Fantastic Four reborn! - - - - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
They could spend the majority of the film within the negative zone.

Now that would be pretty awesome. Considering they are introducing the Mole Man and they will be learning to cope with their "disabilities" in the real world, it doesn't seem likely though.

Maybe. I'm just very skeptical at this point that we'll see anything that really looks like the Fantastic Four.

Hopefully I'll be pleasantly suprised.

I get the feeling they will be issued with 'Baxter Institute'/military style test suits for use at the portal site. More of a generic uniform than what we'd consider a hero costume. And those will be adapted once they have their powers.

Given they are obviously trying to distance this as much as they can from the Story's flicks I doubt we will get anything really resembling the traditional comic costumes (Story's 's FF did at least have that).

Might be something along the lines of Grant Morrison's X-Men 'costumes'.

I think for the most part the Story films were pretty faithful. The biggest problem is the scripts were horrible, they used cheap CGI (Reed stretch dancing), and the stories were actually kind of boring.

One thing both the Story films and this reboot don't get is that we could care less about the origin, and the comics didn't either. Yes there's the story arc of Reed trying to cure Ben, and that was fine, but other than that, they spend most of the first film trying to cure their powers, and then in the end after a 2 min fight scene, decide they want to keep them.

As far as Doom, I still remain that Julian McMahon was a great choice. It's not his fault the writing was bad. He is great at playing characters you love to hate, and that's Doom in a nutshell. What's very sad is he said, how much he loved wearing the mask but in both movies they seemed to want him out of the mask for most of the movie.

They didn't utilize the fact that they were a team either. I mean, in ROTS, the climatic battle they give all their powers to Johnny which defeats the purpose of a team super hero movie. I see team based super hero movies to see them work together as a team and use each of their powers combined to defeat the antagonist. Hopefully this movie will do that.

They didn't utilize the fact that they were a team either. I mean, in ROTS, the climatic battle they give all their powers to Johnny which defeats the purpose of a team super hero movie. I see team based super hero movies to see them work together as a team and use each of their powers combined to defeat the antagonist. Hopefully this movie will do that.

:funny: That's because they are the world's lamest superhero team. Watch us stop a traffic jam that we caused! The FF versus.... a ferris wheel! End of the world? Can't someone else just save us? Silver Surfer? Oh wait someone's gotta do something here - okay Johnny - here use our powers.

As far as Doom, I still remain that Julian McMahon was a great choice. It's not his fault the writing was bad. He is great at playing characters you love to hate, and that's Doom in a nutshell. What's very sad is he said, how much he loved wearing the mask but in both movies they seemed to want him out of the mask for most of the movie.

Speaking of good Dooms, Mads Mikkelsen would be an amazing Doom. Seriously.

I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't simply in lab coats....at least as far as Reed, Sue and Victor, and then Ben and Johnny are just there to watch, and get caught up in the whole thing.

I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't simply in lab coats....at least as far as Reed, Sue and Victor, and then Ben and Johnny are just there to watch, and get caught up in the whole thing.

Not just any ordinary lab coats, blue lab coats.

I get the feeling they will be issued with 'Baxter Institute'/military style test suits for use at the portal site. More of a generic uniform than what we'd consider a hero costume. And those will be adapted once they have their powers.

Given they are obviously trying to distance this as much as they can from the Story's flicks I doubt we will get anything really resembling the traditional comic costumes (Story's 's FF did at least have that).

Might be something along the lines of Grant Morrison's X-Men 'costumes'.

This is one area that I'm not a big purist. The uniforms do look a little goofy at times and in some situations.

I'd be fine with something like this:

propperblack.jpg

In blue. But they are a team and they should have a uniform and it should be blue so that it has a similar look to the comics.

I don't like the idea of no uniforms (and I have a feeling that may be what we'll get since the film-makers seem determined to not make this a 'superhero film'), but I'm okay with, and might even prefer a logical, practical modification.

