The Force Awakens Episode VII Music Composer?

Disney for he does the Pirates Movies. I doubt he Williams could do something 3 years from now. But then again look at Christopher Lee.

If Ian McClellen can come back to play magneto in 2014, then John Williams compose Star Wars in 2015.

I think Hans Zimmer can do it. He is perfect for everything he does.

But I do think Williams will be back.

I disagree. Zimmer's sound is too repetitive and simplistic, which the 6 Star Wars films were definitely not. Hans Zimmer does complement TDK Trilogy with ambient, loud, intense arrangements, but they feel extremely outdated when you hear them for the second or third time, and can regard itself as a bit monotone sometimes. Listen to the Jurassic Park soundtrack, a truly splendid score; I keep on listening to it for more everyday.

John Williams > Hans Zimmer IMO

Giacchino, no question.

I say Williams should be back.

If not, I'm with Marvolo's choices. Giacchino and Mansell

If not Giacchino, Howard Shore would be great.
Unconventional choice? Daft Punk. They do mainly electronic music but hear this track from Tron: Legacy.
[YT]TkYspvuoZe0[/YT]

I'd like to see them find someone who isn't, you know, a "known" composer. But I doubt that'll happen.

John Ottman managed to do a good job of mimicking Williams with Superman Returns... maybe that's an option?

I doubt Gianchino would do it, he's Abrams property basically. Which is good, because I find him a bit over-rated.

Wish Jerry Goldsmith was still alive, I'd love to have heard his take on "Wars"...

Bear McCreary likely isn't well known enough to get such a gig, but all his work has been good. Though his BSG stuff was out of the park beyond his more "normal" stuff. But I'd still like to hear his take...

I dunno. Lots of possibilities.

I'd like to see them find someone who isn't, you know, a "known" composer. But I doubt that'll happen.

John Ottman managed to do a good job of mimicking Williams with Superman Returns... maybe that's an option?

I doubt Gianchino would do it, he's Abrams property basically. Which is good, because I find him a bit over-rated.

Wish Jerry Goldsmith was still alive, I'd love to have heard his take on "Wars"...

Bear McCreary likely isn't well known enough to get such a gig, but all his work has been good. Though his BSG stuff was out of the park beyond his more "normal" stuff. But I'd still like to hear his take...

I dunno. Lots of possibilities.

Because The Incredibles, Up, Ratatouille, Speed Racer and John Carter were all JJ Abrams. :dry:

Sounds to me Giacchino is likely to be in Disney's pocket. :D

So yeah Disney, do it. DO IT.

Would really love if they could somehow get Williams back but if not him I feel like they should take a new approach to it like say Daft Punk or something.

Michael Giacchino and David Arnold both have musical styles similar to Williams. Either one of them would be fantastic.

John Ottman is another solid possibility. He did a good job mimicking William's style on the Superman Returns score.

Giacchino ftw. I like Arnold, but not for SW.

David Arnold could work. But I personally would like to hear Joris de Man (Killzone) compose the score for a Star Wars production, even if it's Episode 7.

I want John Williams for at least the first film, and then have Giacchino for the last two films.

I want John Williams for at least the first film, and then have Giacchino for the last two films.

I'd prefer consistancy across the new trilogy. One composer for all three. If William's can't commit to all three then I'd rather not have him.

The great thing about Star Wars music is that whoever takes the reigns has 6 films full of great cues to draw upon. That's not to say the next composer should just rehash everything and not bring anything original, it's just that there are so many essential, iconic Star Wars themes that it'll keep the score feeling firmly grounded in the Star Wars world, regardless of who's composing.

That's certainly true. You've at least got the main titles the Force Theme which are now universal. And Williams wrote a perfectly good requiem in the Prequels to use for funerals and stuff.

I'd prefer consistancy across the new trilogy. One composer for all three. If William's can't commit to all three then I'd rather not have him.

What about a collabo team like Howard and Zimmer from the TDK trilogy? Both could combine their awesome abilities to create something ****ing legendary.

Abrams on board!? This means Giacchino will probably do the music too! The music he did for Star Tours was pretty great (except for the tribal music and the rock number he threw in there), and He's a HUGE fan of Star Wars and John Williams too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"