Cinematic Civil War:MCU vs DCCU - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 38

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I'd have been pissed if they'd wasted Darkseid himself in this.

Exactly. This film, and Steppenwolf's role in it, was a necessary evil if the DCEU was going to survive. They had to basically gives this entire film to the heroes to right the ship.

Had the minor characters like The Flash, Cyborg, and Aquaman (and even Batman for that matter) had their stories completely fleshed out in other films....had Superman not needed a complete makeover to make him what he should have been all along, then JL could have given the villain a little more to do than just be a standard "big bad" that the heroes have to stop.

A shame. But overall, still enjoyed the film.

Granny Goodness would have been a much better villain.

A character with a better association with Darkseid (instead of Steppenwho?), and was featured in a popular cartoon (STAS) in which kids (who are now adults and maybe even have kids themselves) would have been excited to see, and probably would've featured female villains (the Female Furies) who could've been as fun to watch the one (Faora) who eclipsed the main villain (Zod) in the first film (MOS) that started this whole universe/not universe (DC something)?

Kane and his silly ideas. :loco:

A character with a better association with Darkseid (instead of Steppenwho?), and was featured in a popular cartoon (STAS) in which kids (who are now adults and maybe even have kids themselves) would have been excited to see, and probably would've featured female villains (the Female Furies) who could've been as fun to watch the one (Faora) who eclipsed the main villain (Zod) in the first film (MOS) that started this whole universe/not universe (DC something)?

Kane and his silly ideas. :loco:

I am just going to stop you there for one minute. Just imagine a Snyder designed Female Fury...

Read you review jmc. So to sum it up, meh? Which unfortunately is what I predicted for this film and the vive I've gotten since the trailers. Shame.

Exactly. This film, and Steppenwolf's role in it, was a necessary evil if the DCEU was going to survive. They had to basically gives this entire film to the heroes to right the ship.

Had the minor characters like The Flash, Cyborg, and Aquaman (and even Batman for that matter) had their stories completely fleshed out in other films....had Superman not needed a complete makeover to make him what he should have been all along, then JL could have given the villain a little more to do than just be a standard "big bad" that the heroes have to stop.

A shame. But overall, still enjoyed the film.

And all that in under 2 hours. It was asking a bit too much to have time to develop Steppenwolf properly on top of all that.

I am just going to stop you there for one minute. Just imagine a Snyder designed Female Fury...

Well based on Faora and his take on Amazons, I guess it could go either way.

No, not at all. I had posted the time without blacking it out but you had beat me to it and did it correctly. I was genuinely thanking you.

Okay, cools, many thanks for thanking me. Sorry, it wasn't meant as an attack, I was just worried I'd NOT black tagged it and exposed it to everyone about screen time. All good. :up:

honestly,after watched JL i dont think JL3 will be earn this kind promotion of Avengers.
the whole movie barely payoff aside small revenge 'do you bleed' *cough cough*.

Omg the infamous Snyder quote:

[Superman] is the freaking […] biggest superhero on the planet. He’s the father of every superhero. [Deborah and I] were just talking about this – I’m like, really? Thor? Thor has a movie? [Laughter.] Really? I mean, come on. And there’s no Superman movie? This is, like, the world’s out of balance. It’s like, we’ve lost our minds here, people, come on.

Edit: Holy **** I've never seen such a strong anti-Snyder thread on that sub :wow:

I guess this is the time where I should learn from the past and wait until JL can be seen at home. The reviews don't seem very different from previous Snyder DCEU films and the added information of that the biggest DC/JL fan out of my friends saw it yesterday and said he thought it was OK. Given that he enjoyed MoS and BvS a lot more than I did that's a bit worrying.

Some people open their eyes eventually. Judging by myself too.
Mjölnir;35978101 said:
I guess this is the time where I should learn from the past and wait until JL can be seen at home. The reviews don't seem very different from previous Snyder DCEU films and the added information of that the biggest DC/JL fan out of my friends saw it yesterday and said he thought it was OK. Given that he enjoyed MoS and BvS a lot more than I did that's a bit worrying.
This is honestly my current thought. On one hand, I probably should be a good fanboy and go watch a movie with Batman. On the other, I'm pretty sure I won't like this film. I don't want continuation of DCFU. I shouldn't give them my $10. I'm seriously consider not going to a theater...

Last edited:
Joss Whedon liked a tweet naming Steppenwolf the worst CBM villain of all time :lmao:

Go Whedon.

Had a bad feeling about Steppenwolf from the start. That's not the villain i think of for the 1st live action Justice League ever. Plus he looks absolutely awful. My expectations are as low as they were after seeing BvS.

I think it's pretty telling that Whedon has worked on the film for the better part of an entire year but hasn't done any press for it. Either they didn't want to parade him about out of respect for Snyder or he doesn't care for the film and did what he could to salvage a project he never really believed in. They're probably both true.

If you want my honest opinion you folks are not missing out on much if you chose not to watch JL.

If you want my honest opinion you folks are not missing out on much if you chose not to watch JL.

I agree and disagree. If you're desperate to see some good Superman (the others are mostly okay, too) then go do it. If you're a film fan who's interested in just how weirdly made this movie is, also go do it.

Yeah I am with Outofboose and will probably skip it. At one point I wanted to see it so I could actually speak to it but I don't really care that much anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"