Captain America

MICHAEL BAY!!! YUCK! HE IS ONE OF THE WORST DIRECTOR'S OUT THERE! ALL VISUALS NO SUBSTANCE (WHY TRANSFORMERS WILL SUCK)!!!!!!

I can't vomit enough over his mention. Didn't we see enough of his WWII take in the horrendous Pearl Harbor?

Please be joking. That is a horrible suggestion.

Michael Bay, EWWWW!

Also, how is a WWII Cap movie then a modern day one confusing? We seem to think people watching movies are stupid, but they are not. You tell the story, they will get it. Why do we constantly say we have to settle for less because we think people are stupid? It is a wrong attitude.

Ghost Rider being #1 = Yeah, modern movie-goers are stupid...

Ghost Rider being #1 = Yeah, modern movie-goers are stupid...

I saw Ghost Rider. I thought it was good. Flawed but good. Am I stupid?

The only way people don't understand a story is if the movie is extremely artsy and complicated (doesn't happen to me, but I know people it happens to).

MICHAEL BAY!!! YUCK! HE IS ONE OF THE WORST DIRECTOR'S OUT THERE! ALL VISUALS NO SUBSTANCE (WHY TRANSFORMERS WILL SUCK)!!!!!!

I can't vomit enough over his mention. Didn't we see enough of his WWII take in the horrendous Pearl Harbor?

Please be joking. That is a horrible suggestion.

Michael Bay, EWWWW!

Also, how is a WWII Cap movie then a modern day one confusing? We seem to think people watching movies are stupid, but they are not. You tell the story, they will get it. Why do we constantly say we have to settle for less because we think people are stupid? It is a wrong attitude.

For me Michael Bay is one of the best directors of all time I liked his Bad Boys movies and the Island.
Cap and Pearl Harbour are base on the world war 2 era but have different storys, I´m sure he is the right guy to direct this film and that Transformers will be great. Steven Spielberg is one of the executive producer another reason why this movie will be one of the best in the year.

I´m not saying that people who watching movies are stupid I only saying that some people who doesn´t know the story of cap and think that he only fights nazis in WW2 wouldn´t understand why he is in our time when they see the second movie. They would take the film to serious and thinking it is impossible that someone could survive in ice so many years.
I know many people who yhink like that trust me

I want to/rather see Modern Cap, but with current developments in the Mid East I think it's a safer bet to have Cap premiere movie set in WW2.

All sound good except that I think the film should be; Captain America joins in a Team with Captain Britain and toghether with President ???? and Her Majesty The Queen behind them they take a fight against the growing muslim forces all over the world. Then the second film the nazi idea.

First one should be Cap's origin, show him an' Bucky fightin' Nazis then one final battle with th' Red Skull that leads to him bein' frozen, which's where part 2 should pick up.

It'd make th' fish outta water thing more impactful.

That's what I was thinking!! Let the sequel be the "found in ice" movie.

All sound good except that I think the film should be; Captain America joins in a Team with Captain Britain and toghether with President ???? and Her Majesty The Queen behind them they take a fight against the growing muslim forces all over the world. Then the second film the nazi idea.

You didn't just say that on these boards did you??? :dry:

For me Michael Bay is one of the best directors of all time I liked his Bad Boys movies and the Island.
Cap and Pearl Harbour are base on the world war 2 era but have different storys, I´m sure he is the right guy to direct this film and that Transformers will be great. Steven Spielberg is one of the executive producer another reason why this movie will be one of the best in the year.

I´m not saying that people who watching movies are stupid I only saying that some people who doesn´t know the story of cap and think that he only fights nazis in WW2 wouldn´t understand why he is in our time when they see the second movie. They would take the film to serious and thinking it is impossible that someone could survive in ice so many years.
I know many people who yhink like that trust me

Michael Bay is the wrong director for anything.

As for him in today's world, why would that be a hard explanation? You see him land in the artic, and end the movie in the present day with something to the effect of "look at this" and you see Cap in a suspended state. Cliffhanger=people filling the seats for Captain America 2. Not hard, I just did it in a few seconds. Audiences would buy it. No one on these forums has ever given a good reason they wouldn't, just like how people can't give me good reasons people won't buy a humanoid Galactus.

Hmm a cap film in modern day with the current climate could be very well done and thought provoking.

