Chapter 67 - Once Upon A Time In Texas - 11/02/09

I've only seen Season 1 and what we have of Season 4. Since I've heard Season 2 and Season 3 are pretty bad, I really have no intention of watching them as of right now (so I don't care about spoilers). Did Mohinder do anything in particular to get all of this hate or did he just become poorly written or am I in the minority for liking him in the first season?

I think most people liked or at least tolerated Mohinder in Season 1. In Season 2 they didn't have much of a direction for his character but Season 3 is really where his character took a nose dive. In the first half he had this lame subplot where he took this bad super power serum and basically became an evil Spider-Man. In the second half all he did was get captured over and over again by the government. The main problem with Mohinder is that they really didn't know what to do with him so all he did was eat up screentime and annoy people.

I think most people liked or at least tolerated Mohinder in Season 1. In Season 2 they didn't have much of a direction for his character but Season 3 is really where his character took a nose dive. In the first half he had this lame subplot where he took this bad super power serum and basically became an evil Spider-Man. In the second half all he did was get captured over and over again by the government. The main problem with Mohinder is that they really didn't know what to do with him so all he did was eat up screentime and annoy people.

I can understand that. The main characters (Mohinder, Parkman, Claire, Noah, Nathan, Peter, Hiro, Ando, Nikki, D.L., Micah, Sylar, ect.) were created for the plot of the first season. I wouldn't be surprised if Tim Kring hadn't thought very far past the first season. When this show and these characters became popular, he had to start thinking of stories and he had to start thinking of stories that included all these popular characters, regardless of how loose the connections are.

It's not surprising that some of these characters became annoying when it seemed like they were being forced into the show when their story really didn't do anything for the overall plot.

Oh god not Mohinder. I was enjoying the episode until they showed him. And another thing..i get that they're trying to be more intimate with the characters this season but why do we have to have a heartfelt "daddy-daughter" moment between Claire and Noah EVERY episode?? Its getting kinda annoying.

Yeah, it's on IMDB's front page with picture and everythang. Pasdar let go from Heroes.

Yeah, it's on IMDB's front page with picture and everythang. Pasdar let go from Heroes.
So, that was the "Shocking" cast member leaving. He's been dead. Of course hes going to be let go.

I doubt that was the shocking cast member leaving. I'm surprised people are even making a big deal about it. They didn't get the hint that the writing was on the wall when Nathan got his throat slit last season?

I have to wait to catch this online but Nathan can't be the so called shocking death and if he is that's just lame . Mohinder was a good character but he was written poorly in season 2 and 3 so i no longer care for the charater. He was also one of my favorite characters in the first season .

I have to wait to catch this online but Nathan can't be the so called shocking death and if he is that's just lame . Mohinder was a good character but he was written poorly in season 2 and 3 so i no longer care for the charater. He was also one of my favorite characters in the first season .

It's still lame because it was such an undignified send off.

It's still lame because it was such an undignified send off.

Nathans been killed like 5 times , lol. All the deaths on this show seem to happen suddenly and at the wrong moments.

Mohinder was a good character but he was written poorly in season 2 and 3 so i no longer care for the charater. He was also one of my favorite characters in the first season .

I feel the same way, but the fact that most of the other characters have been written better this season kind of makes me want to see what they do with Mohinder. They avoided putting Mohinder in until now so they probably have some kind of plan for him this time around and aren't putting him in just for the sake of putting him in.

This season has seemed to flow cohesively and I hope they restore him as an interesting character.

i get that they're trying to be more intimate with the characters this season but why do we have to have a heartfelt "daddy-daughter" moment between Claire and Noah EVERY episode?? Its getting kinda annoying.

I was like can't they go one episode without the damn cheerleader when I saw that. Every charcter seems to miss a few episodes but it seems like she can't miss 1 damn episode.

why didnt hiro just, ya kno take Charlie to peter who was planning on healing Hiro anyway? god these writers are moronic.

