Confession is good for the Hype. - - - - - - Part 15

I still think about this place quite a bit. But life gets in way. I'm at toyota having my headlights cleaned. Figured I get on here.

I was at dunkin baskin for 5 years. Shift leader. Now I work at hardees as a cashier making 9.00 an hour and full time. Been there a month. I have a couple friends in real life I hang out with. I still live at home and kinda dont care. But my friends may move in a year or so, and they invited me to tag along with them. And honestly, I kinda want to move with them.

Even though I started this new job, I feel in a few months I'll find something better.

Have my own car and it's two years from being paid off. I work out 2-4 times a week still.

One of my cats is dying, I feel. Cat is just old and doesnt want to eat or drink much and is losing weight and looking rough.

So, nothing has really changed outside I work, workout, and have good real life friends, that I'm blessed to have. Oh, I'm getting covered in white hairs now in beard and what now.

I just feel being away from this place was or is better from me. I'll still post occasionally, but just have other priorities.

I confess that I have used my time during lockdown to go off the rails with regards to my health and fitness. Which to be fair I was barely keeping on track anyway. It seems the older I get, the harder I find it to muster the motivation to train.

But what with the gyms closing, I managed to (in my estimation as I am too scared to weigh myself) pile on around 25-30 pounds and on a 5'-5" frame there's no hiding it!
That's what not exercising and eating whatever you want will do... I do not recommend it.

My gym has since reopened, but as I am a bit on the old side now, I just don't feel safe going back into such an environment. However, I have, since the beginning of August, gone into my workshop and started using my cross-trainer which has been in there for over a year!
5 weeks later and 5 times a week doing a marathon distance each time, I think I might have lost 15 pounds. Still too scared to actually weigh myself!

A long way to go still, but I feel a bit better in and of myself...

i confess i wish we had a Buy/Sell/Trade subforum here. I have a lot of collectibles, comics etc that I need to downsize on and i'd much rather deal them to someone here who i know would love them as much as i did.

i confess i wish we had a Buy/Sell/Trade subforum here. I have a lot of collectibles, comics etc that I need to downsize on and i'd much rather deal them to someone here who i know would love them as much as i did.

That's an interesting idea. I have a bunch of old baseball cards, football cards (have a Joe Namath card), old comics (mostly from 60s), coin collections, and, of course, my beloved Tolkien book collection (pretty extensive). Thing is, I don't want to sell anything. :shrug:

I'm thinking about making a really nice, custom cabinet for my Tolkien books, but don't have time just yet. I want to carve dwarvish runes in the wood, paint them gold, and then put a finish over it. I don't quite know what it would say yet; maybe something along the lines of "Being the history of the 3 ages of Arda", but that wouldn't be completely accurate since part of The Silmarillion precedes the 1st age. I think this qualifies me as being a bit of a nerd.

That's an interesting idea. I have a bunch of old baseball cards, football cards (have a Joe Namath card), old comics (mostly from 60s), coin collections, and, of course, my beloved Tolkien book collection (pretty extensive). Thing is, I don't want to sell anything. :shrug:

I'm thinking about making a really nice, custom cabinet for my Tolkien books, but don't have time just yet. I want to carve dwarvish runes in the wood, paint them gold, and then put a finish over it. I don't quite know what it would say yet; maybe something along the lines of "Being the history of the 3 ages of Arda", but that wouldn't be completely accurate since part of The Silmarillion precedes the 1st age. I think this qualifies me as being a bit of a nerd.

that sounds pretty cool. you should do it!

I still think about this place quite a bit. But life gets in way. I'm at toyota having my headlights cleaned. Figured I get on here.

I was at dunkin baskin for 5 years. Shift leader. Now I work at hardees as a cashier making 9.00 an hour and full time. Been there a month. I have a couple friends in real life I hang out with. I still live at home and kinda dont care. But my friends may move in a year or so, and they invited me to tag along with them. And honestly, I kinda want to move with them.

