EVERYTHING Black Panther - Part 3

Discussion in 'Marvel Films' started by Thread Manager, Apr 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cherokeesam

cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

Actually, the AIM Institute is based in Miami, as is made clear in the movie. Killian and Maya have American accents, even if they're British actors (same for Ben Kingsley, same for James Badge Dale). The fact that the NYE99 party was in Bern means nothing --- Tony himself wasn't European; nor was Ho Yinsen. It was an international party. And AIM isn't a defense contractor --- it's a think tank of scientists who rely on private funding for their research into advances in science and technology.

There's still a lot of people who weren't paying attention during IM3....:sigh:

2. MessiahDecoy123

MessiahDecoy123 Psychological Anarchist

bubbadoom,

Well it's obvious Killian worked with the military and sold them exclusive tech.

Only defense contractors do both.

And it doesn't matter if AIM is a national or muti-national entity. The cautionary tale against the defense industry is the same.

Last edited: May 21, 2013
  3. bubbadoom

bubbadoom Well-Known Member

AIM having a facility in the US does not automatically make it a US company - I am sure British Petroleum has holdings in the US...

Did not detect a specific accent for Killian or Maya, but certainly for Trevor.

I did not label AIM a defense contractor...'cause I was paying attention...:cwink:

4. T"Challa

T"Challa Well-Known Member

From Mike Sang, a Cleveland reporter who has been followint Cap 2 production in Cleveland

Don't want to get my hopes up but if this is true..how do u guys thing T'Challa will fit into the story

5. chamber-music

chamber-music Infinity Ammo

Sir Ben Kingsley doesn't have Arab blood. Kingsley is half Pakistani which is southern Asia.

Kevin Feige said Kingsley's Mandarin has drawn from multiple cultures and iconography. His costume and looks draw from Japanese, Chinese, Arab and American icons. They wanted to throw people off.

Last edited: May 21, 2013
  6. bubbadoom

True, AIM refitted Iron Patriot, just like Hammer did with War Machine in IM2 - you would have thought they'd learn their lesson by now...

Making AIM multi-national opens up the entire story, putting it on a global level, which I think in nice.

I do hope Panther is in AVENGERS 2 and then his own film - he has always been one of my favorite Kirby creations and it would be great to see him done properly on the Big Screen...

7. MessiahDecoy123

What was AIM's and Killian's relationship with the military?

Did they offer any technology to the military?

and why did they use military service members for their experiments?

(This should be good)

8. MessiahDecoy123

You expect Kevin Feige to openly admit the Mandarin is directly inspired by Bin Laden?

That's a public relations nightmare for Marvel/Disney considering it was an American who works with the US military pulling the Mandarin's strings.

9. tvor03

tvor03 Well-Known Member

That is awesome! Though, if they decide to go young with Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, I hope they go older with BP. I don't want this to be old superheroes vs. young whipper-snapper superheroes.

10. bubbadoom

The only relationship I recall with AIM and the military was AIM's upgrade on Iron Patriot - which seems more of a plot device to allow Tony to hack their system and learn the Mandarins location.

Did they use military service members or ex-military service members? I believe it was ex, and I would assume it was for both their combat skills and those who had some bitterness towards the US for their war wounds, loss of limbs, etc. - this would make them easy pawns.

good enough?

11. bubbadoom

again, not established but assumed...

12. bubbadoom

I would not want them to go too old with the Panther - it should have been his father [or grandfather] who met Cap in WWII - not the current BP.

13. tvor03

tvor03 Well-Known Member

I don't want BP to be 90. Even a 40 year old can have a grandfather that served in WWII.

14. bubbadoom

sure - somewhere between Cap's and Hawkeye's age...

15. MessiahDecoy123

So there was a relationship with the military which included providing technological weapons for the US military.

Does anyone do this outside of defense contractors?

16. E-Man

E-Man Cooler than your daddy.

It was his father, T'Chaka, who met Cap up until Hudlin changed it. I'd say keep it that way because Hudlin's run was terrible and needs to be forgotten.:BA

17. cherokeesam

cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

Feige *did* admit Mandarin is inspired directly by Bin Laden.

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/iron-man-3-mandarin-origins-explained-164713346.html

18. bubbadoom

You say AIM is a defense contractor...

Cherokeesam says think tank...

How the hell did I get stuck in the middle of this...?

I did not say AIM provided weapons for the military, I said they did the upgrade on Iron Patriot - soft ware I would assume since Tony was hacking AIM later...

19. tvor03

tvor03 Well-Known Member

This issue with that is we are now 70 years removed from WWII. T'Challa would either need to be in his mid-late 50's, or T'Chaka would need to be exceptionally older than T'Challa.

IF they even decide to include that bit of information in the Avengers, that Cap met an earlier BP, it needs to be T'Challa's grandfather, or even great-grandfater if they go young with him.

20. RockSP

RockSP MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

^^Yeah we don't need a rehash of the Iron Man headscratcher.

21. E-Man

E-Man Cooler than your daddy.

The heart shaped herb ages them slowly. That would be a good enough excuse for me.

22. Mr. Dent

Mr. Dent Well-Known Member

I'm starting to think Black Panther won't get a solo movie. His origin works better rolled into another movie's storyline ie Avengers in this case.

23. MessiahDecoy123

I disagree.

A well excuted Black Panther trilogy could be worth a billion dollars in revenue not including dvds, tv rights, toys and other merchandise.

Ant Man would be lucky to have half that value.

For proof look at the Blade trilogy and adjust it for 3D, inflation, market growth, and wider audience (PG-13).

Then add a substantial Avengers boost at the box office. Also consider black people are one of the strongest demographics for blockbusters.

Black Panther is a potential cash cow for Disney. They'd be foolish to squander it.

24. Mr. Dent

Mr. Dent Well-Known Member

No, it just doesn't work well in an expanded universe on its own. Wakanda is an isolated nation and the only way to make it relevant is by showing how they're an old society who has trouble adapting to the present and must allow outsiders to come in. In the original comics it was the FF that served as an engine for this story. The only way to adequately introduce Wakanda and the Panther is through an Avengers film, and if they're going to do that there's not much point in making solo films for the Panther unless he becomes the breakout star of the Avengers film, especially since Panther doesn't really have any notable classic stories on his own and his rogue's gallery is even weaker than Iron Man's.

And your claim that Ant-Man would be lucky to get half of that is completely unfounded and based entirely on bias. Blade is not anything close to Black Panther besides them both having black protagonists, so that comparison is largely irrelevant.

25. Human Torch

Human Torch Well-Known Member

Personally,I think BP would be better served being introduced in an Avengers film.Then,spin him off into his own franchise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.