The Force Awakens Episode VII Music Composer?

No way to that, have some themes, but no re-hashing, it would come of cheap/lazy. Michael Giacchino is seriously John Williams reborn. You need new music, for new characters, situations, it is the emotion of a film, not just filler in the background.

Exactly. Not sure why people just want the same old stuff again and again.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&hl=en&client=mv-google&rl=yes&feature=fvwrel&v=VuQF-0jw1wU

How does everyone feel aboul Elliot Goldenthal?

I think replacing Williams will be a thankless task indeed. I like the score to Superman Returns, but every note just says "It's missing the Williams!" But if it must be someone else, I'd rather it errs on the side of bombast than being "too soft"

That would be an interesting choice. Whoever they get will have to walk the tightrope of doing something that pays it's dues to Williams and be something familiar enough that it fits the universe while still being distinct and new and not a copy of the previous work. Because you're never going to outdo John Williams.

The whole question of creating something fitting and familiar but also distinctively new and having it be dramatically effective definitely point's to Giacchino, who did fantastic work incorporating the classic Star Trek theme into his very moving score for the 09 film. Even if they don't hire Giocchino himself, that score is definitely indicative of what needs to be done.

Who did the Prometheus score? Dunno if it would fit Star Wars, but I thought the main them was pretty damn good and made me think about discovery, belief and finding out new things.

Something like that would fit a movie like A New Hope more actually, lol.

The overall score was done by Streitenfeld, but the main theme that was pheard several times was done by Harry Gregson-Williams, who's one of my top picks for the new composer.

The whole question of creating something fitting and familiar but also distinctively new and having it be dramatically effective definitely point's to Giacchino, who did fantastic work incorporating the classic Star Trek theme into his very moving score for the 09 film. Even if they don't hire Giocchino himself, that score is definitely indicative of what needs to be done.

100% agreed.

Don Davis. He did a really good job taking over scoring responsibilities from Williams with Jurassic Park III. In fact, Davis was handpicked for that job by Williams himself. He also did a really good job scoring The Matrix films.

I hated his score for JP3. Anyone who ever touched Williams' themes save for Ottman in SR and McNeeley in SotE has butchered them.

Yeah Michael Giacchino may seem too obvious, but I flipping want him!

If no one's suggested this... then David Arnold (Independence Day, several James Bond films).

Yeah Michael Giacchino may seem too obvious, but I flipping want him!
He scored the soundtrack to the new Star Tours ride. That's sort of a foot in the door right there.

Michale Giaccino's one of my favorite composers working today, he was born for this franchise imo, if not him, than alexander desplat, who thought did the best at channeling john williams in the post-williams harry potter movies. Patrick Doyle would be great too, and Elliot Goldenthal would definitely be interesting, I loved his score for Batman Forever, at least the main theme, way too good for that movie lol.

Hans Zimmer has the best relationship with them but i think Howard Shore would be a great replacement for a Williams

Zimmer has the best relationship with whom?

I don't see why there has to be a replacement of John Williams. He's 80 but he still composes. He did Tintin, War Horse, Lincoln and is attached to Robopocalypse. I don't see a reason for him not to return for Episode 7. I hope he will. Or at least he surely will be involved at some degree.

He only returns for Spielberg or Lucas projects, he don't do other stuff. However, seeing that this is SW, he might make an exception?

Ah, yes, the Pirates films.

Williams can write and leave the composing duties to others (unlikely, but still). Boy, that generation had good genes, eh?

I would, tbh. Imo he's not what he used to be for a long time.

Yeah he for whatever reason stopped being good in the 2000's.

I don't see why there has to be a replacement of John Williams. He's 80 but he still composes. He did Tintin, War Horse, Lincoln and is attached to Robopocalypse. I don't see a reason for him not to return for Episode 7. I hope he will. Or at least he surely will be involved at some degree.

Today John Williams received another Golden Globe nomination (for Lincoln). And you guys tell me he is too old for Episode 7? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"