Chloe Bennet IS Skye

Discussion in 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' started by Mr. Dent, May 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. herolee10 No More Miracles

I gotta say, Chloe Bennet is definitely a rare beauty that I can't believe I haven't seen in any previous noteworthy shows or films.

She just has this certain spunk and beauty about her that is quite endearing (for me at least) and call me shallow, but I would definitely want to keep her on the show for as long as possible if it doesn't come at the expense of any other noteworthy characters.lol

2. cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

I strongly doubt that "tragedy" and "Agents of SHIELD" need to be used in the same sentence. It's a Marvel/Disney show targeting all ages, especially the kiddies, showing at 8 PM on ABC's main network. They're not going to kill off a title character, no matter how badly Joss Whedon (or you) want it.

3. Mysteryman Registered

Skye could also redeem herself by saving the team from whomever she is working for and becoming a vital member of that team from that point forward.
    Skye does not have to die to redeem herself.

4. wobbly Occasional Scribbler

I don't think she's gonna be either. She slipped that she is even smarter than they think in the last episode: When Fitz is confused at his readings and asks if they are even possible she quickly blurts "depends on the shifting of the...temporal radials....stuff..." pauses while they look at her confused "Totally weird, right?...I'm gonna go check on Coulson", and she hastily rushes off.

I think the lady has serious hidden genius level smarts (way beyond computer hacking) Maybe even Stark level smarts. Afaik, neither Drew or Jones have that.

5. Mysteryman Registered

Skye is who she is
    I am not worried about it.
    Surprise me .

6. cph9fa Registered

I took that line to be her mocking their inscrutable technobable. She's effectively saying "blah blah blah" which is why they look at her confused.

7. Xeno That's America's ass!

That's what I thought. Fitz and Simmons would have immediately started asking her questions if she had been making any sense at all. Skye sure was eager to get her hands on FitzSimmons' tech, though. Her puppeteers would love to have the specs for all those neat gadgets.

8. SkyJade Registered

Call me nuts but I say Skye is Scarlet Witch and I think agent Ward (or the other lead male besides Coulson if I missed his name) is Quicksilver. U think that connects Skye and Coulson, connects her with the other agent and with the Avengers. I also believe we saw the Vision last episode as well. This may be the perfect add to this show because A) it'll keep viewers if they bring legitimate spoilers to the other MCU. B) I think it bridges the gap between movies and C) I think it allows them to introduce lesser known but still important characters to the MCU as well as the bog screen flicks without crowding the big screen and s[ending tons on actors of characters who will be a part of the MCU but not get solo movies right away. If you still don't think I'm nuts, U bet Fitz and Simmons are tied to the Wasp and Ant Man/Pym somehow

9. Dr. Evil Registered

Why do you keep saying that Skye is SW and Ward is QS? They are not!

Both Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are going to be in Age of Ultron. Hell, SLJ confirmed Elizabeth Olsen as Scarlet Witch.

Also Ant Man is going to have his own movie! This has been a known fact for a year.

10. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Call me nuts, but Ron Glass was Black Goliath. And Leonor Varela was Firebird.

11. Dr. Evil Registered

And the black woman appearing in episode 4 is Monica Rambeau.

12. The Question Objectivism doesn't work.

I'm still hoping that the Rising Tide is more Wikileaks and less HYDRA. I'd like the conflict between the characters to be a little more morally complicated than having it turn out the Skye was tricked into working for terrorists who she thought were altruistic hacktivists.

13. Mysteryman Registered

14. Dr. Evil Registered

It's been confirmed that SW and QS will be in the next Avengers movie.

15. Mysteryman Registered

I know.
    But, I believe that it is Highly Doubtful that Skye and Ward are Wanda and Pietro.

16. Dr. Evil Registered

Oh that. I had no idea who you were quoting.

This is the third time that the poster said that Skye and Ward are Wanda and Pietro. I had already mentioned that both were in Age of Ultron, but apparently this person didn't listen

So yeah, I am calling that poster nuts.

17. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Highly doubtful suggests there still is a small possibility, just that it is very unlikely.

But since Elizabeth Olsen has been confirmed for Wanda, then it's far more than highly doubtful about Skye. It simply isn't the case. No doubt whatsoever.

18. Dr. Evil Registered

That's not going to stop SkyJade from saying that Skye is Wanda and Ward is Pietro.

19. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Well, the SHIELD "bus" is Wonder Woman's invisible jet. When there was that hole in it, it wasn't really a hole. It just turned partly invisible. That's why we could see the sky outside.

But seriously though, Coulson did hint at Skye being Scarlet Witch. He said "it's all blue skyes from here on out." And since blue is a primary colour and so is red, and scarlet is a shade of red, that's our subtle hint. The blue was referring to scarlet. So we have Scarlet Skye. And also don't forget that Coulson told Skye that Tahiti is a magical place, and who does magic but witches?

So two major hints there that Skye will be Scarlet Witch. :oldrazz:

20. Mysteryman Registered

I belieive Elizabeth Olsen will be Wanda .
    But Marvel has not confirmed it yet .
    Samuel L. Jackson said that she is going to be , but, that is not official.

21. wobbly Occasional Scribbler

Maybe...It seemed to me though that she knew what she was talking about, rather than trying to mock them (which would have been rather out of place given the situation). Her hesitation after initially responding immediately to Fitz's 'isn't that impossible?' question, the 'totally weird' laugh it off dismissal of her own answer, and eagerness to get out of there, all suggest to me she knew she'd slipped up and wanted to bail before they took what she'd said seriously and would ask her how the hell she knew that kind of stuff.

That they didn't immediately ask what the hell was she talking about also left me thinking that. They just looked back down at their pad thingies and carrried on working.

But you guys could be right and I'm overthinking it. We'll find out one way or another soon enough I guess.

22. Mysteryman Registered

Good One!

23. wobbly Occasional Scribbler

Agreed. I can't see them promoting any of this Shield group to a major role in Avengers 2...Other than Son of Coul of course. Cameo's at best I'd have thought.

24. Just_Human Registered

- And now add to that she is considered a consultant

25. wobbly Occasional Scribbler

Not sure I'm keen on the idea...But it would be one way to get RDJ to make an appearance.

He nearly crapped his armored pants when Hansen turned up at his door in IM3 ("please dont tell me you've got a 12 year old kid out there!")

Anyways, by virtue of the fact they are hiding her true identity I would think it will be someone from the books, even if its someone obscure.

If I had to bet on someone? I really don't know....Maybe a pre Madame Masque Whitney Frost perhaps...(this series could be her origin story, lol).

Not suggesting that's a likely one btw. Nothing but a spitball guess at best (and Whedon's not adverse to having one his ensemble's turn all evil on the rest)

#125 wobbly, Oct 3, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.