Captain America

I think for the Captain America movies it should be like this:

movie 1- starts in WWII for the first few minutes of the film. (like the amount of time it took Peter to get bitten by a spider or until he became Spider-Man.) Something around 30-20% is set in the past and 70-80% of the film is set in the present. Have skinny Steve become muscular Captain America, maybe show a mission, as if he had gone on several. Then he gets frozen. Then the rest of the film should be about him in the present time trying to adjust and having to fight an old (or new) threat. Maybe the Red Skull.

movie 2- Death of Bucky. Set in modren times, and cuts to flashbacks, we see Bucky get killed in an exlosion that also killed another foe (Zemo). Now Captain America must fight Baron Zemo II, the son of the original Baron Zemo. At the same time, during this movie he is coming to grips with the loss of Bucky and all that.

movie 3- not sure but he fights some terrorists like Hydra or something. Or maybe this film features Falcon and SHIELD. Gary Sinise could play Nick Fury. Maybe the 3rd could be an Avengers movie, or something, I don't really have a plot for the 3rd.

movie 4- Winter Soldier.
the return of the long thought dead Bucky as the Winter Soldier. And leave it open for Winter Soldier films, that could include Nick Fury and Captain America cameos. and leave room for more sequals at the end of this film. Don't end it like X3.

Hmm. Don't think the series is going to go that far or even becoming a franchise. Especially with the Avengers movie on it's way. I think these guys will probably get about 1 or 2 movies and that'll be it. The rest of their careers are pretty Avengers centric anyway.

I don't see why all these marvel movies need to be franchises or trilogies.

Just watched the movie Brick last night starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt...and I am convinced that he is the guy to play Bucky in the flashbacks/WWII parts of the Captain America movie. He has the frailness to play the vulnerable part of the character and the "Hootspah" to play the street-wise punk aspect of the character. IMHO...I consider him CAST!! ;)

Rage

I would love Captain America to be in an Avengers movie, and would be happy to give up a third or forth movie to see that.

But I don't think Bucky should be introduced until the second movie. Give the first movie time to establish Steve Rogers and the whole Captain America thing, past and present.

the sequal is the one to introduce and kill off Bucky in, and it would be nice to show Winter Soldier in one of the films but probably not in the same film that he is introduced in as Bucky. So possibly a third film for that. And it would be cool to have Captain America working with Falcon in there somewhere, but I guess that Falcon and Winter Soldier isn't manditory.
Although having them in one of the movies opens it to sequals staring them, a solo Falcon movie and a solo Winter Soldier movie.

But like I said i would give up showing Winter Soldier and Falcon in the third movie was the Avengers. It could go along with the 3rd Iron Man film being the Avengers like Jon Favero(spelling?) said. Then the two franchises could combine.

So, I think the first film should show Cap in the war for the first few mintues. He is leading his troops, one of them could be "Bucky" Barnes. Maybe even showed in a costume once ot twice but nothing too flashy (Cap should even have his original suit on in the begginning too). And we shouldn't see Bucky die either. He is focussed on as much as Foggy was in Daredevil. Then Cap is frozen and unfrozen in the modern times. As for someonew for him to pal around with so its not just him all alone for the whole film, SHIELD agent Sharon Carter definatly and maybe introduce Sam Wilson (pre Falcon) and also some other SHIELD agents.

then in a sequal, and shown in flashbacks like in the Avengers that Scott Kollins worked on, we see that Bucky was murdered while on a mission with Cap. He sacrafized himself to save everyone and killed Baron Zemo. All this is brought up again by the return of Baron Zemo, who is actually the son of the original Zemo.
That way the whole film is focussed on Cap and his loss. The first film could get too cluttered with the whole origin and waking up in modren times and coming to terms with that.

Bucky can be introduced in the first movie along with Cap. They pretty much go through the entire war together. There's no Cap year 1 followed by Bucky. There's Bucky and Cap. He doesn't need to be "brought in". He can just be another soldier who is assigned to be Cap's partner both because of his skill and as part of the publicity stunt to bring in the younger recruits. He's the one guy you see along Cap's side throughout the movie. Basicly his supporting cast. Without him Cap is just...a guy running around beating the crap out of people. He needs someone to socialize with and show his more human side with.

I say Buck is introduced, developed, and killed off in the same movie. Maybe in the next movie he returns as the Winter Soldier. He becomes to Cap what Lady Deathstrike was to Wolverine in X2 (or Harry is going to be to Peter in Spidey 3). He's actually one villain I really wouldn't mind being redeemed and helping Cap in the end (*cough* Dock Ock*cough*).

