Don't Hate The Hater, Hate The Hate! - - - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
LEGO are produced with high quality in mind, so that even your bricks from 1958 will snap together with the ones made today. I too wish they were less expensive but I'd choose pricey LEGO over the knockoff brands that don't offer the same value.

This is very true. At least when you buy Lego, you know you're getting a darn good product. I recall watching a documentary on the Lego factory and their quality control standards are amazing.

Amen! I started collecting again a couple of years ago after a long break and it's pretty pricey.
Anita18 said:
I was just thinking that. I don't think LEGOs were that expensive when I was a kid...
But wait here's the kicker, today I went to a Toys'R'Us just to compare prices on the same sets I bought at Target and they were slightly a bit more.

But oh no you're probably thinking TRU has them for 1 or 2 dollars more, nope the difference in price was 15 DOLLARS!!! yep that's right 15 dollars more.

JESUS 'EFFIN CHRIST!

That price diff is ridiculous markup.

That's crazy! I'll definitely be sure to shop around in future.

But wait here's the kicker, today I went to a Toys'R'Us just to compare prices on the same sets I bought at Target and they were slightly a bit more.

But oh no you're probably thinking TRU has them for 1 or 2 dollars more, nope the difference in price was 15 DOLLARS!!! yep that's right 15 dollars more.
"Good fo' business, my pockets before the consumer's"

Disturbing policy

The one thing I hate more than when children that are undisciplined and disrespectful is when parents refuse to discipline their children despite several complaints and blatant examples of misbehavior in public or in front of company.

The one thing I hate more than when children that are undisciplined and disrespectful is when parents refuse to discipline their children despite several complaints and blatant examples of misbehavior in public or in front of company.

I'm a big fan of this.

It's a cycle. Awful parents > awful children who grow up to be awful parents

I see it at work incessantly.

Disneyland.
I have friends who worked at Disneyland and from their stories, even full-grown adults turn into tantrum-y 5-year-olds when they cross that gate. :funny:

I have friends who worked at Disneyland and from their stories, even full-grown adults turn into tantrum-y 5-year-olds when they cross that gate. :funny:

I believe it! Last time I was there a woman ran her kid's stroller into the back of my leg and then yelled at me for...I guess standing? I let it pass because she was probably stressed out of her mind and really, who wants to have a screaming match at Disneyland? But basically, yeah some folks find it hard to keep their heads no matter what age they are.

I hate that depression never really goes away for some people.

I hate that my manager gives me a hard time about not being nice to anyone. I'm there to work not to socialize.

I hate that my manager gives me a hard time about not being nice to anyone. I'm there to work not to socialize.
Being nice to people is always good for business, and work environment

I've found that it doesn't matter what the job is, you can be cleaning out sewers for a living or something, as long as you work with good people it'll be a good place to work. By that same token, you can have the greatest job of all time but if you have one jerk for a co-worker it makes for a miserable shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"