Chapter 67 - Once Upon A Time In Texas - 11/02/09

It's either amend the canon to make it work and explain accordingly, or tighten up the writing so that there aren't any problems. They are doing neither.

The point is they couldn't even do that in Season 1, the prime of the show. And after Seasons 2 and 3 the whole concept is such a jumbled mess that I don't think it's humanly possible for it to make sense. They contradicted any rules they established over and over again.

I did find issues with the recent episode but at this point I just accept it. I just follow whatever time travel rules are being made up and just enjoy the story. It may seem like I'm excusing bad writing, but this is also the case for 99% of all time travel stories. I love the James Cameron Terminator films but the time travel in those movies doesn't make a lick of sense either. The first film set up a circular timeline while the second one contradicted that. I try not to think about it too much.

Most fiction can't do time travel right and the time traveling in Heroes was poorly planned out from the start. I like to just imagine it as comic book time travel because it's more for the sake of setting up scenarios and moving the plot along then as a fully developed concept on it's own. It's not like LOST time travel.

Last edited:
I think this was the worst episode of this season so far.

Seriously, why the F is Hiro so ******ed? He knows he couldn't save Charlie 3 years ago, why would it be any different now? And didn't he learn not to mess with the past when he screwed up Takezo Kensei's storyline?

Out of blue Charlie is Hiro's one true love and he can't stand to be without her for even a second. He never mentions her for 2 whole years but all of a sudden she's his MJ.

What was the point of HRG is this episode? I hoped he actually was going to boink that woman. That would have been at least mildly amusing.

Horrile episode, just when this season was starting to get good too. I hope Hiro dies, i truly do. I would rather see a whole episode about Claire than Hiro at this point :o

This show is too inconsistent...I rushed home to watch this. Does Hayden look less attractive than in the past to anyone?

Are you kidding? Hayden in that cheerleader outfit is pure gold.

I think the major problems with this was that the carnies needed to get Hiro to help them by sorting out something 6 weeks or months ago. and they used their own time traveller to help with that. rather than just using their own time traveller to sort the mess out in the first place.

so it's not even logical that they would make Hiro change his past which has ramifications in everything that's already happen in the show.

It's Samuel that needs to have something from his past fixed, not the carnies. He needs Hiro to do it because he said it himself that he doesn't want anyone in his family to figure out what he has done. Hiro even asked Samuel himself why he didn't just use Arnold in the episode so I don't get why people missed the part where Samuel said it's because he doesn't want the rest of the carnival to find out about his transgressions.

Last edited:
Was that a Quantum Leap reference when Hiro said "Oh boy" right before the credits?:D

glad to see Hiro get pissed off for a change,

"WHEH IE CHA'LIE!!!"

I don't know what people are complaining about . I thought it was a fantastic episode.

I think the major problems with this was that the carnies needed to get Hiro to help them by sorting out something 6 weeks or months ago. and they used their own time traveller to help with that. rather than just using their own time traveller to sort the mess out in the first place.

so it's not even logical that they would make Hiro change his past which has ramifications in everything that's already happen in the show.
Yeah, that too:o

Made their dying time traveller send Samuel into the past, bring him back to the present with Hiro, and send Charlie off some where. But, he couldn't just correct the Mohinder mistake???

there are plenty of movies that do a good job of dealing with time travel. Just these writers arent very talented and don't think things out. a small budget movie called Primer did a good job with it, even ashton kutcher's butterfly effect did a good job.

I enjoyed this episode. The fact that the show had a reference to the greatest game of all time, Chrono trigger, made it ten times better for me.

Made their dying time traveller send Samuel into the past, bring him back to the present with Hiro, and send Charlie off some where. But, he couldn't just correct the Mohinder mistake???

Hiro asked him that same question in the episode and Samuel said he didn't want Arnold doing it because he didn't want anyone in his family finding out what he had done.

I don't know what people are complaining about . I thought it was a fantastic episode.

I didn't think it was as fantastic as the last three or so episodes but it was still pretty good. Especially for a recent Hiro-centric episode. I kind of figured it would get a lot of hate because of the concept and because it involved time travel. I liked it better then I thought I would though.

Last edited:
there are plenty of movies that do a good job of dealing with time travel. Just these writers arent very talented and don't think things out. a small budget movie called Primer did a good job with it, even ashton kutcher's butterfly effect did a good job.
No. I got pissed when he went back in time and impaled his hands on those paper holders and the guy in the cell saw them appear and freaked out. Well, he would have went into jail with those on his hand. Same thing with Frequency...and I enjoyed Frequency.

There have been a few good time travel shows and books written that don't throw common sense into the wind.

Loved seeing Isaac again. Haven't watched S1 in a while, but I'm wondering if they reshot that scene with him and Bennet or if it was just recycled footage.

Loved seeing Isaac again. Haven't watched S1 in a while, but I'm wondering if they reshot that scene with him and Bennet or if it was just recycled footage.

i'm thinking it was recycled because it was identical to season1... i imagine they would have had to contract the actors for Isaac and Eden if it was a reshoot. thats money they dont need to spend.

I don't remember seeing Eden (but then again, if she was there it was for but a moment). Still though, it was nice to see him again, if only from recycled footage.

true true...ya eden showed up for a sec. I was happy to see her... she is one of the many interesting female characters they have introduced only to kill off. along with Charlie (well not anymore), Elle, Daphne, & Meredith. :(

Samuel explained to Hiro why he didn't fix that mistake and it was because he didn't want the carnie folk to know what he had done. All the carnies just think Sam's traveler is dying and he is trying to recruit Hiro. Samuel also suggests he will lose his following if they find out what he did.

My guess is that Mohinder was being sought out by Samuel to heal the carnival's time traveler. The writers love using Mohinder as their recurring scientist on this show. It might also explain the interest in Claire. Or was that stated earlier and I just missed it?

I think it might be something more serious then that. It has to be something that would make the rest of the Carnival hate Samuel if they found out about it.

I'm guessing it might have something to do with Joseph and maybe his death.

I enjoyed the episode but i think you could replace HRG's story with a Peter story seeing as he is on his way to Odessa that night.

Was that a Quantum Leap reference when Hiro said "Oh boy" right before the credits?:D

Yes..I believe it was.

On a side note. Time continuum be damned. If I was Hiro. I would have killed Sylar. I think the benefits outweigh the possible negatives.

^i think it is less about the continuum and more about "honor" for Hiro. he gave his word and must honor it, even to a villian.

i personally would have said F the continuum and F honor and teleported sylar to the bottom of the marianas trench after he healed charlie :)

Yes..I believe it was.

On a side note. Time continuum be damned. If I was Hiro. I would have killed Sylar. I think the benefits outweigh the possible negatives.

^i think it is less about the continuum and more about "honor" for Hiro. he gave his word and must honor it, even to a villian.

i personally would have said F the continuum and F honor and teleported sylar to the bottom of the marianas trench after he healed charlie :)

wait.. i take it back. If Hiro had killed Sylar, New York would have been destroyed.:doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"