Captain America

That is oversimplifying Cap. Yes, he fights Nazis for America, but that doesn't make him childish and silly. It makes him a soldier.

On to the violence point, I agree the movie shouldn't be ultra-violent. Cap should appeal to a wide audience, and it would be a mistake by Marvel to limit the audience. However, just because WWII is a setting doesn't mean it has to be violent like that (even if the whole movie is set there).
i would hate to see cap's shield covered in gore and blood, but there's only one way to kill a nazi, drive a stake through their hearts, chop off their head and cover them in mustard, it's true.

Mmmm....chopped head covered in mustard.

They should have the film take place now. They can have flashbacks to World War 2. What makes Cap such a gret comic is that he is a fish out of water. Things have changed and he is having a hard time adjusting to them. Can you imagine a person frozen in the 1940's awaking today. Things aren't as black and white as they were back then. Could you imagine Captain America's reaction seeing the results of 911 or the war America is fighting over seas. Just my honest opinion.
Also, get rid of the boots.

I don't want a Cap movie with him fighting terrorists. That would be stupid. The Red Skull is the way to go. He provides a link to Cap's past, and we can see the differing perspectives on what the world is today. I don't want to see Cap crying over 9/11 for two hours. That is not what would make an interesting Cap movie.

Similar to Ultimates #1. The beginning can be Captain America in a WWII battle that ends with him being frozen. Then, the rest of the story is present. Captain America is a modern day Don Quixote - a hero defending an older, nobler way of life that modern people don't understand.

I don't want a Cap movie with him fighting terrorists. That would be stupid. The Red Skull is the way to go. He provides a link to Cap's past, and we can see the differing perspectives on what the world is today. I don't want to see Cap crying over 9/11 for two hours. That is not what would make an interesting Cap movie.

I didn't say he would be fighting terroists, although in essence this is what he would be doing because Red Skull is one. You have to have Red Skull, that I agree. However it is in Cap's nature to fight this.
I do like the Ultimate version. I feel this costume would translate better ot he big screen.

Similar to Ultimates #1. The beginning can be Captain America in a WWII battle that ends with him being frozen. Then, the rest of the story is present. Captain America is a modern day Don Quixote - a hero defending an older, nobler way of life that modern people don't understand.

You see, I don't like the Ultimate way of doing it UNLESS we get a bunch of flashbacks. I want to SEE what he came from, not him just be here now and WWII (one of the most essential periods of this character) gets no time dedicated to it. I want to see more of WWII than one beginning scene.

I didn't say he would be fighting terroists, although in essence this is what he would be doing because Red Skull is one. You have to have Red Skull, that I agree. However it is in Cap's nature to fight this.
I do like the Ultimate version. I feel this costume would translate better ot he big screen.

Skull is a terrorist, but not a steriotypical terrorist. I don't want Cap fighting Muslims and whining about 9/11. That is not the Cap movie I want to see.

His Ultimate costume is probably better for the screen, but I'd like to see elements of the classic one put into it also.

Skull is a terrorist, but not a steriotypical terrorist. I don't want Cap fighting Muslims and whining about 9/11. That is not the Cap movie I want to see.

His Ultimate costume is probably better for the screen, but I'd like to see elements of the classic one put into it also.

Cap wouldn't be fighting Muslims as all Muslims are not terrorists. Terroists comes from different walks of life, nationalities, and faiths.

Cap has bigger fish to fry such as the Red Skull and Crossbones. He wouldn't be whining about 9/11...not in his nature. I do feel it needs to be addressed in a tasteful way. You don't have to mention who did it, but realize and have Cap realize a post 9/11 world. In any case, Cap would be pounding the crap out of super villains, not "terrorists".

I agree on the ultimates costume. I think this would translate best to the big screen.

Meh, I prefer Classic Cap.

For the ending they can show him being frozen, that way they can leave room for a Sequel showing him in Modern times. Basically, what
WOLVERINE25TH said. :p

I'd also think Neal McDonough would do a good job as the Cap:
IconsCapAmVariant.jpg
Nealportrait2.jpg

Plus he's already acted in a WWll situation before(Band of Brothers) and did a pretty damn good job, so I think that just about nails it. For the costume, I's have to go with the Ultimate version.

I think they should do a flash back to when Captain fighting the nazis then bring him back from his frozen state to current time.

Cap wouldn't be fighting Muslims as all Muslims are not terrorists. Terroists comes from different walks of life, nationalities, and faiths.

Cap has bigger fish to fry such as the Red Skull and Crossbones. He wouldn't be whining about 9/11...not in his nature. I do feel it needs to be addressed in a tasteful way. You don't have to mention who did it, but realize and have Cap realize a post 9/11 world. In any case, Cap would be pounding the crap out of super villains, not "terrorists".

I agree on the ultimates costume. I think this would translate best to the big screen.

I never said all Muslims were terrorists. They are the stereotypical terrorists now (thanks to Bush). I don't want 9/11 to be focused in the movie. Maybe a brief mention, but not a focus.

i want both.I like ultimate caps style so id like the film to follow him a bit more.I want to see the time change thing and him being frozen and stuff though.

Meh, I prefer Classic Cap.

For the ending they can show him being frozen, that way they can leave room for a Sequel showing him in Modern times. Basically, what
WOLVERINE25TH said. :p

I'd also think Neal McDonough would do a good job as the Cap:
IconsCapAmVariant.jpg
Nealportrait2.jpg

Plus he's already acted in a WWll situation before(Band of Brothers) and did a pretty damn good job, so I think that just about nails it. For the costume, I's have to go with the Ultimate version.

I gotta admit, the resemblance between McDonough and the face of the Cap toy is uncanny. The eyes, the face, the chin; Man, even the hair is exactly the same.

Is he a tad too old for Cap though?, in that I mean would he have the longevity to be the star of a succession of action films.

I don't think he's too old. Look at Downey Jr. I'm actually liking the idea of them being close in age. :up:

I'm starting to warm to the idea of NM. The more I think about it.................

I dunno, I mean, RDJ and Norton both got Oscar noms. :up:

Whoever's Cap should def have that same quality :o

I never said all Muslims were terrorists. They are the stereotypical terrorists now (thanks to Bush). I don't want 9/11 to be focused in the movie. Maybe a brief mention, but not a focus.
I believe I said that about 9/11 in my earlier post. Mention it, but don't focus on it. But also make it a defining moment for Cap. At the same time make it a hero movie free of major political influence.

Have Cap frozen fighting Red Skull. Thaw him out and give him the Ultimate Cap uniform and take on Cross Bones. have flashbacks of WWII scatered thfoughout the movie. Then have Red Skull return and he can take on both. That should be the plot in a nutshell.

I believe I said that about 9/11 in my earlier post. Mention it, but don't focus on it. But also make it a defining moment for Cap. At the same time make it a hero movie free of major political influence.

Have Cap frozen fighting Red Skull. Thaw him out and give him the Ultimate Cap uniform and take on Cross Bones. have flashbacks of WWII scatered thfoughout the movie. Then have Red Skull return and he can take on both. That should be the plot in a nutshell.

wwII, that's the best way to introduce him, and that's also staying true to the comic. also the political climate in the us is not pretty good at the moment to make a cap movie in the present time. i have a feeling the director and the studio would over patrionise the movie too much.

WWII is the only way to Introduce Captain America. I would hate anything else. In fact, I'm not even a fan of modern America. If they get a great director, cast & crew, and place this film in WWII time period, it has the possibility of becoming the first comic book film to be recognized by the Academy for major awards.

If only Steven Spielberg would do this film...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"