Don't Hate The Hater, Hate The Hate! - - - - Part 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to shave the head. Might as well start now, rather than trying to cover it up for years.
I feel like its still pretty minimal at this point, so there's no cause for panic and others probably wouldn't notice. I only mention it because I've always been self-conscious about my hair. Not to mention, where I live, just about every hispanic male that I see has the same low cut hairstyle, and I've never liked the look on myself.

I hate my classmates in my Contemporary Cinema class. Today we had to turn in a book report on either a book about movies, or a biography on someone involved with movies. The **** these people let dribble out of their stupid ****ing heads almost made me pass out. One girl did a report on Guillermo Del Toro. The instructor asked her to name some of his film for the class. She said "Ummm I think he created Blade and I think he made that movie Mama." Not too big a deal, but it got better. Another student did a report on Robert Wagner. She said "He was in that really old, stupid Austin Powers movie, I think." Is Austin Powers considered old now? The sound of my facepalming could have shattered the windows in that room. Finally, and this one takes the cake, a woman in her late 40's (that thinks she's in her early 20's) had the guts to tell the instructor how pissed off she was that she had to pay attention in class today. We were covering some stuff for our final and she was angry about it. Pardon the rant, but sweet Jesus I can't take too much more of that. Community College folks, you get what you pay for I guess.

I hate my classmates in my Contemporary Cinema class. Today we had to turn in a book report on either a book about movies, or a biography on someone involved with movies. The **** these people let dribble out of their stupid ****ing heads almost made me pass out. One girl did a report on Guillermo Del Toro. The instructor asked her to name some of his film for the class. She said "Ummm I think he created Blade and I think he made that movie Mama." Not too big a deal, but it got better. Another student did a report on Robert Wagner. She said "He was in that really old, stupid Austin Powers movie, I think." Is Austin Powers considered old now? The sound of my facepalming could have shattered the windows in that room. Finally, and this one takes the cake, a woman in her late 40's (that thinks she's in her early 20's) had the guts to tell the instructor how pissed off she was that she had to pay attention in class today. We were covering some stuff for our final and she was angry about it. Pardon the rant, but sweet Jesus I can't take too much more of that. Community College folks, you get what you pay for I guess.

I would not have been able to sit there and not correct all these people.

I always hated any film related classes and clubs because these people are either idiots who think it's an easy course or just think they're above it and like throwing around words like schadenfreude for no real reason other than to seem more intelligent.

That reminds me of a story I heard on a podcast about how this guy was having dinner with his girlfriend at a restaurant and overheard a guy in the table next to him butchering the origin of Two-Face. It was very hard for him to not jump out of the seat and call the guy out on how wrong he was.

That reminds me of a story I heard on a podcast about how this guy was having dinner with his girlfriend at a restaurant and overheard a guy in the table next to him butchering the origin of Two-Face. It was very hard for him to not jump out of the seat and call the guy out on how wrong he was.

It reminds me of many years ago when I worked part time at a video store....I was there mainly because I loved movies and got to watch anything for free....but listening to others explain a movie (wrongly) or talk about some actor's career (again, wrongly) drove me nuts.

I would not have been able to sit there and not correct all these people.

I always hated any film related classes and clubs because these people are either idiots who think it's an easy course or just think they're above it and like throwing around words like schadenfreude for no real reason other than to seem more intelligent.

It reminds me of many years ago when I worked part time at a video store....I was there mainly because I loved movies and got to watch anything for free....but listening to others explain a movie (wrongly) or talk about some actor's career (again, wrongly) drove me nuts.

I've been dealing with that kind of crap all semester long. ET was described by one student as "that ****ing gay movie with that ******ed alien." You're right Darth, they think it's just a class where you watch movies and then go home. I'm studying cinema because of an honest love of the craft and there are just morons everywhere.

Yeah, the proper way to describe ET is "That homoerotic movie about a boy and his mentally disabled alien friend with the glowing finger."