Even though I started this new job, I feel in a few months I'll find something better.

Have my own car and it's two years from being paid off. I work out 2-4 times a week still.

One of my cats is dying, I feel. Cat is just old and doesnt want to eat or drink much and is losing weight and looking rough.

So, nothing has really changed outside I work, workout, and have good real life friends, that I'm blessed to have. Oh, I'm getting covered in white hairs now in beard and what now.

I just feel being away from this place was or is better from me. I'll still post occasionally, but just have other priorities.

I feel you. I’ve been working retail for 15 years, most recently as a greeter at Walmart. It was a painfully easy job but comforting since it was impossible to screw up. I have a serious fear of making mistakes. I just started a new job as a cashier at a car dealership and the pay is better, plus better benefits. It is certainly an improvement but it actually has me depressed. It requires attention to detail and my ADD makes exact process difficult. Training is going pretty well but the anxiety is always there.

This is my third week of a new job as a cashier at a car dealership. I was looking forward to a somewhat stimulating job (as opposed to the greeter job), in a laidback company where I could sit and relax. After a few days, they sent me to another department to help out with receipts and filing papers. It was kind of related to the job, so no big deal. From that point on, I’ve spent 70% to 80% of my time filing. I asked to go back to the office and they don’t allow more than two people at a time. (There are three other cashiers.) As I left work today, I asked the other cashier if she thought I’d get training tomorrow. She said I’d probably be working in the other department.

So I was lied to. I spent today organizing and filing, and delivering parts. No manager bothered telling me that I wouldn’t do the job that I was hired to do, I had to ask a coworker. I plan on keeping the job, the pay is some of the best I’ve ever had, but I want the hiring company that I used to get me another job. I emailed the woman at the hiring agency and let her know what happened. Can’t wait to hear what she says.

I wouldn’t always trust a coworker over something like that, especially if you’re doing the same work or want to be. You may just be more valuable where they have you at the moment. Or maybe if it wasn’t covid you would be cashiering too.
I would take all the training and learn as much as you can and keep expanding your resume with the skills and duties you’re doing now.

I confess I feel sorry for the little boy in the Invisalign commercial that says "don't worry about it sweetheart" and it's edited where it comes off annoying and unnatural.

I confess I wonder why the Glee Curse isn't a thing by now.

I always used to think of myself as a flaming liberal, but lately I’ve been shifting to think of myself more and more as a moderate or in some ways even conservative Democrat, and I don’t know if it’s necessarily based on my actual positions on issues—-many but not all of which are pretty progressive—-or just the personal company I prefer to keep and the kinds of people I prefer to talk to and the kinds of people that turn me off and make me feel a bit alienated (my boss and I have had some un-PC conversations that would get us canceled on Twitter).

And it’s one aspect of this whole feeling I’ve been having this year of not really knowing who I’m turning into, or if I’m “turning into” someone else, or if my real self is just seeping through more. And sometimes I fear I don’t really actually have much true conviction about anything, or that I’m a sociopath or something, because a lot of the time I don’t feel empathy, or don’t “feel” when I feel like I’m “supposed” to. A lot of the time I’ll get all up in my feels about fictional characters and be meh about real life stuff.

I surprised myself when I briefly cried hysterically for like thirty seconds when my grandma died ten years ago, because I didn’t feel that emotional about it before or after, yet also kind of weirdly relieved because I’d actually had a tangible emotional reaction about something.

And I don’t know how reliable this is, but I scored high on a narcissism test recently. If you were to ask me if I think I’m smarter/better than most people, my honest answer would be yes, but a lot of people are disgusting and dumber than rocks, so that’s not such a vain statement. Or maybe it is, I don’t know.

I left my lunch on the kitchen table yesterday. Sometimes I wonder how smart I actually am.

i confess i've had a really rough past few days and this was the second time i can recall in my whole life that i cried out loud. like sobbed. i'm not sure i want to get into what happened to cause this, so apologies there

i hate feeling vulnerable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"