CW Presents: The Vampire Diaries - Part 1

Predictable Tumblr reactions are predictable. [blackout]"The writers are ruining Bonnie's happiness again!"[/blackout] What show have you been watching to think she's alone in that? Do I need to direct you to the fact that all but one of the main characters ended up being orphaned over the course of the series, and that the one who dodged that bullet grew up not knowing his father and ended up being routinely abandoned by his mom? Do I need to direct you to Alaric's pile of dead love interests? The last of which was murdered-- while pregnant-- as they were standing together at the altar, before he resurrected her with another vampire's soul inside her body and was then forced to watch her die AGAIN. Then he attempted to settle down with the woman who ended up giving birth to his kids, even though he knew she didn't love him back, and had to endure her breaking things off in favor of the guy she did love. Elena had loved ones drop like flies and was predestined to be a sacrificial lamb for Klaus. Damon spent over a century pining over someone that didn't love him back and then when he found someone who DID love him back, she ended up in a magical coma that would last for as long as his best friend still draws breath. Stefan's been locked in a vicious cycle of LOSE CONTROL --> UNBEARABLE GUILT --> LOSE CONTROL --> UNBEARABLE GUILT ever since he turned. Everyone is miserable and then when they're not, misery is on the way. That's just the gig.

while just when show looked hopeless after annoucement of nina's return we got last night's episode which had that ending.

as for bonnie fans upset.what show have they been watching.lok at what happens with
damon,stefan,and elena.happyness really isn't something in VD.

Look whose back!
vampire-diaries-kai-returns.jpg

I dont know why put her in a wig instead of just doing some extensions.

It was so nice to have my bb Kai back. They never should've gotten rid of him.

Holy hell what an episode. The back half of the season has been really strong. The ultimate [BLACKOUT]HBIC Katherine [/BLACKOUT]returns! :D

I'm kinda surprised they managed to get as much out of Chris Wood as they did, considering he's a fairly steady presence on Supergirl this season.

As for the K-bomb they dropped at the end, I've been wondering if they might slip her in again ever since Dobrev was announced. Actually I've been vaguely suspicious that [blackout]that's her in the promo, asking Stefan "Why am I here now?" because that close-up of Dobrev looked... off. Thinking maybe that's Katherine due to how much she aged before she died, but it's more likely just an odd choice of makeup or maybe Dobrev's had work done since TVD, I don't know...[/blackout]

Was wondering how they'd be able to utilize Katherine this week if Dobrev only shows up in the finale. Katherine actually being [blackout]Vicki[/blackout] just about covers it.

If the ending was any indication, the finale is going to be insane.

Overall it wasnt the greatest finale. Only a couple of scenes really stood out for me. Bonnie/Bennett line saving the day, Stefan reuniting with Lexi, and the very end focusing on Elena. Those are the scenes that made it for me. Stefan/Lexi was over waaayyyy to quickly, I was hoping to see them ride off into the sunset. But I was pissed that after how horrible Damon has been his entire life he is the only one to get a happy ending with who he wants.

Nina looked weird/off as Katherine. I think it's the makeup but she looked great at the end especially with the shorter hair.

I totally called it on who dies. He's still my fave character in the series and I'm still kinda butt hurt that he got screwed of a HEA and [blackout]Stelena wasn't the endgame[/blackout] but whatever. And yeah the last few mins sold it to me especially the cameos. They pulled a Lost there. :funny: I love Lexi so her moment with Stefan was great. I also like that the last scene was Defan. :hrt:

I can't remember but Elena's uncle is her real father, right?

I guess there's a chance Caroline is headed to TO?

Last edited:
Surprised they didn't bring back Damon & Stefan's relative that used to pose as their caretaker or his daughter that was killed off earlier in the season. Was Tyler the one with Julie or was it someone else? Whether it be good or bad the series finale made the waterworks flow & I will miss it.:csad: It was great seeing Jenna one last time even if it were for only a minute or so.:ilv:

Do you think Damon & Elena got married and had a long and happy life or did they both die shortly after they left the graveyard?

[blackout]That Caroline/Stefan goodbye[/blackout].... :csad:

[blackout]And JO![/blackout] *keels over sobbing*
Surprised they didn't bring back Damon & Stefan's relative that used to pose as their caretaker or his daughter that was killed off earlier in the season. Was Tyler the one with Julie or was it someone else? Whether it be good or bad the series finale made the waterworks flow & I will miss it.:csad: It was great seeing Jenna one last time even if it were for only a minute or so.:ilv:

Do you think Damon & Elena got married and had a long and happy life or did they both die shortly after they left the graveyard?

[blackout]Julie? You mean Vicki?