I've been dealing with that kind of crap all semester long. ET was described by one student as "that ****ing gay movie with that ******ed alien." You're right Darth, they think it's just a class where you watch movies and then go home. I'm studying cinema because of an honest love of the craft and there are just morons everywhere.

I remember my cinematography class in high school. It was filled with idiots who hated the fact that it was actually work. We had to write papers and essays and did script writing. They literally thought they were going to watch Terminator 2 and take a test on it with questions like "Who is the main character?" or some ****.

Then, there was an after school film club. We saw Eternal Sunshine and the pretentious garbage that flowed from their mouths was just awe worthy.

Yeah, the proper way to describe ET is "That homoerotic movie about a boy and his mentally disabled alien friend with the glowing finger."

:lmao:

I hate when people do that. I took a History of the Cinema class because I was thinking of doing a Mass Communications minor and needed it, and since it was the first part of the class, we spent the semester learning about the camera and studying the first films ever made, so it was a lot of black and white, silent films, and people were complaining because we weren't watching "cool" movies. :doh:
:lmao:

i nearly spit my juice out when I read this.

I also hate people that text you and then don't text back, especially when their first text is a question. Texting me "Hey how are you" or "You wanna hang out" and then not replying to any text's or calls after that is just the ****ing worst. I don't know if it's just me that has to deal with this phenomenon and I need better friends, or if any of you have had to deal with this, but I mother****ing hate it

I also hate people that text you and then don't text back, especially when their first text is a question. Texting me "Hey how are you" or "You wanna hang out" and then not replying to any text's or calls after that is just the ****ing worst. I don't know if it's just me that has to deal with this phenomenon and I need better friends, or if any of you have had to deal with this, but I mother****ing hate it

I do that to people and people do that to me. Mostly, I just forget to text back.

I happen to do it a lot, but it's because I need my phone on silent around 8pm-2am. Sometimes people will have texted me earlier in the night, and now it's too late to respond, so I just don't. And of course, I forget the next day.

**** happens. I can't respond all the time.

Yeah, people have s**t to do.

Not their fault you have time to sit starring at your phone.....waiting with baited antici....

I happen to do it a lot, but it's because I need my phone on silent around 8pm-2am. Sometimes people will have texted me earlier in the night, and now it's too late to respond, so I just don't. And of course, I forget the next day.

**** happens. I can't respond all the time.

Yes. This. I keep my phone on silent at work and usually forget to turn back on the ringer. I tend to charge it once I get home and since believe it or not, I'm not in my room the whole time I don't hear it.

If you wanted an immediate response, maybe you should've called. :o

I hate the fact that my friends say I never hang out. Here's the thing, they're never home and they're always busy. ****, these people live a 10 minute walk away from me. It's not that hard to hang with me if you really wanted to.

I definitely had this happen to me and while I can because the phone is one silent, I've had different experiences. In fact, there was this one instance where a close friend of mine was known for doing this to me, where she'd text me and after I would respond, I wouldn't hear back from for hours, maybe even days if not at all. But then one day I texted her asking how she's been and she didn't reply until early the next morning. I was still asleep but I heard the phone and looked at the message before going back to sleep. I completely forgot about it, but then she flipped out on me later that night. Needless to say we no longer speak.

I don't have a cell phone.

I could actually live without the phone part.

You know, now that I think about it, I don't really use my cellphone all that much.

It's pretty easy. Don't get me wrong, I will get one once I know which country I'll be living in, but for the last 18-24 months I haven't had a cell phone and it's not been an issue. If someone wants to speak to me they can call the house, call my girlfriend, send me a message online. If I'm out, I use a payphone.

That said, I really don't get all that much use out of them to begin with. A text here or there, a phone call once in a blue moon. Something like an iPhone would be totally useless in my hands. All I need it to do is text, make calls and maybe tell me the time.

Last edited:
No music? Internet surfing? Killing zombies with a slash of your finger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"