Chapter 8: "Four Months Ago" Discussion 11/12/07

i think that these main aspects are merely plot holes and we're loooking to far into them. the writers i think are intending these things for the simple minded viewers like myself... :)

you may be right:o

Also I'm wondering if Jessica killed DL.:(

Well Elle is HOT!!!!!!!!! and Peter is a Playa :woot:

Im still cringing over the fact that Peter left his irish girlfriend in the future, i'd be so piss if that happen, especially the way the future that has turned out in that time period.

also, and this is my personal opinion here, i think that the only reason the word "immortal" even came up was because when Adam realized that he could "heal from any wound", the word "regenerate" would not have even occured to him. it's just because living in the late 1600's (especially in Japan), there would be a lot more of a religious/superstitious frame of mind, rather than scientific. this mainly starts to change once Darwin and the Industrial Revolution come into the picture about 200 years later. therefore of course he would say, "So, I'm immortal?" rather than, "Fascinating! My cells spontaneously regenerate." And I'm sure that it didn't help that Hiro used the word "power" rather than "ability" or something similar. Betcha $10 that in 2007, at some point, Adam will refer to his power as regeneration or something along those lines.

imo.

also, and this is my personal opinion here, i think that the only reason the word "immortal" even came up was because when Adam realized that he could "heal from any wound" the word "regenerate" would not have even occured to him. it's just because living in the late 1600's (especially in Japan), there would be a lot more of a religious/superstitious frame of mind, rather than scientific. this mainly starts to change once Darwin and the Industrial Revolution come into the picture about 200 years later. therefore of course he would say, "So, I'm immortal?" rather than, "Fascinating! My cells spontaneously regenerate." And I'm sure that it didn't help that Hiro used the word "power" rather than "ability" or something similar. Betcha $10 that in 2007, at some point, Adam will refer to his power as regeneration or something along those lines.

imo.

Out of all the arguments I've read about who's "immortal" and who can "regenerate" blah blah blah...this is the best logical point out of all of them lol

Out of all the arguments I've read about who's "immortal" and who can "regenerate" blah blah blah...this is the best logical point out of all of them lol
Well, thank you very much, my friend. :)

I would say he isn't immortal but his ability of regeneration would prevent his body and organs from ageing, therefore in a sense he wouldn't be able to die. Hell scientists today don't even know exactly what causes ageing and death, just that it has something to do with our cells losing thier ability to divide. But if cells were constantly regenrating, meaning new cells are created they would always be able to divide. A brand new cell, would start it's cellular life over.

Haha, Duh.

I dont know why people get so hung up on these words like Invulnerable and immortal when they obviously don't apply.

Claire is not invulnerable. Superman is invulnerable, bullets bounce off of him. Bullets go inside Claire and hurt her. Likewise, Kensei isn't immortal. I'm willing to bet if you place his ass inside a blender and poured the slush like remains in the ocean he wouldn't be coming back. Furthermore, I think his cells just slow down the aging process much like Wolverine.

Otacon®;13183233 said:
Huge spoilers about Adam
Are you sure you want to read this?
Kay [blackout] Adam is immortal and can not die from any wound at all, not even by destroying his brain, according to the spoilers from the person named the 'Insider', she has told us already that from the scripts for the upcoming episodes that it was said to explain that Adam can not be killed in any way and that they will have to hold him in a jail.[/blackout]

So we'll probably be seeing that in the next episode.

-Æ-;13186748 said:
Im still cringing over the fact that Peter left his irish girlfriend in the future, i'd be so piss if that happen, especially the way the future that has turned out in that time period.

I know. Caitlin was really growing on me.

Ahh, but what happens if they change that future? There would be no outbreak. Will she be there? If that future breaks away and continues, will she be lost forever to that timeline? If not, I can see Peter going back for her after this crisis is resolved. It will be interesting to see how the writers work that out.

So i guess it's safe to say that Elle is Bob's daughter.

yeah, but I'm not so sure they're related biologically.

Originally posted by Whiskey Tango

Hana's Blog: Video of NY explosion (spoilerish)

Whoosh! Boom!

:eek:

From here.

Looks like Nathan was the bright light that fell and Peter Caught him before he fell into The Ocean

He can heal himself & he is immortal. Eat your heart out Sylar :o

Peter hasnt met Maya and Alejandro. Sylar could take both their powers..which we dont know the full extent of...but im guessing the creators are going to try to balance Peter/Sylar out somehow.

-Æ-;13186748 said:

Oh that bothered me as well and I think Peter is going to do anything he can to get her back and stop that future.
My guess is he asks Hiro to help him after there confrontation as he cannot control the power as well as Hiro can at this point.

He's immortal because of his power of regeneration. Immortality isn't his power, just the result of it. And Peter already has that power.
Claire isn't immortal, and regenerative power doesn't explain lack of aging.

