Deadpool 2 Spoilers Thread

Discussion in 'Deadpool 2' started by Fallen, May 11, 2018.

1. Chip Chipperson the big guy

Same here, found myself laughing at a lot of obscure jokes that not everyone caught on to

2. BlackFox Merc

Worthy follow up to DP and Jugg's was a total surprise for me, Vinnie Jones your legacy is wiped out, haha, at long last! This film went back in time and wiped out a lot of painful memories!!

3. kasjan Registered

4. terry78 My name is Stefan, sweet thang

Yeah, Juggernaut had more of a jersey accent this time. I was surprised they never commented on it with Xavier being British in the movieverse.

5. samsnee Ok

Matt Damon was in this?

6. legendkillin Registered

No Brad Pitt

7. terry78 My name is Stefan, sweet thang

Ha, that was some good ass makeup and acting on his part. I had no idea that was anybody but a random actor.

8. Mad Ones Bebe le Strange

I really liked this sequel quite a bit more than the first one. I thought it was funnier, with a lot more commentary on superhero movies, comic books, and the X-men. The inside jokes were definitely a treat for comic book fans. I agree with people saying that this movie "gets" the X-men... the people making this movie get the X-men so well that they can critique/jab at it quite well. The movie literally shows Colossus, NTW, and Trainee responding to a mutant incident (Russel responding violently to bigoted abuse). This is foundational to what the X-men do, but hasn't been depicted nearly as well or at all in any X-men film. The film's focus on found/chosen families is another X-men theme nailed.

I didn't like the Vanessa was fridged... but was that end-credits scene canon...? Like, is she alive again? Obviously that scene was hilarious and meta, but saving Vanessa has HUGE ramifications for the emotional arc of this movie and the sequal haha.

9. fancyarcher Registered

Aside from a somewhat sluggish first thirty minutes, I really enjoyed this. Deadpool is hilarious as ever, and the references are great. Plus Brolin was a great Cable, also I really liked Domino. Also more Colossus is never a bad thing. A solid comedy sequel, which is rare.

I will admit I didn't like that they axed Vanessa so soon though. Really felt like unnecessary "drama", and I was not a fan of mopey Deadpool. Other then that though, I can't complain.

10. InCali I got a pUpgrade!

While I enjoyed it, I liked the first one better. Maybe it's because the first one was so different from everything else and I had higher expectations for the sequel. I sort of felt the same way about GotG, but, overall, prolly enjoyed GotG2 more than this sequel. Liked them all though.

11. Hotwire Dealin' W/ Demons

Who played Juggernaut?

12. Sithborg Dark Forces Return

Ryan Reynolds.

13. kedrell Fork&SpoonOperator

Pretty good but a lot of the humor in the middle kinda fell flat, unlike the first one. The absolute biggest laughs happened in the end credits scenes. I gave the first an 8.5/10. This one I'd give an 8/10. As for 2018 superhero films so far it's slightly better(we're talkin' razor thin, hairs-breadth margins here) than BP but not anywhere near as good as AIW.

14. DoomRulz A guy that comes and goes

I honestly don't know what shocked me more. Mentioning Batman and Superman by name, or Juggernaut's appearance (I had no clue that was coming). Man, the writers really went to town on this one, and I loved it!

15. Darkraid Registered

16. legendkillin Registered

17. rogue trooper Registered

Wow! Lol! Very nice! Anyway, I really enjoyed him and Colossus duking it out. I was hoping for more from Black Tom, personally.

18. Hotwire Dealin' W/ Demons

I was listening to that thinking, "I need this as a ringtone!"

19. Hotwire Dealin' W/ Demons

That, combined with the opening credits... "Directed by ONE OF THE GUYS WHO KILLED THE DOG IN JOHN WICK" That was genius!

20. Sithborg Dark Forces Return

The way they were making jokes out of his name was amazing.

21. kasjan Registered

People saying scene with saving Vanessa destroys drama of movie.

How about bringing everybody to live, who died in Avengers 3, if they travel in time or do soemthing like that?
    That's a waste and totally destroys Avengers 3.
    Definitely bringing back character like Loki once again.

22. DACrowe Registered

I am amused by that too. Folks who are super hyped for Avengers 4 think bringing back Vanessa ruined Deadpool 2. No. It just didn't make us wait a year before doing it, and leaving us to figure out how it'll be done in the meantime. :oldrazz:

23. CyclopsSummers Registered

Juggernaut was mutant in original timeline too
    Seems x-men never age in current films
    holy sh******* why didnt they take older actors to play single cameos. I hate new cast

Psylocke must be old
    1983 --> today : almost 35 years
    I prefer to see her rebooted in MCU

#274 CyclopsSummers, May 19, 2018
    Last edited: May 19, 2018
  24. legendkillin Registered

Loki is dead dead he was physically killed. Only the snapped heroes are likely to come back but some of the originals are going to die. If they time travel consequences will come from it say like Kang the Conqueror since they are getting those rights back.