene of WS at museum got better reaction than the mid credit scene teaser for age of ultron

That is never specified that I'm aware

Actually they did:

-Kevin Feige said in an interview that IM 3 took place "some months" after Avengers.

-Craig Kyle said in an interview that TDW took place one year after Avengers.

-Scarlett Johansson said in an interview that TWS took place two years after Avengers.

There's the timeline.

Not really, it implies less than a year. Otherwise, they'd have said "years" instead of months.

Actually they did:

-Kevin Feige said in an interview that IM 3 took place "some months" after Avengers.

-Craig Kyle said in an interview that TDW took place one year after Avengers.

-Scarlett Johansson said in an interview that TWS took place two years after Avengers.

There's the timeline.

Official timeline statements like that kinda annoy me. They want to keep the MCU going like Bond, but they keep referencing real time and state when each film takes place in. I wonder how that's going to make the MCU look in 10-15 years from now.

Official timeline statements like that kinda annoy me. They want to keep the MCU going like Bond, but they keep referencing real time and state when each film takes place in. I wonder how that's going to make the MCU look in 10-15 years from now.

They'll probably stop referencing a timeline. At least that's what I would do. After they start replacing actors, I'd just stop worrying about making everything fit in a timeline.

What I would do is watch the films based on real time.

BkjacbSCcAA-aZO.jpg

Check out Mackie's hands in the second pic. :D

I noticed that SLJ seemed to be smelling EVC's shoes in the second pic, and Sabastian Stan has a shocked expression while looking at him. :lmao:

What I would do is watch the films based on real time.

I do. It isn't a problem at the moment, but I think these films can potentially age horribly in 10-15 years from now. Especially things like Tony's dad being alive and active in WWII.

I actually wouldn't mind if the MCU kept their timeline going via real time, since they already started on that route. I know that's not a popular opinion though.

I noticed that SLJ seemed to be smelling EVC's shoes in the second pic, and Sabastian Stan has a shocked expression while looking at him. :lmao:

Evans looks a bit uncomfortable holding Emily in that position, and Kevin Feige has a "just grin and bear it" expression after suddenly popping up in the background. Emily, on the other hand, seems to trying to manoeuvre Mackie's hand away from her breast.

Is that possible? :D

I don't see much difference either between typical Clancy fare and 70s spy thrillers so it wouldn't be all that noticeable.
Well according to the writer he doesn't really feel it was that inspired by Clancy although it was in that area, according to him. My guess is that they will be going for even more of a grander spy and military feel in the next movie than this one. Clancy stories were more about the overall political tale than conspiracy, I think, if that makes sense. I think IM3 was more of a Tom Clancy movie than this was.

Agents of SHIELD also confirms this in an in-universe way.

The pilot episode takes place after IM3. Episode 8 takes place after Thor2. And last week's episode was just prior to TWS.

The time in between is not that important but it does confirm that none of these films overlap like they did in Phase One and TWS is definitely not a prequel as some were suggesting.

It also means TWS doesn't really explain SHIELD's absence from the events of IM3 and Thor2 the way Feige said it would.
It's explained in the movie itself. The government doesn't want SHIELD involved in the Mandarin hunt because they want to prove they can handle things without them and the Mandarin is not a SHIELD-type threat, he's a terrorist. The Extremist connection was also not known when Tony discovered it.

[YT]kPcLGpnw8RA[/YT]

Haha, this commerical, man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"