Don't Hate The Hater, Hate The Hate! - - - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I got tired of working retail, I found a job with no customer interaction. I load trucks at UPS. Finding any kind of warehouse, stockroom, or late night job would work. Find a retail store who needs people sorting stuff in the back room, or a grocery store who needs people to stock the shelves in the middle of the night. You do your job, rarely have to interact with anyone else (at least after they're done training you), and there are no customers.

Pretty much. I work retail and I had an old employee come back to work recently and they're like "Yeah the other job just had be doing filing and some data entry in some office all day. No one to talk to or anything. It was boring." I was like "TELL ME WHERE THIS JOB IS!"

I hate how everytime my older brother asks for something from my mom, and she says no because it puts her at an incredible disadvantage, he gets mad and why like a little baby to the point where she feels bad for him and caves in, yet when I do something small wrong, she goes telling everyone I'm the worst son ever.

I hate feeling that all this exercising and calorie counting I've been doing for the past 3 weeks may not be working.

Give it time Pyro, sometimes results are slow to show but you will notice a difference. Have you been taking progress pictures? If you haven't I highly recommend it, easiest way to notice the changes.

Also, on an unrelated note:

I hate fans who think they're more entitled to be a fan of something than anyone else. You can be a big fan of something a not be as ass about it.

I hate fans who think they're more entitled to be a fan of something than anyone else. You can be a big fan of something a not be as ass about it.
Guilty. :(

I think I mentioned a while ago how a bunch of my friends recently got into the show How I Met Your Mother, and how I had been a fan of that for years. But I was mostly mad because it was really a Flavor of the Week kind of thing where one person started getting into it and suddenly everybody jumped on the bandwagon when they started watching it. But of course, that's just part of the bigger issue that I have with my friends altogether.

Guilty. :(

I think I mentioned a while ago how a bunch of my friends recently got into the show How I Met Your Mother, and how I had been a fan of that for years. But I was mostly mad because it was really a Flavor of the Week kind of thing where one person started getting into it and suddenly everybody jumped on the bandwagon when they started watching it. But of course, that's just part of the bigger issue that I have with my friends altogether.

I don't actually hate it, I just use that terminology because it's the theme of the thread. I do think it's a little...I don't know? Petty maybe? I'm not sure that's the right word. For example, my girlfriend likes pirates a lot and after Pirates of the Caribbean came out millions of people decided they like pirates as well.

So here's my way of thinking: I'm a fan of a thing and I like it a lot. Let's say, The Avengers. I enjoy the comics and at one time I even bought action figures. Now there's a cool cartoon out and a massively successful movie and a great many more people are fans of the Avengers than there were previously. To me, this is a positive. More Avengers merchandise? More movies, more comics? Awesome! As a fan I'm getting more of the thing I love because more people are interested.

I guess I just have a hard time understanding the feeling of a thing someone didn't create themselves being more 'theirs' than someone else's. Like with your friends who jumped on How I Met Your Mother...isn't it better now that you can talk about and enjoy it together? Not to mention feeling some sort of vindication that you said for years how good it was and they've finally caught on! :D

I hate feeling that all this exercising and calorie counting I've been doing for the past 3 weeks may not be working.
I don't really know what you're doing for exercise, but you may be building muscle, so you won't be losing any noticeable weight for at least 6-8 weeks.

I guess I just have a hard time understanding the feeling of a thing someone didn't create themselves being more 'theirs' than someone else's. Like with your friends who jumped on How I Met Your Mother...isn't it better now that you can talk about and enjoy it together? Not to mention feeling some sort of vindication that you said for years how good it was and they've finally caught on! :D
Well this is why I said it was part of a bigger issue, because I had tried talking to a few people about it earlier on, and they didn't seem interested, but now they all freak out whenever they see something posted on facebook that's related to it. And even then, I still try to join the convo, but I don't get any responses. The bigger issue is that I've felt a bit alienated ever since I graduated and didn't see them as much, and the fact that they all love the show now really bothers me because I liked it first, but since no one seemed to care, it makes it look like I jumped on the bandwagon recently too. Not to mention, this is the only thing that they've all jumped on recently.

If anything, I get upset because it feels like its a fad, where one person does it and now everyone joins in, whereas I like it because I chose to on my own, if that makes any sense. I've just always been against doing something simply because you're following the tide.

That makes sense. It sounds like your friends are buttheads anyway, but I can kind of get being annoyed at people for just following something to be cool. A thing should be liked because the person genuinely likes it, not because they're trying to impress someone else.

That makes sense. It sounds like your friends are buttheads anyway, but I can kind of get being annoyed at people for just following something to be cool. A thing should be liked because the person genuinely likes it, not because they're trying to impress someone else.
Yeah, I have this one friend who broke up with his girlfriend over the summer and he started hanging around me more because he saw how I didn't follow others, which is what he said caused him to cheat on her, since his best friend was constantly hitting on girls with him. He wanted to change and he would always come to me for advice, but once the semester started and he started seeing her more often, since we all ran with the same crowd, I noticed he was started to follow the things that he knew she liked. That really bothered me because I was trying to help him be himself, but he was still intent on being who he thought others wanted him to be.

I don't really know what you're doing for exercise, but you may be building muscle, so you won't be losing any noticeable weight for at least 6-8 weeks.
40 minutes of walking (inside because of the cold), 20 push-ups, 70 push-ups on the knees, 50 push-ups against the wall, 60 - 70 jumping jacks, 20 squats, and because I don't have weights I just lift my guitar amp (100 on the right hand and 100 on the left hand).

Yup, I was suspecting the same.

You know how sometimes you could be looking at a puzzle for hours and not figure it out, but someone walks up and figures it out almost immediately? It's probably because you've spent so long with the puzzle that you've gotten too close to see how it fits together.

What I'm trying to say (in the form of a confusing metaphor) is that sometimes you might not notice your own progress as much as another person will.

I hate the flimsy blu ray cases the single Bond movies come packaged in. :cmad:

Depends on your build too. I'm lifting 5x as much weight as I started, but I have gained....0 lbs. :funny:

Either way, you'll be healthier if you eat better and exercise! So screw that scale! :awesome:

i hate that i sleep deeper in naps than i do in sleep
How is that possible? :wow: Hope you find a solution soon.
I hate that the urinal I just used looked like it had a goatee, there was some much hair on it.

:barf:
Which reminds me, I don't understand that big trough urinals. It seems to invite the idea of men cross-streaming and glancing at the others Johnson. Although, I think it may make a great waterfall sound effect.

I hate Ted Moseby. He can't be fully content with his job as an architect. No he has to design a building that can be a part of the NY skyline. George Costanza would kill to just have his job.

I hate Ted Moseby. He can't be fully content with his job as an architect. No he has to design a building that can be a part of the NY skyline. George Costanza would kill to just have his job.
I like Teddy Westside. :(

Teddy Westside sucks. They shoulda called the show "Being Awesome: The Barney Stinson story."

Main character from the show "How I met your Mother."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back