Arrow Dinah Laurel Lance/Katie Cassidy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the biggest difference here when compared to Oliver's cheating spree in the comics is that comic book Oliver never cheated on dinah with a member of her own family.

It would almost be like oliver having no qualms with getting back together with laurel in 20 years from now if she had a affair with Oliver's son previously.

Maybe it's just me, but am I the only one that seriously finds something really wrong with this? I mean it'd be one thing if sara wasn't even related to laurel and was just her friend but it just feels wrong when sara is her sister

No, I certainly see what you are saying. Cheating on your significant other with a member of their family is the equivalent of a cardinal sin for me. In real life, I don't see that working, but considering this is the messed up Queen family which has more drama than politics...it doesn't seem out of the realm of normal for Arrow.

I think the biggest difference here when compared to Oliver's cheating spree in the comics is that comic book Oliver never cheated on dinah with a member of her own family.

It would almost be like oliver having no qualms with getting back together with laurel in 20 years from now if she had a affair with Oliver's son previously.

Maybe it's just me, but am I the only one that seriously finds something really wrong with this? I mean it'd be one thing if sara wasn't even related to laurel and was just her friend but it just feels wrong when sara is her sister

It's strange IRL however from what I read on another board about the Vampire Diaries and the Originals(neither of which I watch) it is tame for the CW.

I am really getting that feeling that Sara will die in the next episode. Just a feeling, but the writers almost seem to be setting that up in the last episode.

I think they are setting up Laurel to be "Manhunter". Now that Kate Spencer is dead, Laurel will become the DA. And I don't think Sara is going to die. She has officially taken up the title of "Canary" and has just started on her own hero journey. And did anyone hear the canary chirp when Sara saves the kid and comes out of the burning building, because I did.

If they go with the plan of Dinah Laurel becoming Manhunter.

I don't think they invested so much into Sarah being the Black Canary just to have her die in the season finale.

If anything I can see them "killing" Sara off, having Laurel becoming BC then bringing Sara back AGAIN and having her be White Canary.

It's strange IRL however from what I read on another board about the Vampire Diaries and the Originals(neither of which I watch) it is tame for the CW.

Really? Wow, I'm actually now grateful that it never got as bad for Superman in the "Smallville" series.

Well yeah in TVD, Elena is in love with 2 brothers, 1 of which has tried to kill every friend she has including her family and yet she continues to get with him even. And she dated both of them but no bats an eyelash at it.

Love is a *****, and sometimes to observers it makes no sense. Aslong as it makes sense to the people involved who are we to judge. Oliver is a man ****e and that's just who he is or was and anyone who gets involved with him just has to accept it.

If anything I can see them "killing" Sara off, having Laurel becoming BC then bringing Sara back AGAIN and having her be White Canary.

That could be cool.Then after coming back to life she can say "Canary?That's what they used to call me.Now,I'm Canary the White.":awesome:

That could be cool.Then after coming back to life she can say "Canary?That's what they used to call me.Now,I'm Canary the White.":awesome:

by the way, what does this show have against
using colors as adjectives? ;_; I want BLACK
Canary and GREEN Arrow already. The blur

At the same time, Laurel has an emotional scene in here that I think – for the people who are fans of Laurel – they’re going to get their money’s worth in this finale. It really is a finale of people embracing their destiny, and really making big and conscious choices of who they want to be, and what they’re willing to do for Oliver, and what they’re willing to do to save the city. It’s really exciting to have gotten to this point in the series, because so many of the things we’re doing in this last episode are things that we talked about doing back when we had the pilot. Greg, Marc, and I, and Geoff Johns, had conversations about “hey, wouldn’t it be great if one day we did this?” And we’re finally at “one day,” and this stuff is finally happening.

