Chapter 45 - The Eclipse, Pt. 2 - Discussion Thread 12/02/08

it was a great show now it's a confusing show Sylar kills Elle just for the sake of being evil not for any powers since he already has them!

Last edited:
While I'm at it, I'm going to start a Maya Appreciation thread. Seriously, I really wish they would make her more of a regular. Of all the people she had to group with Mohinder...lol

Very, very dissapointed in the show anymore. It's gotten to that point. The Sylar flip/flop/flip is getting beyond redemption. Why did he do that to Elle again? Gah!!!

The butchering of continuity is getting screwed up as well.

I'll call it right now that Elle is not dead.

i just looked up the list of guest stars for the next episode and Kristen Bell is listed so maybe she does live

The Sylar flip/flop/flip is getting beyond redemption. Why did he do that to Elle again? Gah!!!

Really? I honestly think it's the most compelling storyline the show has had since the first season.

The last three or four episodes have really redeemed my faith in the show.

Dunno if its been posted but is it just me or did the Eclipse taking powers away do absolutely nothing for the story? Noting changed. Peter didint even get his powers back.

Also...I dont quite remember, didint Sylar stop cutting Elle's head open? Or did the scene end with him still going? She better not be dead

At first I was open minded about this season but now I'm starting to swing to the majority of the people on this board's side :(.

I really hope the season picks up next episode and goes back to it's Season One glory but that doesn't seem to be happening to soon.

Dunno if its been posted but is it just me or did the Eclipse taking powers away do absolutely nothing for the story? Noting changed. Peter didint even get his powers back.

Also...I dont quite remember, didint Sylar stop cutting Elle's head open? Or did the scene end with him still going? She better not be dead

Yeah that's what i was thinking. The eclipse didn't do anything. What was Arthur so afraid of? That he was vulnerable for a couple of hours?

I think you all are assuming that the Heroes and Villaisn knew the loss of powers would only be temporary.

It's quite possible that Arthur and the others didn't know the loss would only last as long as the eclipse. Thus the fear.

To those who say the eclipse had no effect and provided nothing, I say that is your opinion and it is wrong. We got to see sides of many of the characters that we had not seen before. For me, that was worth the eclipse.

Meh, i didn't see any new sides of the characters. I only saw a new side of Daphne.

I can understand that Arthur as a character might make a big deal out of the eclipse but i just don't get it from a story telling point of view. They hyped this up to have a major impact on the heroes but little has changed because of the eclipse.

While I'm at it, I'm going to start a Maya Appreciation thread. Seriously, I really wish they would make her more of a regular. Of all the people she had to group with Mohinder...lol

She should have got paired up with Sylar. At least Crya would end up dying

Really? I honestly think it's the most compelling storyline the show has had since the first season.

The last three or four episodes have really redeemed my faith in the show.

It'd be more compelling if it made sense.

But the last few eps did get something right. The storytelling is still illogical and inconsistent, but its either the pacing or something that allows the episodes to be more exciting. They started mixing up the cliques a little bit, which is very good.

well that's depressing. and here I was believing people still liked the show. I'm terribly sorry. I guess us 'Fanboys' should go underground now to talk about what 'real fans' we are to the show.

Don't be sorry. We still like the show, we just also know that it is illogical, plot hole ridden and dumbed down beyond belief. If you can't handle this concept, of liking something even though it is not half as good as it used to be, then maybe you don't need to be in a place where perceptive people can share their opinions.

But if all you need is a space to talk about how much you like the show with others who like the show, start a Heroes Appreciation Thread. There was one around here, but I guess people stopped using it. Feel free to revive that one. I don't think anyone is going to come in and rain on your parade if you keep things positive, and leave all that talk about "real fans" and jabs at people who don't agree with you.

But, honestly, you're getting off easy. Back from Episode 2 of Season 2, I knew Heroes was going down, and I knew why. I knew the show was breaking its own continuity, and that it was no longer all thought out. And I said it, often, clearly, with proof. I was lambasted, personally, there were dozens of individuals just like you who told me I wasn't a "real fan" and that I should "just stop watching" and etc.

And now here we are. Fans, being more loyal to the show than logic, have supported this madness. I have been one of them, as I have been along for the whole ride. And let me tell you... I'm probably going to be here to stay. Yes, I talk a lot of mess about "If they don't change this, I'm leaving" but the first Season of Heroes captured my heart and imagination completely. It was the show I would have made, if I could make a show. It was, save for an anticlimactic final battle, perfect, in my eyes.

And even though what we have now is a pale imitation of that kind of well thought out narrative, I still believe in Hiro Nakamura, I still see a bit of myself in Peter, somehow. I still think Claire is kinda cute. I still am scared of Sylar. I want to know how low Angela will sink, how these characters are connected in different ways, what the source of their powers is, how their powers work, and what limits they have. More than anything, I want to see what is going on in the rest of the world since people all over the world have been developing powers. I still have my Godsend/Helix necklace, Haitian-style, I still have the Heroes calendar up, I still roleplay Heroes on message board RPGs, I still am plotting Heroes fanfiction, I'm still thinking about purchasing a Hiro/Takezo-style sword, and more stuff I probably don't think about.

