Chapter 45 - The Eclipse, Pt. 2 - Discussion Thread 12/02/08

Wow that Eclipse lasted hours

At least the one in the first season... only lasted a minute or two and with only minor ignoring of the actual science... although the whole time zone thing was still horribly iffy.

At least the one in the first season... only lasted a minute or two and with only minor ignoring of the actual science... although the whole time zone thing was still horribly iffy.

Iffi? It was seen, AT THE SAME TIME, in Nikkitown AND Japan. So, I guess that one also laster for hours as well.

It would suck if Elle died, but unfortunately...
819618fdh4.jpg

Although Elle is one my favorite characters, i can't even be sad about her death. They turned her into a whole other character. I know Elle was crazy but she still had brains. Now she's all like: "Hey Sylar, you killed my dad. I am so totally angry! But you know what? You did me a favour so it's only logical that we have sex now, while we know that HRG is coming back to kill us."

Plus the stupidity of that scene where Sylar kills her is just too hilarious. IT MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:huh:

Iffi? It was seen, AT THE SAME TIME, in Nikkitown AND Japan. So, I guess that one also laster for hours as well.

Well yeah, the time zones downright sucked in the first season... but then again. No one wants to watch Hiro sleep for hours until he wakes up while it is night in the other stories and then see the eclipse when he was supposed to.

The big thing they got correct though... it was a total eclipse EVERYWHERE. And apparently that changed after two seasons.

the longest eclipse ever was nearly 2 hours
just FYI

The thing with the whole 'eclipse making their powers' thing... I don't buy it. We've SEEN flashbacks of Claire when she was younger where she cut herself on a dresser and her hand healed completely by the next day-- meaning her powers were developing. :whatever:

developing but not developed.
the fact that the eclipse blocks powers sort of lends it self to the idea that the end of the last eclipse made people who had powers, some dormant, others growing inside without anyone knowing about them, manifest for the first time.
It's like if you step on a trickling hose and let the water build up and then let go and the water rushes out like a fire hose.
Man, now I have to pee!
anyway, just playing devil's advocate, I didn't understand their lack of reasoning behind the whole eclipse thing either.

Also how come everyone now has the ability to stare right at an Eclipse without wearing shades???

Actually, you CAN do that. Just not for too long. You couldn't even do it if you tried. I can look directly at the sun cause I have Transition Lenses. And I didn't even knew that Transition Lenses allowed me to do that.

Hope tonight's better....hope....it's almost lost......hehe

Got to had it to Heroes. There is a new episode to whine about tonight & people are still whining about last weeks

Awesome

:woot:

Hiro's mother can heal yet she couldnt heal herself.

LMAO at Claire and Hiro talking right now

Oh no, my poor Elle is dead. Hate that Sylar

From Beeman's blog:
http://gregbeeman.blogspot.com/

Notably, there was a final shot Jeannot designed for this scene that ended up being cut out. It was a huge crane shot that swooped away as Sylar stood over Elle’s burning body. (See pix below) I remember the script read: “Sylar stands on her burning body. A tinge of remorse. Giving Elle far more respect than any of his previous victims.” Anyway, the shot was very dramatic and I found it very haunting, almost beautiful. But the network standards and practices people and even Tim Kring thought it was too disturbing. So we cut it - and ended up playing the scene on a simple close up Sylar. This works too. I don’t know, maybe America’s not ready for full-on immolation. I like weird disturbing stuff sometimes. I remember reading that one of the techniques of the Hindu and Buddhist priests in India is to go to the pyres where bodies are being burned and meditate upon them. These novices sit for days this way. The idea is that in fully experiencing death in this way they learn to accept their own mortality and hold a looser grip upon life... But, whoa... I digress.

I'd have loved to see that whole scene as it was intended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"