Andrew Kreisberg's interview with GreenArrowTV
http://www.greenarrowtv.com/interview-ep-andrew-kreisberg-previews-arrows-unthinkable-season-finale/17757

A notable Quote
It refers to just about everybody in the show. Everyone is really faced with a choice about who they’re going to be, and for Oliver, all season long, it’s been a question of “am I a hero or am I a killer?” For Thea, she’s certainly presented with two paths before her. “Am I Oliver’s sister, or am I Malcolm’s daughter?” Sara, “Am I the Black Canary, or am I one of Ra’s al Ghul’s minions?”

Has anyone noticed how this she has become. She really looks annorexic. I'm pretty sure her dresser knows this and that's the reason why she's wearing long coats, oversized clothing.

Has anyone noticed how this she has become. She really looks annorexic. I'm pretty sure her dresser knows this and that's the reason why she's wearing long coats, oversized clothing.

I'm guessing you're not on the later episodes where you live. She's currently much healthier-looking. From what I can tell, Katie Cassidy really is a method actor. Thus....

she gained her weight back
Katie-Cassidy-in-bikini-in-Miami--38.jpg

If that's gained her weight back
OMG
That girls a stick

I mean I know current taste is away from curves,but.

She's a pretty girl.
She was my favorite Ruby on Supernatural .

She needs a trainer for some mass, which they won't do

OMG
That girls a stick

She's a pretty girl.

she fine you don’t want her to look like this
women_bodybuilder_trainwreck_21_1_.jpg

tumblr_n5kytybxPB1r6ukgfo1_500.jpg

Woke up on the floor yesterday after fainting. Bashed my head. This is all I have to show for it?? Damnit! Could have made for a good bar fight story!

OMG
That girls a stick

She's a pretty girl.

She is far from a stick, she probably weighs more than most actresses in hollywood.

The next step was taken tonight, for those of us that don't want to see it I think we are going to have to accept it.

TOLD YOU SO haters!! :woot:

KC will be the Black Canary, the producers were not lying, just admit you were irrational despite the evidence:

As for what this means for Laurel, Kreisberg says, "Everyone knows that Laurel Lance is the Black Canary. That's the way it is in the comic books, but how we get from A to B is the story of our show. In the same way that Oliver, when we meet him, is the vigilante, but this season he's going to becoming the Arrow, that's the step of his journey to eventually becoming the Green Arrow. Laurel Lance right now is a lawyer with a lot of heart and a lot of humanity and courage. But it takes more than that to put on the mask and go out and fight crime. Our series is the evolution of that. People will see how Caity Lotz fits into Laurel's journey along the way. For us, it's very emotional and surprising and exciting. I would say to everybody, we haven't let you down so far. Keep going on this ride with us."
http://www.tvguide.com/news/exclusive-arrow-boss-1068064.aspx

Noting that it took Oliver five years to turn himself from bad boy billionaire into a killing machine, Guggenheim stressed that Laurel’s corresponding conversion to Black Canary “has to be earned, it has to be real.” (Same goes for Roy Harper/Speedy.) “The inciting incidents have to have dramatic reality to them,” he stressed. “We don’t want to disservice Laurel or Oliver by saying she could have a bad day, put on fishnets and start killing people.”
http://tvline.com/2013/03/09/arrow-season-1-spoilers-paleyfest/

TVLINE | That’s good to hear, because one of my questions was how you planned to make Laurel relevant to this next wave of storytelling

Andrew Kreisberg: You know, it’s been somewhat hard, I think, for Katie and us to hear some of the criticisms of her character because we don’t do anything without thinking about it. And one of the great things about having as much success as we had in Season 1 was the freedom to allow things to unfold the way that they should. We’ve always had a fantastic plan for Laurel’s character, and I know that there’s impatience out there in the world to see her “strap on the fish nets” [as Black Canary] but everything we’re doing is all about leading up to that in a the way that we feel keeps it the most realistic and grounded. To take somebody who is a public interest lawyer and turned her into a super hero… you have to go through the paces. So this season we’ve really been putting her through her paces.

http://tvline.com/2014/01/14/arrow-season-2-spoilers-oliver-versus-slade-laurel-felicity-diggle/

:word:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back