If your gonna use Bucky, you must do it in the first movie. Bucky's presence helps to establish how Cap had a life in WWII, instead of shallowly jipping the WWII period. More of an emotional connection to Bucky if he is introduced earlier.

i think just plan one solid film, this doesn't need a trilogy or franchise, just one good solid film!

I sat make one really good Captain America movie, be prepared to not have a sequal, and then be ready for the the movie to do well and for a franchise to happen. (but don't count on it)
Meaning, show him in the past (with Bucky, starting to come around to that idea) and show him in the present. Because what if they make one film totally set in the past, then the public doesn't go for Captain America? Then you have the film sort of left without it being finished.
It would be cool to have him in the past in the first film, frozen at the end, and then the sequal is him in the present. That is an interesting idea. I also like the idea someone posted about having the two timelines runing at the same time and sort of reavling things as it goes and leading to something. Its a different take on the super hero movies.
But I think the studio will do a straight up super hero film. And I think the studio will be hesitant to try something other than the formulaic hero movie and I think they would try to show all of Cap's story from his creation to his unfreezing in the modern times.

I am affraid though that the movie, Captain America movie, will become too jam packed with story like Daredevil.
What with his origin/super soldier serum (and all the explaining of that)
WWII (showing him in battle)
Bucky (his introduction)
Bucky's death
fighting a major villian (their introduction and screen time)
being frozen
being unfrozen (and the expaining of that)
coming to terms with being in the "future"
Sharon Carter (and other supporting characters)
fighting a major villian. (their intro and screen time)

Sounds like too much.
In the comics there was Cap and Bucky, so I have no problem with the movie showing those two working together.
Then Cap is unfrozen in modren times, we never see him frozen and we never see Bucky killed. Later it is explained what happened, right?
So I can see the movie doing that too.
Explaining Bucky's death in a sequal.

I was actually just thinking. There are so many ways to go with this Captain America movie.

-They could have film one be Captain America in WWII. Meaing all about his origin, Bucky, fights Baron Zemo, and maybe even Bucky's death at the hands of Baron Zemo. Then in Film two have him unthaw in the present time.
Or have the sequal be the Avengers movie.

-Or have it be like "EARTH’S MIGHTIEST HEROES", by Joe Casey and Scott Kolins. Where Cap is in WWII, then is frozen, then unfrozen in modern times and has to deal with being out of time and the loss of Bucky as the memories come crawling back to him.

-Have the two timelines running at the same time, with things getting revealed and slowing building up to something.

-Have Cap unfrozen in the present and have flash backs reveal his past (the serum, Bucky, and everything)

I honestly prefer the two timelines running at the same time idea. A Captain America movie can really benefit from that.

Borrowing from Hellboy and The Ultimates though (movie being setup in WWII but not necessarily being based on it) the movie can start off with an old black and white propaganda news reel showing Cap and Bucky leading the Army and basically being cheeseballs and hamming it up about patriotism and such and it could end with Cap posing similar to Uncle Sam's "I want you" and then it slowly turns to color and is revealed to be a poster on the ground and it's then rolled over by a tank, panning out to show the dirty, gritty, almost depressing desctruction that the battle between these two armies are causing and it's all to stop the Red Skull's plan for a missile (borrowing from Ultimate and replacing Baron Zemo here). The rest plays out as you know and later Cap's origin (in the style of the Blade movie) is explained in the form of a breifing or maybe Cap talking to Sharon Carter. OR a flashback. There could be a flashback about his origin and maybe one about a moment with Bucky before the event that caused his death.

I love the idea of the film starting as a semi cheesy, gritty, black and white propaganda film.
Or Maybe its an old news reel, like the ones they used to show during WWII (like they had in Rocketeer),
The old news reel, that they would show before a movie, talks about the war and Captain America leading the troops (along side him is Bucky),
But then it mentions that Captain America suddenly dissapeared during one important mission.

Then it cuts to modern times,
Where some mountain climbers, or scientists, find the frozen body of Captain America.
Then during the movie we learn through things like depreafings, Steve Rogers telling Sharon Carter, and Steve's flashbacks, what really happened back then.
We learn that Steve didn't die like some assumed but had been frozen in a block of ice since 1945. (Maybe we even see that the same mission that ended with Steve frozen also killed Baron Zemo and Cap's sidekick Bucky.)

