Fantastic Four reborn! - - Part 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
They would never come out and say that was the reason. You never wanna look that pathetic to the press.

Horn is telling the truth when he says he had nothing to do with it. From all accounts this was Perlmutter's call.

Horn is telling the truth when he says he had nothing to do with it. From all accounts this was Perlmutter's call.

I still side eye Horn for how DC's been for the last 12 years. Had he'd look the other way Vertigo would still flourish (with the original contracts in tact) and we wouldn't have the New 52

Not that I would invest one dime in this upcoming film but...I'd be willing to bet good money that that leaked synopsis is spot on with what we're gonna get. Lord deliver us all. :(

And I disagree with those of you stating this movie will be a "hit" at the box office. One look at this franchise's past confirms this. The Rise Of The Silver Surfer fared worse than the first film--and Tim Story's films were arguably a bit closer to the source material. But even in 2004 and 2007 fans, critics and the public were showing a disdain for FOX's version. By time Trank's s*** hits, it'll be 15 years since the first critically panned FF film dropped. The only momentum at this point is a downward spiral and FOX knows this.

Look guys, the thirst is real. This film is being made for political exercises only. That's it. :down

I hope you are right LS, but I wouldn't but surprised if this thing makes it's budget back. As much as it sounds like something I flushed down the toilet a few minutes ago, I can see people turning out because of the "realism" of it.

I do believe it will bomb, and bomb hard, but there is always that chance the GA will turn this into a decent profit. If they do it's goodbye FF forever.:csad:

If Fox has the same luck next year they had this year it isn't going to bomb.

If Fox has the same luck next year they had this year it isn't going to bomb.

That's the thing: all they need is a decent trailer and people will go and see it. It may not be a hit but as long as they make their budget back, they are happy. Anything more is a bonus. I want this thing to bomb hard buuuuuuuuuuuutttttttttt I get the feeling it won't. All they have to do is "imply" it's in the MCU and people will see it, especially if the Marvel logo is on it.

Lets see some BO numbers:

Fantastic Four: $330,579,719

Rise of the Silver Surfer: $289,047,763

The Incredible Hulk was a flop, it only made $263,427,551

If the budget is around 100m and this reboot makes around 300m, maybe Fox will be satisfied, the production budget will be key in this being a flop or not.

Is there any chance it'll actually be a good movie?
Well 90% of people on here would say no but I'd say yes there is a chance. Will it be a good adaptation? I doubt it.

If the budget is around 100m and this reboot makes around 300m, maybe Fox will be satisfied, the production budget will be key in this being a flop or not.
Yep it all depends on the budget. I mean we know it isn't going to have an X-Men: Days of Future Past budget but I have a hard time believing it's going to be under a 100mil because no matter how cheap it might be it's mighty hard to make one of these films for under 100million.

Last edited:

The reason Fox hired Trank was to make sure he makes it cheap to turn a profit. I doubt this budget is anywhere over $40M.

The reason Fox hired Trank was to make sure he makes it cheap to turn a profit. I doubt this budget is anywhere over $40M.
You are delusional if you think the budget is only 40 million, completely delusional.

If anything, the biggest indicator of success or failure will be its competition. As of right now, it doesn't seem to have anything around it. Generally, August is when summer movies start to die down, but it's right at the beginning of August. It could have some moderately successful staying power due to lack of other options.

Then it will have to be one of the biggest flops ever to fail. If a movie like Dracula Untold can make over 200m (production budget 70m), then this movie should be similar, so unless is one the worst movies ever made, "success" seems guaranteed, with some fanboys dying in the process.

:hehe:

If the movie cost 40 million to make (again I seriously doubt it) fans can indeed prepare for a 100% guaranteed sequel in 2017 and another one a couple of years later.

You are delusional if you think the budget is only 40 million, completely delusional.

Call me whatever you want to but there's a reason why this thing was filmed only in one building in front of a green screen and they hired a guy known for making cheap movies, especially found footage. Chronicles was made with what? $12M and had a return of $60M in the states and is considered a hit. I can see the budget being $50M MAX.

I think it's likely higher than that, but calling someone delusional for saying the film could have a $40 million dollar budget is a bit much. If anything, an argument could be made that trusting the rumored $100 million budget is delusional. Fox is known to lie about their budgets for whatever reason. The last time I followed a Fox film with a $100 million budget it turned out to cost less than that $40 million that you find delusional (that film was Dragonball Evolution, btw). DoFP also allegedly cost less than Fox initially claimed. IIRC, they referred to it as the second most expensive film they'd funded at least once (Avatar being the most expensive). DoFP seems to have cost less than TLS, though. The Fantastic Four was filmed in a tax break haven with very few outdoor shots. The people attached include a Sophomore director, a writer with no film credits, and a cast of respected actors that are not mega stars. Even Dragonball Evolution cast a huge name star (Chow Yun-Fat). It's not that unrealistic that the film could end up costing less than advertised.

Call me whatever you want to but there's a reason why this thing was filmed only in one building in front of a green screen and they hired a guy known for making cheap movies, especially found footage. Chronicles was made with what? $12M and had a return of $60M in the states and is considered a hit. I can see the budget being $50M MAX.
So you think the Star Wars spin-off he was hired to direct will only cost 50 million because he previously directed Chronicle?

Also I'm not claiming that the budget will be 200 million dollars but every studio should be following Fox's lead if they can make a decent looking Superhero movie with five Super powered characters for under 90 million dollars in 2014. If it ends up that the film only cost 40 million I will acknowledge you guys are correct and will be eating a healthy helping of crow.

Last edited:
So you think the Star Wars spin-off he was hired to direct will only cost 50 million because he previously directed Chronicle?

Also I'm not claiming that the budget will be 200 million dollars but every studio should be following Fox's lead if they can make a decent looking Superhero movie with five Super powered characters for under 90 million dollars in 2014. If it ends up that the film only cost 40 million I will acknowledge yoy guys are correct and will be eating a healthy helping of crow.

We don't even know if Trank will ultimately end up on that Star Wars spin off when it eventually comes round. It could just be a ploy by Disney.

And Disney, and even Fox, would be prepared to throw more money on Star Wars than this FFINO movie. FFINO does not have huge sets or expensive actors or anything that requires a huge budget. Fox were prepared to spend more on XM: DOFP, but this production is clearly different in the way it's treated, as everyone can see. Why would Fox even splash out money on this when they don't even really want to make the movie?

Again I have never claimed that the budget would be 200 million dollars but somebody did claim under 40 million.

Again I have never claimed that the budget would be 200 million dollars but somebody did claim under 40 million.

... and nobody claimed you said $200 million, so...

Seriously, though. James Marsters was told that Dragonball Evolution would cost $100 million. It cost less than a third of that. That's a thing that happened. It doesn't mean it's happening this time, but it does mean you shouldn't criticize somebody for thinking Fox could possibly pull that stunt again.

Oh I absolutely believe that it totally came from Marvel. That isn't what I was debating at all. That would be beyond stupid on Fox's part to push to get rid of what is essentially free publicity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"