Legends of Tomorrow DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 1 Episode 6: "Star City 2046"

It still wouldn't really change the odds any more in the hero's favour.

It makes Deathstroke Mk2 less formidable. The hero would have a chance if they could get him alone. If he had taken out the whole team by himself then the hero would be screwed.

Another great episode.

I dug the setting. Felt like an 80's action movie. Some Mad Max. Some Escape from LA. I feel Heat Wave's pain. Speaking of which, he was awesome this week. Hilarious as always, and it surprisingly sorta breaks my heart to see him and Cold going through a rough patch :( though I'm sure they'll make up soon :)

Green Arrow stuff was cool despite the spotty makeup, and Sara continues to be so much more awesome on this show than on Arrow.

The Ray/Jax/Stein stuff was fun too. I could watch these actors all day. Jax and Stein's dynamic is adorable.

Rip and some of the time travel logic doesn't seem to make much sense, but whatever, that's not why I'm here. Look forward to next week.

Last edited:
I'm kind of curious though, what happened to Barry in this version of the future? I mean if he were still around and alive, wouldn't he have aided Oliver in stopping Grant Wilson from taking over?

I'm kind of curious though, what happened to Barry in this version of the future? I mean if he were still around and alive, wouldn't he have aided Oliver in stopping Grant Wilson from taking over?
Maybe he lost too against someone without Firestorm, Stein, etc
And also because of the death of Arrow team.

Last edited:
The bigger question is why is there no Justice League? Something must have happen that prevent this from happening?

Maybe he lost too against someone without Firestorm, Stein, etc
And also because of the death of Arrow team.

Which begs to wonder; Rip says that the biggest reason why he selected the members that he did for this crusade against Savage was that should something bad happen to either of them, it wouldn't have any dire consequences on the main timeline itself.

So I wonder why would the removal of Atom, Canary, and Firestorm have any effects on what Arrow and Flash do?

Isn't 2046 after the Flash's appointed disappearance year?

Isn't 2046 after the Flash's appointed disappearance year?

Yep, 22 years after it to be precise, though that's all subject to change since the timeline got all effed up, but yeah, Barry will probably have died/disappeared by then, being that far in the future it's probably better to wonder what happened to Wally. I do think it'd be cool to have Legends do an episode where they're in a time period where Wally has become the Flash, since the Flash probably won't go so far as to fully tell Wally's story.

Last edited:
Which begs to wonder; Rip says that the biggest reason why he selected the members that he did for this crusade against Savage was that should something bad happen to either of them, it wouldn't have any dire consequences on the main timeline itself.

So I wonder why would the removal of Atom, Canary, and Firestorm have any effects on what Arrow and Flash do?
That was just crappy writing to be honest. Oliver completely contradicted everything Rip had said, but that;'s because the writers wanted to give Sarah a reason to want to stay and help.

Realistically, there was no reason for them to stay and help because they were going to erase that future regardless.

Realistically, there was no reason for them to stay and help because they were going to erase that future regardless.

True, though from what I had gathered, it seemed like one of the reasons why Sara and company got involved was because there was no guarantee that they (Sara and Ray) would make it back to their timeline due to how dangerous their original mission is, let alone being successful in stopping Savage at the end. So far all they know, they could end up dying and failing, in which that case, the future that was shown in this episode could end up still happening.

Maybe he just talked about his future in the year 2166. Sure, Star City might have burned in 2046, but it might have been restored by the year 2166, and every person important enough in 2166 London, would have still existed.

That was just crappy writing to be honest. Oliver completely contradicted everything Rip had said, but that;'s because the writers wanted to give Sarah a reason to want to stay and help.

Or Rip wasn't completely honest about his certainty regarding their roles in history. And, as he's proven time and time again, he's a terrible Time Master.

I liked the episode.

Thought the use of Connor's name was random, but ok.

Thought they didn't really convey who was dead or just gone well enough.

I loved this episode. As someone else said, it felt like Season 1-2 of Arrow. I didn't mind the filler stuff too much, though more Arrow would have been better. For me, Legends continues to surprise.

really good episode last week. Loved seeing this altered future if the team never came back. Was nice to see they included slade son as this future deathstroke. HE wasnt to bad. As for connor i thought it was a waste that connor wasnt really h is name and he was really just digg future son. With that they might has well just made him a totally original or new character. Or they should have made william connor and we saw a future william/connor as this future green arrow. The future ollie was pretty rad. Overall it was a solid episode.

Did he really? He said he did not know if it would have made a difference had Sarah and Ray stayed behind in 2016. Sarah on the other hand twisted his words and said that the only reason things happened as they did was because Sarah left.

I think it's more likely that Sara may not have made a difference back then even if she was there, but, knowing the future, now she will.

Sara and Palmer clearly made a difference since Star City doesn't seem to have originally been ruled by Grant Wilson in 2046 in the original timeline.

I'm still inclined to put it down to "they didn't make a difference, that *Rip Hunter* thinks is important." 'Star City gets burnt to a dystopic ruin a few decades early' probably does not count for much, in Rip's eyes.

I mean, lets be fair to Rip: Star City has come within inches of being destroyed three years running, and I'm sure the track record won't be broken in season 4. Statistics alone would suggest that, given ten years, Star City probably is a ruin. If somebody said "our timeline is the odd one, in most timelines Star City is a crater", I'd believe it. It would also explain why Rip wouldn't want to touch Oliver Queen: him being some kind of inexplicable nexus of destiny in spite of all objective reason why.

I mean, lets be fair to Rip: Star City has come within inches of being destroyed three years running, and I'm sure the track record won't be broken in season 4. Statistics alone would suggest that, given ten years, Star City probably is a ruin. If somebody said "our timeline is the odd one, in most timelines Star City is a crater", I'd believe it. It would also explain why Rip wouldn't want to touch Oliver Queen: him being some kind of inexplicable nexus of destiny in spite of all objective reason why.

In fairness, season one was a plan that would have happened without Ollie and Ollie stopped it. Everything else is pretty much something Ollie brought on Star(ling) City: Slade Wilson and the League of Assassins. We don't actually know this season, though. I wouldn't be surprised if the chaos of the last couple seasons were the motivating factor.

But, yeah, I'd totally move to Central City over Star City.

Well, the thing is, maybe Oliver was wrong, and that would have happened regardless of Sarah and Palmer being there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"