FF2 Crowd Reports!!

I went to the first showing in Leeds (at the VUE) at 12.30pm, had a big crowd considering people are still at school and work, etc. Was about 3 thirds full.

Both theaters were PACKED, there were alot of kids with parents, both enjoyed the film.

i just seen the film in newcastle, uk where most of the screens were sold out! additionaly when i was in the cinema people claped at the end of the film, and in the uk this hardly ever happens.

also when the sufer lost his power there loads of whipers, the room was buzzing , the same happened when sue floted over the water with her force field

everyone around me loved this movie, some kids had thing gloves that put a smile on my face, lets hope the film warents an ff3

the people in my theater loved it! Especially Johnny's remark about the rock slide.

same at mine to, it was funny, although when ben kissed alicia everyone i was with said it was silly

The 4 times ive seen it so far everyone loved it and laughed at the rock slide joke and the power switching scenes.

Applause as the movie was starting up.
Laughed at the appropriate moments--the Rock slide and Ben/Johnny switching powers in the lab were the biggest ones.
A couple of gasps when the general was killed.
A couple of "oh s***" when Doom is revealed at the UN and Thing slams him against the wall.
A few "awes" when the Fantasticar was revealed.

AND best of all...NO OBNOXIOUS PEOPLE! :up:

Overall, a very nice crowd that made it a very good movie watching environment.

My crowd were duds. They didn't laugh that much. The most noise they made was during the scene were Ben yells at the bear that got a awe!
Some guy had a fit seeing the Silver Sufer bit at the end after the credits rolled.
Alot of teenagers and very few kid more adults in fact.

^^ Yay i had only one obnoxious remark but other than that, the movie managed to shut the audience up and strap them in for a great ride.

Overall a Positive vibe.

They laughed, cheered, and cried or awwed at all the right moments, i wasn't really expecting any of that from this crowd really.

I think this crowd was better than SM3. :(

On my 2nd viewing, the crowd laughed when Alicia was looking in the wrong direction at the wedding, and they also laughed when Sue tried to protect the SS from getting hit :o

On my second viewing, the crowd loved it. There was a massive applause when it ended.

However, half the people missed the Surfer credit scene, lol.

I was with a great audience. They really enjoyed the movie, as did I.

The Thing got alot of laughs from the kids. Everyone loved when The Thing picked up those two kids for the photo in the beginning of the movie

Stuff came up yesterday so I had to see it today
7:00 PM
20% full(about 200 seat theater) very surprised about the turnout, I saw the first one on saturday the weekend it came out and it was pretty much sold out

Trailers
none of them got really any reaction but i'd say The Simpsons got the most buzz

As for the movie It was just alright, I kind of enjoyed the first one better actually. My biggest complaint is that it was to short. I was expecting more: more Surfer, more Doom, more Doom on surfboard(which was really cool!!) just more of everything. It got a so-so reaction from crowd walking out after it was over.

I had 3 kids in front of me walking out...

One says hey I wonder if there will be a Fantastic 4 4......and the other laughed and said this was just #2.....the other said....well of course there will be a 3rd...but won't it be cool to have a Fantastic 4 4.....the other said...yean and a Fantastic 4 5 and 6....cooooooooool.......it was funny.

Forgot to give a grade, I'd say about a B- for me

Saw it yesterday around 2:40, PG crowd was in the house. My theater was like 60 % full. Lots of laughter during the Ben/Johnny conversation about Alicia. That girl is so attractive.

Anyway there was a lot of nice moments and there was a bit of clapping at the end, myself included.

Plus some fat guy in a Spurs jersey 3 sizes too small for him sat next to me talking to people behind us about how women don't care about guy's feelings and that's the reason he doesn't date much. I mumbled; "Yeah, that's the reason. :whatever:" and I think he heard me as he kept giving me these looks like he wanted to peel off his jersey like velcro and fight me.

That's pretty darn funny.:woot: However, I can somewhat relate to that guy because I don't date much either.

My theatre was a little under half full but it's not bad considering it was a 1:45 showing on friday afternoon. It was a pretty quiet crowd, they laughed occasinally(sp?) mostly at the rock slide part. But after it ended, the little girl behind me yelled to her dad that they just had to buy that movie when it came out. I also overheard some people saying it was a lot better than the first one.

For the three showings that I went to, the least packed was the Friday night showing which was about 90% full. The other showings were about 95% full. I will put it to you like this, for the 3 times I have seen it I have had to sit in the front rows with today being the closest to the screen that I had to be. From my understanding the additional screen that was showing the 4 had no seats available.

I saw the 6:30pm showing of FF2, and it was packed by the time the movie starts. It was a good crowd; they laughed at most of the jokes, and even applauded at the end. And there were no crying babies nor obnoxious teenagers so both my wife & I enjoyed it.

Btw, I get to see the trailers for The Simpsons and Transformers. I already saw the trailer for Transformers but it's awesome to see it on big screen. Definitely a movie that I'll see on opening week.

My theatre was packed. These boys around 7 years old behind me were on laughing gas from when they sat down, til the movie started (thankfuly they shut up then). The audience on a whole laughed and cheered and awwed on cue but i was sitting next to this russian woman (i think) where she would 'tut' and gasp every 5 seconds at nothing. Was annoying though. It was a great crowd to sum in up and the experience there was great. When it was over, everyone clapped and cheered, then 2 men to the left of me had the followed conversation:

"Much Much better than the 1st"
"Did you recognise the voice of Silver Surfer?"
"No"
"It was Laurence Fishburne"
"Really?"
"Yea, i saw his name in the opening credits and i was like, huh?"
"Bloody hell"
"What?"
"It was only 1 hour and 20 min"
"Oh ****, I didnt notice how short it was"

I was laughing inside

Users who are viewing this thread