Deadpool 2 Spoilers Thread

Discussion in 'Deadpool 2' started by Fallen, May 11, 2018.

1. autumnkid2000 Registered

I only noticed Beast, Quicksilver and the Professor. Didn’t have the time to make out the rest. It was a very quick scene and Beast closing the door did turn my eyes towards him. But the scene got such a positive response at my screening.

Anyway, I am a bit disappointed with the movie. I was hoping to see the birth of the X-Force team but they were there just for laughs. Shatterstar was so hyped up so I bet people who are looking forward to watching him in action will be very disappointed.

A highlight though was Domino. Cable was okay but for me, the character could have been played by anyone else. I feel like Josh Brolin never had the time to make the character his own.

#101 autumnkid2000, May 15, 2018
    Last edited: May 15, 2018
  2. GuestStar2004 Registered

No he wasn't.

3. autumnkid2000 Registered

He was not. Full makeup on. :)

4. AnimalDesatado Registered

No human form.

5. AnimalDesatado Registered

Beast, Professor X, Quicksilver, Cyclops (Jean and Storm?)

6. fobi Registered

Good to hear that little cameo is getting a good crowd response, especially after Apocalypse. Lol. They should probably drop a Dark Phoenix teaser not too long after everyone finally gets to see this.

7. Erik Lensherr Registered

Dark Phoenix cast cameo

8. Darkraid Registered

I only saw Beast and Quicksilver. it was like one second man.

The context was DP lamenting that Fox is being cheap again and asking for Angel to appear instead of Colossus. Then he said where are all the X-Men? Why is the mansion so empty and then we have a shot of the other X-Men in a room and Beast closes the door so not to get seen

9. psyonic X-Man

Vanisher was played by Brad Pitt, you see his face for a quick second when he dies

10. psyonic X-Man

There wasn't really a villain.. just adversaries..

11. psyonic X-Man

Teenage Warhead and Yukio have nothing to do until the final and short fight. Their appearance was inconsequential. Colossus has a bigger role, said/did more in this Deadpool movie than all 4 X-Men films.

Black Tom Cassidy was in name only, he doesn't use any powers at all. He could have been replaced by a random prison thug and the movie would be the same. I think it was just a nod to the comics referencing the Black Tom Cassidy and Juggernaut partnership duo but they don't interact at all in the movie. Juggernaut was quite.. stoppable wtf?

Entire X-Force dies, Domino survives. A highlight was Domino. They made her passive power interesting. I would have liked to see X-Force rescued like Peter but we don't know if they were.

Cable was underwhelming. Same height as Domino if not slightly shorter. It was hard to believe he came back to the past to save his family just to use his last teleport for Deadpool.. and not go back to them wtf? Cable's daughter's name is Hope (Summers).

The opening sequence was a highlight as well.. James Bond style.

Too many breaking 4th wall in my opinion, pretty sure more than DP1.

12. CyclopsSummers Registered

Thats a WTF
    X-men must be old, why bringing back again new young cast.
    Fed up. They should recall original cast or anothers actors to play x-men in their 50
    Or quick illegible cameos. they dont care, or just for fun.

So Yukio has different powers in new timeline ??? Why didnt Shiori play Noriko Surge instead

Holy crap I want to see rebooted X-men movies in MCU quickly

13. jmc away for a while

A lot to like about this, somethings I didn't like. Overall story I thought was a little messy but much like the first film it has a lot of heart going for it. It subverted a lot of my expectations in a good way, killing off the entire X-Force within minuets bar Domino and having no villain in the movie was an interesting choice. The jokes were a little hit and miss, a lot of amusing things, but only one or two really belly laughing moments, one being the baby legs.

Cable was cool, but not overly interesting as a character. I thought Domino was awesome, I really liked how they depicted her abilities in this. I wouldn't go so far to say she stole the show but she was definitely was a highlight and Zazzie Beetz just oozes charm and sexiness. I was shocked when they killed Vanessa in the opening sequence, it was this weird gut punch where it's saying something quite tragic yet it's overlaid with humour. The first 10 mins of this movie is weird emotionally. I do appreciate they went to the extent of creating a James Bond style opening title sequence along with Celine Dion singing. There also didn't seem like as much self awareness this time around, the fourth wall breaking didn't seem to happen as often as last time, but I'd have to rewatch it again.

One thing I will say though, I know the post credit sequence is done for laughs, but I can't help feel they kinda ruined the emotional arc of the movie by saving Vanessa in it. That's I'm not so sure about.

14. CyclopsSummers Registered

We shouldn't take extra-scene too seriously

References to original timeline, MCU, DCU, or Green Lantern ...4th wall-breaking

15. StarLord < < < < < < <

Correct. His parachute gets caught up in the electrical lines and you see his shocked face for a second. :funny:

The ''growing pains'' scene was an absolute killer. I haven't laughed that hard for a long time.

Really liked Domino's ''lucky scene'', even if the CG was a bit guff, but Zazie was so charming and great in the role. I'm so happy they cast her.

16. StarLord < < < < < < <

Oh, and the Origins post credit scene was amazing. I stayed away from spoilers so I was utterly horrified and smiling like a loon.

17. jmc away for a while

Yes, the growing pains scene made me wish I could pause the movie because I was laughing so hard I couldn't really hear what was being said. lol.

18. StarLord < < < < < < <

I also may or may not have spat out my drink when the term ''prison wallet'' was used... :lmao:

19. Darkraid Registered

those scenes sent the cinema howling.

personally i loved the jared kushner shade and the ''pump the hate brakes fox and friends'' line. lol

20. WitcherGeralt Registered

X Force is uh....
    At least Domino is a badass and charming.

21. eon001 Registered

Fresh from the screening. I'm going to jump in with my initial thoughts before I read the thread.

For a comedic job, I think it done an incredibly job at balancing the drama and romance.

I actually predicted the death of X-force because you didn't see much of them past there parachute jump. I saw the shock deaths coming. However I was quite surprised and disappointed they killed off Black Tom. Him and Juggernaut could have made for great antagonists for future Xforce/Deadpool movies.

22. samsnee Ok

Can anyone spoil in detail what the Origins scene is?

23. StarLord < < < < < < <

Deadpool George Lucas' himself into the scene and kills Weapon XI before he fights Wolverine. Shoots him in the head and then a couple more times when he's on the ground.

24. samsnee Ok

25. fobi Registered

What happens to Peter?