I would like to see flash backs of cap in war time USA filled with boy scout intentions and apple pie, where the U.S is considered the savior of the world and then to modern day where he is struggling to fit in a modern terrorist civilisation where he struggles with the notion of America not being the most populer of countries at this present time, and finding it hard to fit in.
Something along these lines could be awesome if done right.

Spider-Fan930, the only thing that I can say you is that one thing that some people want to see in the movies is that they would be ithe movie and see some realism, movies like this isn´t only made for the fans, it is made for everybody who are interesd to see the movie many of them thionk to serious.

First movie in WW2 and the next one in current day would be sweet.

At least we'd get a better idea of how the old times were for him.

Besides, Cap never owning nazis on screen just doesn't sound right. :woot:

Spider-Fan930, the only thing that I can say you is that one thing that some people want to see in the movies is that they would be ithe movie and see some realism, movies like this isn´t only made for the fans, it is made for everybody who are interesd to see the movie many of them thionk to serious.

This is a movie about a guy who was experimented on by the gov't, became super strong/agile, and was frozen in time until today. This is not a realistic movie, and a non-realistic movie can STILL BE SERIOUS. If you want a realistic war movie, go watch Saving Private Ryan or something like that. This is a superhero flick with WWII in it. Superhero movies can be serious (see BB). Don't judge the way the movies are made by camp like FF.

stephen spielberg is the only guy to do captain america

Oh, that would be sweet. I doubt it will ever happen, but if he directed a Cap movie, I would be super hyped.

I´m not saying that I want a realistic movie I´m just saying that many people want to much and more realistic for a movie.
I´m a fantasy freak.
I love fantasy, one of my favourite games is final fantasy.
The only thing that I have understand is that much people aren´t interest in movies that doesn´t seems realistic.
Thats one of the reasons why Ghost Rider wasn´t a hugh success.
I don´t have seen the movie yet but I have spoken with many people and they have said the same thing.
Captain America has for me everything to seen realistic, like Iron Man.
But Again I´m NOT one of this serious guys, I LOVE FANTASY

If anyone wants to see Nazis getting owned by Cap - then you might have to forget about the idea of Speilberg as director.

He recently said in an interview (in one of the big film mags, can't recall exactly, Empire maybe?) when asked about who the bad guys would be in Indy 4 , that his days of using the Nazis as the bad guys in his films are gone.

He exorcised that demon with Schindlers List and considers it kinda passe anyway - whethjer or not he'd be prepared to go back on that is anyones guess but you'd think the use of Nazis in a Cap film would be kinda mandatory. They go hand in hand.

Would he desire to direct Cap enough to make an exeption? Or would he do only do it if they didnt focus on WW2 and the Nazis?

Personally, I'd like to see it. Everyime I watch the beginning of Hellboy, I imagine Cap beating on the Germans in that scene.

maybe i am not just a big captain america fan, but i think they need to redo alot about him. i mean how many soldiers wear a red, white, and blue uniform into battle. also how about the big A on his forehead. i think that would make a great target. to make a good movie, they need to make were people can relate a little bit to the character, and i dont see that happening with the way cap. is right now. :batman:

Have we discussed the idea of Steven Spielberg directing Captain America?

I´m not saying that I want a realistic movie I´m just saying that many people want to much and more realistic for a movie.
I´m a fantasy freak.
I love fantasy, one of my favourite games is final fantasy.
The only thing that I have understand is that much people aren´t interest in movies that doesn´t seems realistic.
Thats one of the reasons why Ghost Rider wasn´t a hugh success.
I don´t have seen the movie yet but I have spoken with many people and they have said the same thing.
Captain America has for me everything to seen realistic, like Iron Man.
But Again I´m NOT one of this serious guys, I LOVE FANTASY

You do know that Ghost Rider is the biggest movie of the year thus far, right? It is doing pretty well.

I must say, this mentality that movies have to be realistic for people to like it is stupid. The whole genre we are adapting is FANTASY BASED! Why do people think it is a bad idea to try and adapt properly. If you gave the audience the chance to enjoy the concept for what it is, then they would. Realistic doesn't equal great nor audience appealing. Solid writing, acting, and directing often times do. That is what Cap needs, not some stupid realistic approach.

Well I think a flashback style should be used heavily, hardcore gritty war scenes, then comparisons with his life in modern times. So we only get the full story by the end of the film as everything slots into place.

What do you think of Clint Eastwood directing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"