Deadpool 2 Spoilers Thread

Discussion in 'Deadpool 2' started by Fallen, May 11, 2018.

1. psylockolussus Disco Mutant

I miss seeing opening title sequence in Marvel films so that's nice to hear that FoX is doing it again.

2. Aximili86 Registered

Why wouldn't they? The first DP flick made a pretty big deal of its opening titles, it's more just the MCU that doesn't do it.

3. baerrtt Registered

One has to be reminded that DP is, partially, a very strong parody of the genre and the manner with which most of X Force are dispatched fits into the tone of the franchise.

4. AnimalDesatado Registered

Nope. That water scene you saw in the trailer is Deadpool falling into an ice lake after escaping the Ice Box prison. He dies in that lake but revives moments after

5. AnimalDesatado Registered

More than four references to the MCU: Deadpool telling Juggernaut “the sun is getting real low big guy” (Black Widow/Hulk), Winter Soldier reference, supersoldier referenece, Hawkeye, Deadpool calls Dopinder “brown panther”, and jokes about Domino being a Black Widow ripoff, and Thanos reference.

#55 AnimalDesatado, May 14, 2018
    Last edited: May 14, 2018
  6. AnimalDesatado Registered

Domino is the only badass female character in the movie, the rest are wasted

7. AnimalDesatado Registered

No, he only takes off his sleeves while fighting Colossus.

8. ironman_rick Registered

Any wolverine cameo ?

9. AnimalDesatado Registered

At the very beginning Deadpool plays with a Logan toy. It’s Logan stabbed by the metal bar at the end of his own film, and Wade jokes about he dying more times in Deadpool 2 than Logan in his movie. And then Wolverine from X-Men Origins in the credits scene. But no new footage, it’s recycled from the original movie.

10. ironman_rick Registered

11. ironman_rick Registered

Will be watching this movie tomorrow. Hopefully will drop in some spoilers if i can.

12. NightWork Registered

Thanks for replying. I know that Morena Baccarin has mentioned doing underwater stunts for the movie, but it looks like anything involving Vanessa being underwater has been cut from the movie. Hope it shows up on the Blu-ray deleted scenes.

13. NightWork Registered

Such a shame to hear that.

14. psylockolussus Disco Mutant

So much for having 5 women in the film!
    Well Logan, The Wolverine, Fant4stic and First Class didn't have them. Even the Amazing Spider-Man films didn't have them.

15. samsnee Ok

So is Cable the "villain" for pretty much 90% of this movie?

16. Erik Lensherr Registered

Dark Phoenix cast cameo

They still look the same in present day?

17. xpacaud Registered

It's a straight up cast cameo, with scripts in hand, so yes. It's not necessarily the X-men of this time.

18. Rjones1325 Registered

One of my biggest issues with Deadpool 2 is that there is a point in the movie, right in the second act, where it peaks in hilarity and absurdity. The sequence where all of the X-Force are killed an insanely graphically way that could’ve been taken straight out of “South Park” but leaves you in both shock and laughter to a point that will have you wheezing.

But here’s the thing: not only is the film unable to make you erupt in laughter as hard as that sequence (until the post credits sequence which might be the best post credit sequence in a comedy movie since the meta end credit sequence in “22 Jump Street”) but they don’t give you enough airtime for you to catch your breath. Because of the film not being able to let you breathe after shelling out joke after joke, you start to feel the film’s length which by any means does not need to be close to two hours.

Here's my full review: http://rendyreviews.com/movies//deadpool-2-review

19. Darkraid Registered

Just caught the movie.

It's wayyy better than the original. I really hope they make the X-Force movie!

This movie is a crowd pleaser than sends the audience into hysterical laughter. It's been a long time since I saw an audience that laugh this hard!

I actually loved the X-Force deaths. It's very unexpected and shocking that made the crowd gasp. Especially the Vanisher cameo. Not spoiling that!

Yukio is so damn adorable. I love her.

I didn't like Domino when she was casted since it did not look anything like her. But the movie did her justice and I now want a Domino movie. The use of her powers is freaking hilarious.

Cable is ok. Cable is not really an entertaining or interesting character. Brolin did well.

I really think the orphanage head is Mr Sinister...

The scene where Deadpool dies took way too long. It was supposed to be a joke but that was the joke that did not work with me.

Lastly, it was the single best credit scene in movie history.

9.5/10

20. ironman_rick Registered

Just caught the movie....I might be in the minority...... I thought the 1st movie was funnier and had better choreographed fights (the highway scenes).

Anyway...that does not mean, this movie isn't good. It is good and funny too just not as good as the 1st one. i will give it 7.5 - (ie... the first movie i will give 8.5)

Stuff from the movie (not sure if these has been spoiled yet) :

a)Brad pitt is in it as a member of x-factor : vanishing man. We do see him briefly when he gets electrocuted and dies.

b)I simply loved when DP called a Pedo looking guy from essex corp jared Kusner. That was so freckin funny and awesome (especially with what is going on in jerusalem now). That essex dude really looked like JK... haha. SO......Jared Kusner looks like a pedo. haha haha haha

c)Yes.....finally juggernaut made a comment of his wheel chaired step brother and him trying to get into his mind (that's why he wears that helmet)

d)I think there was too much of the taxi driver dude. He had more scenes that most of the x-factor members.... combined. Heck...he even had more scenes that negasonic and her GF (man she is really cute and hot).

e)What was the superhero powers of black cassidy or is he black tom ? he was portrayed as some prison bullly and eventually gets shot on the head by cable some time later.

f)Speaking of cable......yup, he wasn't that impressive. Maybe they cut some of his scenes but he was not that memorable. Thanos was more memorable than Cable. And i thought him trying to join DP & Domino when a few hours ago (in movie time) he was trying to kill them....was kinda sudden. This just shows that the russo know how to make characters more memorable than most other directors. How many people would have thought that thanos would be more memorable than cable ?

g)Colossus probably had the best arc of the rest (apart from DP, domino and cable). He had a good fight with Jugs....held his own for quite a bit. And yes....Jugs gets electrocuted by colossus with help from nagasonic and her awesome GF (via his butt creeks).

I had to leave the movie early (cos had to pick up my son from school)....i left when DP turned "grey" and was stopping cable from shooting fire fist.....

Speaking of fire fist.....he was quite funny when he had to be and at the same time you could sympathize with him. He seems to be a very good actor.

BTW.....is there any mister sinister easter egg in the movie (seeing as how the essex corporation is a big part of this movie).

To summarize......not as good as the 1st one (not many movies are).....but it is still freckin funny and super fun. I also don't think it is as r rated as the 1st one. You might be able to bring your kids to it (depending in which country you are).

#71 ironman_rick, May 15, 2018
    Last edited: May 15, 2018
  21. AnimalDesatado Registered

Completely agreed. Cable was boring as ****, and lame. Too many wasted opportunities turned into jokes (Black Tom, the X-Force, Negasonic and Yukio..). The first one was more simple, that’s what makes it better. This one’s fun, and you laugh a lot, it’s just not as good.

22. psylockolussus Disco Mutant

Sounds like the new characters aren't done with justice. Yikes.

23. ironman_rick Registered

Only FireFist and Domino are the standout new characters.

BTW...i know you are a huge x-men fan. I highly recommend u to catch this movie. Its way way better than x-men Apocalypse.

24. psylockolussus Disco Mutant

Oh dear. I am now lowering my eXpectations. So the other minor roles aren't even cool?