I was almost thinking that my self, but,...
then thought, about how Hiro is still having trouble controlling his time travel
an about effects on the time space continue'em, bringing someone from the past, whose suppose to be dead, into the future to be healed, I could see maybe effecting that

Last edited:
ya but thats what the earth bender dude and his old time traveler friend did anyway. they took her and teleported her somewhere in time. plus hiro already changed a ton by telling sylar all that junk about how hes gonna get teamed up on. they pretty much assured the viewer that messing with space and time doesn't do that much to jeopardize the world lol

I like Masi and Jayma so this episode was pretty good. The only thing that bugged me was the Noah story. The show keep's going back to Noah's devotion to his family, so to see him possibly cheating on his wife rubbed me the wrong way. I also wished that Elisabeth Rohm had been put to better use.

I was like can't they go one episode without the damn cheerleader when I saw that. Every charcter seems to miss a few episodes but it seems like she can't miss 1 damn episode.

To be fair this episode referenced events from the first season pretty heavily, and the first season's slogan was "Save the cheerleader. Save the world." It would have been slightly odd to not have Claire somewhere in the episode when both of those plot lines centered around her.

Most people here do complain too much. I loved the ep, and think this might be another event that makes Hiro badass again.

And poo Matt is off my ignore list now.

I was almost thinking that my self, but,...
then thought, about how Hiro is still having trouble controlling his time travel
an about effects on the time space continue'em, bringing someone from the past, whose suppose to be dead, into the future to be healed, I could see maybe effecting that

I think the main thing was Hiro controlling not properly controlling his time travel. He randomly went back to Charlie and it was with Samuel's help that he went back to the present.

why didnt hiro just, ya kno take Charlie to peter who was planning on healing Hiro anyway? god these writers are moronic.

I was thinking the same thing. Also, isn't Hiro still sick? He was getting sick everytime he used his powers. Yet, he went back in time and was using them up a storm and only got a slight headache. Now, he is with the carny's and still hasn't been healed.

Also, I hope we see Elisabeth Rohm's character again. If not, her appearance added nothing to the story. Except to show that Noah loves his family.

Sylar is central to the Charlie plot. What are you talking about?

Also, I think it will be a pretty big cop-out if Mohinder is the male lead that dies this season, seeing as his first appearance this season has been as a corpse.
Sylar is central to everyone's plot:dry:

Hiro could have moved Sylar and been done with it. But no, Sylar eats up half the show.

Lastly, the show ****ed up once again with time travel. Hiro saving Charlie would change the future no matter what. Why? Because Hiro's motivation against Sylar was due to him killing Charlie. Now, Sylar didn't kill Charlie. That would change everything that Hiro is about.

^^But now Charlie's gone, to some random time.

Past Hiro would assume she was still killed when he came back and she wasn't there...

ps. I loved "Save the cheerleader, save the..." "The Cheerleader will be fine!" lol... however, I think THAT would be the part that would screw up history...

Then if past Hiro assumed she was still dead, then future Hiro would think she is dead because they are one in the same. Why would anyone think someone is dead if there is no body, no blood, or any evidence what-so-ever? The photo was changing in Hiro's hand, his memories should change too. I bet we don't even see past Hiro again this season.

The time travel on Heroes has NEVER made sense. EVER. Even in Season 1. The Charlie scenario is a good example of a glaring Season 1 hole seeing as Ando wasn't affected by Hiro going back in time to save Charlie the first time. He remembered everything as it originally happened, when Hiro and him entered the bar and no one there knew who Hiro was. The timeline should have been changed so when Hiro entered that place later everyone would know him. Of course, that would have made that whole scenario play out differently. They talk about the butterfly effect but they had plenty of instances where one minor detail was changed and it affected only that one detail, not touching anything else. Even something like Charlie knowing Hiro might have drastically changed things.

You have to accept that time travel will never make sense on this show and you have to accept that time travel will always be present because one of the most iconic cast members is a time traveler. It's annoying, but it's Heroes. Hiro's entire existence on the show is one gigantic plot hole and you can't avoid it. Hiro can go back in time and slice up Season 1 Sylar or bed-ridden Arthur and end the plot of each season before it begins. And there really is no reason him not to despite the show's plot always trying to convince Hiro that changing time is bad. The whole point of Season 1-3 was changing the past to avoid a horrible future. It's funny how people keep pointing out that Hiro should know by now not to mess up time when even future badass Hiro was trying to do that in Season 1.

Last edited:
It's either amend the canon to make it work and explain accordingly, or tighten up the writing so that there aren't any problems. They are doing neither.

Lol, the problem is time travel in general just doesnt make any sense. Time is such a complicated subject matter yet so many writers love to mess with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"