-Æ-;13181552 said:
as it is known regeneration does not lead to age slow down, it has been proven that Claire has had her power since she was a baby because her mother had thought she had died in the fire she started, but didn't because she regenerated. The only thing that can contest this theory is that if she reaches a certain age and her cell regeneration stops her from aging completely
i don't agree with that. her power was never proven to be the cause of her survival, even if her mother thought she had died. if she had the ability since birth, and if it had already manifested, then she would've been turned over to the company immediately instead of bennett. also, she would have been aware of her ability as a child and not just discovered it when she was 16.

Her abilities manifested yes, but that conversation did take place with her birth mother in that episode, because she believed that she had died in the fire she started, and Claire said to her she believes how she survived and cut herself to let herself regen infront of her mother. Then her mother makes some comment about "Some family" (need to check that quote) and she conjures flames from her hand showing Claire her ability.
that wasn't proof, it was a theory by Claire and just a device to reveal her ability to Meredith. Claire has no idea how she survived.

So we'll probably be seeing that in the next episode.

For some reason that feels very cheap to me. Its like a way to automatically keep the character in play no matter what happens. Even if they defeat him this season and lock him up, a couple years down the road, the writers back themselves into a corner and bam! He's back. I mean, they already didn't have the balls to kill off Sylar. Now this too?

I have lots of questions on my mind. First question, is DL really dead?

Answer: Maybe or maybe not, remember this show always has twist and turns of the show. When they say "ultimate sacfrice", it might not mean death. It mght mean that he might of run to make sure that the family stay safe from the Linderman killing backlash, sure to happen when DL killed him. In the graphic novel, we dont see a dead body of DL at all, its just Hana told Micah about via brainwave patterns in the computer. Or he might be dead, too bad he had a better story than the twins.

Second question, Does Monica Dawson is only one in the family who has powers?

Answer: We are not sure yet, but you have to think about her mother dying in Hurricane Katrina, that was known in episode 2.3. Maybe just maybe the mother had kinda like the X-Men Storm's power and couldnt control it and thats why she died. The grandmother played by Star Trek's Nichelle Nichols, is a wise lady and might have a power, and the grandson, it might skip a generation or might not, this show has more questions to answer about the family members.

Third question: Is West related to certain flying man, and does his kid will get powers too.

Answer: No, ever though West can fly, but he cant fly at supersonic speed like Nathan. He might be related to another, I wouldnt be suprised if he was related to Sylar, we never saw his mother have any powers in episode 1.18, so that begs the questions, what happen to his father, was he one of the 12 in picture. To answer the second question, there is no sign of powers in any of the nathans kids yet, but the wife is human and father has powers begs the question, does kids get powers if the parents both have powers or not.

Well this AcPlanethulk, with my questions of the week. If you have any questions that you want me to answers to best of my "ABILITES", please drop me a line. :cwink:

^ either you're really bad at english or really bad at typing... :oldrazz:

I have a question: why do people incorrectly say "begs the question" when they mean "raises the question"?

sorry, couldn't resist.

Answer: We are not sure yet, but you have to think about her mother dying in Hurricane Katrina, that was known in episode 2.3. Maybe just maybe the mother had kinda like the X-Men Storm's power and couldnt control it and thats why she died. The grandmother played by Star Trek's Nichelle Nichols, is a wise lady and might have a power, and the grandson, it might skip a generation or might not, this show has more questions to answer about the family members.

Making one of the characters responsible for Hurricane Katrina would just be in bad taste :down:

"does kids get powers if the parents both have powers or not."

The answer is tough but if both have powers yes is for sure, Nathan and Claires mom produced claire both had powers

I have lots of questions on my mind. First question, is DL really dead?

Answer: Maybe or maybe not, remember this show always has twist and turns of the show. When they say "ultimate sacfrice", it might not mean death. It mght mean that he might of run to make sure that the family stay safe from the Linderman killing backlash, sure to happen when DL killed him. In the graphic novel, we dont see a dead body of DL at all, its just Hana told Micah about via brainwave patterns in the computer. Or he might be dead, too bad he had a better story than the twins.

Third question: Is West related to certain flying man, and does his kid will get powers too.

Answer: No, ever though West can fly, but he cant fly at supersonic speed like Nathan. He might be related to another, I wouldnt be suprised if he was related to Sylar, we never saw his mother have any powers in episode 1.18, so that begs the questions, what happen to his father, was he one of the 12 in picture. To answer the second question, there is no sign of powers in any of the nathans kids yet, but the wife is human and father has powers begs the question, does kids get powers if the parents both have powers or not.

Well this AcPlanethulk, with my questions of the week. If you have any questions that you want me to answers to best of my "ABILITES", please drop me a line. :cwink:

Why did you awnser your own questions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"