I like the idea of a news reel because it can be the same as a propaganda film and show his past and explain who he is quickly, and also report his being missing since 1945.

A lot of folks on the board will probably have negative comments about what I'm gonna say...BUT......

A Captain America movie like it looks like they're planning on doing would just be terrible. The reason why: Captain America would be changed from the original comics, as instead of fighting our enemies, hollywood would have him fighting our own "unjust" goverment, thanks to the overwhelming political correctness in hollywood. In reality, if there really was a "Captain America" running around out there now, he'd end up fighting a lot of terrorists, who happen to be Middle Eastern and Muslim. Hollywood, for some reason chooses not to show them in any type of negative light at all now, even though muslim terrorists want us all DEAD.

If it's not Cap fighting the Nazi's, then I won't be seeing it. I'm fed up with hollywood.

God I hope not. This better not be about Cap fighting Al Queda or something or I will be pissed. We've got Hydra, AIM, Neo-Nazis, any of these guys but Al-Queda. :(

God I hope not. This better not be about Cap fighting Al Queda or something or I will be pissed. We've got Hydra, AIM, Neo-Nazis, any of these guys but Al-Queda. :(

Yea, heaven forbid he actually tries to fight people who want us wiped off the face of the earth.

Yeah, I mean the last thing I want is this turning into some propaganda flick with Cap punching Bin Ladin in the face...As much as that's what the character was originally intended for since he literally got into fist fights with Hitler but still...

Yea, heaven forbid he actually tries to fight people who want us wiped off the face of the earth.

Which is why they launched their weapons of mass destruction at us... wait a minute... :whatever: I for one, am not impressed with your naive, if not outright ignorant propaganda.

As for Cap and terrorists, I think the 80s action heroes kinda played terrorists out... as for a whole drawn out pre-frozen intro for cap, I think it's mindnumbingly clear that such an intro is not necessary. The News Reel was an excellent idea, but all this taking five minutes to introduce bucky (Soldier comes up to cap "Hey, I'm Bucky, They assigned me to you) and the villain ("For you see Captain, *I* was the one behind the self desetructing plane all those years ago" Cap: GASP!) It's really just making things more complicated than they need to be...

But, whatever supervillain working with the Nazis finding themselves working with Al Queda, that actually has merit... but not just Al Queda... to pretend America's main goal in attacking Iraq/Afghanistan was to fight terror is too much suspension of belief for me...

Cap fighting terrorists like Bin Laden would be nothing but a stupid, American war propoganda flick (haven't they tryed to brainwash the public enough already?). Cap has a rich history of WWII and villains that could be much better used to make an awesome Cap movie. If the villain of the Captain America movie is anyone but the Red Skull, I will be angry!

i would love, LOVE to see cap kickin' nazi butt, but it would be silly and childish, most superhero movies are about the birth of a character, and the cap A movie should be about his rebirth.

It wouldn't be silly and childish. Is that how you see Indiana Jones? I don't.

I'd think it would actually make for a more adult-oriented plot, with a little darkness and grit.

If they make the war scenes realistic, then it would be great, like Band of Brothers but with Cap!

It wouldn't be silly and childish. Is that how you see Indiana Jones? I don't.

indiana jones has a purpose, not just kicking butt for the sake of america

i really think it'll be the rebirth or the birth of cap, it can't go any other way because you need to introduce the caracter to most of the audience

They can't and wont make the movie super realistic and violent with the war scenes. This is a super hero movie, like Spider-Man, one that will attract thousands of little kids.
It would be unwise for Marvel and whatever studio produces it to make it ultra violent, even though I know war is, because then the children aren't allowed in and no families would see the movie.
It would not be as big or as popular as Spider-Man and it should be.

That is also why showing his birth in the beginning (origin) and then get frozen and then his rebirth (unfrozen) would be better. Because then it limits the war time violence. Although back during the 50s and such (black and white movies) they did war movies without ultra violence that still worked.

You know, you really have a point there.

indiana jones has a purpose, not just kicking butt for the sake of america

i really think it'll be the rebirth or the birth of cap, it can't go any other way because you need to introduce the caracter to most of the audience

That is oversimplifying Cap. Yes, he fights Nazis for America, but that doesn't make him childish and silly. It makes him a soldier.

On to the violence point, I agree the movie shouldn't be ultra-violent. Cap should appeal to a wide audience, and it would be a mistake by Marvel to limit the audience. However, just because WWII is a setting doesn't mean it has to be violent like that (even if the whole movie is set there).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"