If so, yeah. She and Tyler were watching over Matt, the Sheriff was with Caroline, Jo with Alaric, and obviously Enzo with Bonnie, and then everyone with Elena at the very end.[/blackout]

As far as [blackout]Damon/Elena[/blackout], I think the implication was that they had a long life together, rather than anything that happened immediately.
I can't remember but Elena's uncle is her real father, right?
Yeah. Was kind of wondering if we'd see Isobel there too, but she never really did anything redemptive, whereas John sacrificed himself to preserve his daughter's humanity.
I guess there's a chance Caroline is headed to TO?
Hopefully. Julie says there isn't anything concrete planned, mainly because the fourth season has already wrapped and a fifth hasn't been ordered yet, but also that that door wasn't left open unintentionally. So fingers crossed for S5.

I'm curious about Alaric, though. He's supposed to appear mid-late in the new season of The Originals, and I wonder whether they'll allude to any of the events in the finale at all or if they hadn't really locked down all of what would happen at the point that his appearance was filmed.
Overall it wasnt the greatest finale.
Yeah, but coming from you lately, that's rather high praise. :o

Either way you know it was better than that s***show of a Glee finale.

But I was pissed that after how horrible Damon has been his entire life he is the only one to get a happy ending with who he wants.

Well.... not his entire life.

But, when you consider how much of the series was consumed by [blackout]Stefan/Damon[/blackout], rather than strictly the romantic relationships, I have to imagine that losing [blackout]his brother[/blackout], especially in the act of protecting him, wasn't necessarily a picnic for him.

it was a satisfying conclusion to the show. it could have been worse. it could have been glee or how i met your mother level of bad.

I'm curious about Alaric, though. He's supposed to appear mid-late in the new season of The Originals, and I wonder whether they'll allude to any of the events in the finale at all or if they hadn't really locked down all of what would happen at the point that his appearance was filmed.

julie plec confirmed his appearance on the originals is set after the finale of tvd.

[blackout]

Either way you know it was better than that s***show of a Glee finale.

That was never in question. I cant even remember what happened it was so bad.

Nina looked weird/off as Katherine. I think it's the makeup but she looked great at the end especially with the shorter hair.

It was that atrocious wig they put on her head.

I'm really happy with the finale, it's been a great ride.

I would have liked to see that vampire that Jeremy had a crush on in season one, but other than that I'm happy with who we saw. I don't quite understand what happened with these spirits, if they all got a minute on Earth or something.

Everyone died in the end and was in the "peaceful place"

TVLINE | I half-expected Bonnie to end up with Jeremy, years after losing Enzo. Was there ever talk of giving her a new love interest?
Ever since Episode 305, I’ve quietly shipped Bonnie and Matt. Linking the Donovan/Maxwell bloodline with the Bennett bloodline in the flashback episode we did earlier this year was my effort at trying to make — what do we call them, ‘Mamon?’ — happen. If you lose your epic love, you’re not meant to go without love. You can still be happy, have a partner in life, have children, have a family. I thought, “The two people who have fought so hard to save the town and these people should get that.” I thought it would be nice if they had each other. There was a pitch on the table where they had kids and a white picket fence and everything was dandy. Ultimately, everybody else thought it was sexier that — with Enzo being her ultimate soulmate — that she could just go on and take dozens of lovers and enjoy the world until it was time to move on.

I wouldn't have minded a Bonnie/Matt pairing but they should've thought about that during like Season 7 instead of going with the "sexier" pairing.

TVLINE | Speaking of being human, was there ever a plan to use prosthetics to make Damon and Elena look old in the finale?
The pitch was on the board, but Kevin Williamson — who knows a lot and is very brilliant — walked in and was like, “Over my dead body.” To be fair, he said, “I like stories that end in the here and now. I don’t think you need to rely on 50-year flash forwards to deliver the same emotional closure.” And he was right.

While it would've helped a little to make things clearer, I am glad they didnt go that route.

Last edited:
I was reading some interviews and I didn't know that KW was a big fan of Stelena as endgame. He mentioned something like if they had Nina back for the entire last season then he might've found a way for the two to end up together again in the end. I like that pairing much more and it doesn't really matter now really but I thought that was interesting.

Last edited:
Im glad he seemed to be able to talk sense Julie at times. She wanted Season 1 to end with a Delena kiss which Im glad it didnt.

I've gotten majorly bored of this over the years, but it's hitting me a little bit. I did follow this since the series premiere. There are very few series which I followed in real time from premiere to finale.

The first few seasons were really great. I remember almost every episode ending with a twist or a cliffhanger. I was also wondering at that time how I'm finding a friggin' CW vampire show more interesting than an HBO vampire show. :funny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"