In short, I'm still interested, because the first season was just plain old that good to me. I could probably endure 2 more volumes of plot-hole ridden, unplanned, nigh-storylineless Heroes before actually giving up.

But I'm tired of ranting, now. I just wanted it to be clear that I am as real a fan as you can get, even though I know this show is not very good nowadays. No one is a greater fan than I because they think it's the greatest show on earth. If you are actually more INTO Heroes than me, fine, but if all you have to show your fanship is your approval of the show, I laugh at you.

Laugh.

Last edited:
claire wanted to feel some pain...she got her wish..lol. Sylar...damn dude!

I though this was an awsome epsiode, you saw how the heroes would have to be heroes when there powers where gone, witch is something peter was all ready trying to do but you go to see it with the rest of them.

the Comic Book Store was Just Funny, Comic Book Guy (Best Day Ever)
"That Was Matt Parkmen!" Comics Nerd.
"I'M Matt Parkmen" comic book guy.

You saw just how powerful Mr. Bennit became when no one has any power, the dude is has Scary has Syler.

You Saw The Fear of both heroes and villians were were scared of loseing there powers forever. They didn't know there powers were going to come back after the eclispe, except the comic book nerds with Hiro and Ando who found it in 9th wonders.

I'm sry but I like Confusing in a show, confusing is good, that when the show make you think, that when things start to get intresting. You never know who is good or who is evil, because they keep change sides for different reasons always trying to do what they think is right regardless of logic, in real life people arn't logical. I think the elicipse gave us a much deeper look at the charicters of Daphne, Nathan, Peter, and Arthor, Syler, Mr. Bennit, and Claire, It really didn't do much for Hiro or Matt, but Heroes getting Clarie at the end was awsome.

I also like how Issiac give that comic to the messenger in the frist season has be come a legend in this one with the comic book nerds. I can't wait to see them track the last 9th wonders comic down, espically since it's one of a kind in the world.

Meh, i didn't see any new sides of the characters. I only saw a new side of Daphne.

I can understand that Arthur as a character might make a big deal out of the eclipse but i just don't get it from a story telling point of view. They hyped this up to have a major impact on the heroes but little has changed because of the eclipse.
Yeah. Imagine these last two episodes with powers...nothing would of changed other than Daphne's condition and Claire feeling pain.

I feel like Sylar has no direction, like they writers don't know what to do with him anymore, he's like a puppy going from one owner to another, being manipulated because of his lack of love?! I don't know, that's what I feel.

I'm still mourning Elle, I can't believe she's gone.

I'm sry but I like Confusing in a show, confusing is good, that when the show make you think, that when things start to get intresting. You never know who is good or who is evil, because they keep change sides for different reasons always trying to do what they think is right regardless of logic, in real life people arn't logical. I think the elicipse gave us a much deeper look at the charicters of Daphne, Nathan, Peter, and Arthor, Syler, Mr. Bennit, and Claire, It really didn't do much for Hiro or Matt, but Heroes getting Clarie at the end was awsome.

This is a lot of why I liked the first Season so much. It was intricate, and confusing at first glance, but when you gave it some thought and research, it all made perfect beautiful sense. I can't say that for this season, nor can I say that I've gotten a deeper look at anyone this season. There is no depth, here for me... at least, not any more than I can find on a cartoon like Teen Titans, or Avatar the Last Airbender. Sometimes less so.

Real life people are logical, they just have different values than I do, values that don't change from week to week. They make perfect logical sense if you allow yourself to think like they do. This is no longer possible with the inconsistent characters on this show.

But I will say this, seeing Hiro FINALLY cut loose and insta-solve a problem was quite, quite refreshing. He popped in and said "Bad Man." While everyone was still in shock. It was great.

I have a question. Wasnt Isaac the one that drew the original comics that Hiro reads? Who's been doing them now that he's dead?

Mr. African Isaac. Or Papatrelli. Or anyone else who ate that Isaac-making dung soup. They all end up drawing up like Tim Sale anyway.

BTW, I guess that Horny Glasses
was right all the time for all of his attempts to kill Sylar.

Wow, Issac drew all that, why was he so worried in season one about the city blowing up? He was drawing 2 seasons ahead.

That guy created black holes. Heroes' writers create plot holes. Nothing wrong about that. Lol.

"You know what bothers me? And not just on Heroes. The way on every TV show or movie, a sniper is thwarted due to laser sight". Is is very simple, my friend. Laser sights are not for aiming, they're just for intimidation. This cliché of snipers thwarted due to laser sights was created by TV shows. In reality, it was made with the intention to make a person drop its gun as soon as the person realizes that someone is going to kill him/her. THAT's the original idea.

Also, laser sights look cool in night scenes. Another cliché borne out of the movies, just like holding guns sideways.

It would suck if Elle died, but unfortunately...
819618fdh4.jpg

He kept cutting but they cut away from it and faded to black.

Ofcourse me being the spoiler****e have seen why they included KB in the next episode, but atleast she still got paid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"