Why blue? they aren't the Fantastic Four at that point...and apparently not at all in this movie. :cwink:

Now you're starting to sound like one of us bitter, snarky old-timers. I thought you were the one I could count on to roll with the punches. :funny:

Well, if people would quit reminding me of the quotes from the writers and actors....and just let my old age forget those things, I would be a much happier person. :)

So I just popped into a TMNT thread on another message board. Previously people were raging against it now they're all looking forward to it since more clips have been released.

Just goes to show how perception can change once (more) footage release :funny:

So I just popped into a TMNT thread on another message board. Previously people were raging against it now they're all looking forward to it since more clips have been released.

The film's appeal to long time TMNT fans took a turn for the better when Michael Bay backed off his original idea of stripping the "M" from the team and giving them an "A" for Alien. There's no indication that Kinberg and his team are giving fans of the classic team what they want. You know, something like that non-serious, non-grounded, found-family, space-faring movie currently sitting at 100% on RT.

That movie looks incredibly, incredibly dumb.

Really? So why is the Academy Award called "Best Costume Design" rather than "Best Wardrobe Design"?

A 'costume' is something someone wears to look like someone else. Everybody in a film is pretending to be someone else and the clothes that are either bought or made are designed to fit that character and is that character's costume (be it the clothes in 'West Side Story' or 'Dangerous Liaisons' - the fact that styles vary drastically from one film to another doesn't make some costumes and some wardrobe, different characters and different settings will have drastically different costumes). You can call them 'costumes' or you can call them 'wardrobe' - either term is correct - but the use of one word over the other certainly doesn't imply any particular design.

The costumes will be what the director and designers feel fit the characters and the director's vision.
Have you actually seen the kind of costumes nominated at the Academy Awards?
They are never everyday wear because taht's too easy and basic for any designers to win an award for. They're almost always period pieces, from 16th century to the 1920s-1980s eras, or they're fantasy and sci-fi based.

You will find the most people who work on movies really only refer to them as costumes in the more fantastical and/or periodic pieces like the Lord of the Ring series, or anything in the MCU as opposed to something like Bad Neighbors or 21 Jump Street.

You can't compare the two I say. Michael Bay & the Studio at least listened to fans after that original script leaked. Unlike fox & this one hit wonder director & this crap in name only movie

You can't compare the two I say. Michael Bay & the Studio at least listened to fans after that original script leaked. Unlike fox & this one hit wonder director & this crap in name only movie

Not sure if trolling or not : s

As someone who followed production & read that crap script nope

Have you actually seen the kind of costumes nominated at the Academy Awards?
They are never everyday wear because taht's too easy and basic for any designers to win an award for. They're almost always period pieces, from 16th century to the 1920s-1980s eras, or they're fantasy and sci-fi based.

You will find the most people who work on movies really only refer to them as costumes in the more fantastical and/or periodic pieces like the Lord of the Ring series, or anything in the MCU as opposed to something like Bad Neighbors or 21 Jump Street.

Obviously the most creative designs will win the award, but that doesn't mean the simpler costumes for characters that don't live in Elizabethan times cease to be costumes.

But let's not get hung up on semantics. Let's go back to the real point.

Kinberg said: "I don’t actually know the answer to that. I don’t know what the plans are for the publicity. We start shooting in two, three weeks. I went to Baton Rouge the day before yesterday. I go back there tomorrow. We have the cast. We have the costumes."

What can we really infer from that statement? Can we logically infer that the four will have matching tight-fitting blue uniforms with a black 4 on a white background in the center of the chest, gloves, booties and shorts that go over the basic uniform . . . or can we infer the characters won't be naked?

Anyone who chooses to infer the former is free to do so. I choose to (based on that comment and everything else I've seen) infer the latter and nothing more.

While not as detailed a description as how you described the costumes, yes, I read it as they have costumes, not just wardrobe. Of all things to bring up, why bring up costumes. It's too out of the blue for it to not have any merit.

Otherwise he would have just said "Sets built!"

Not sure why that is hilarious, but sure....if the footage is really good, then of course it would change perception. Haven't seen that footage yet for this particular project, so to say that it will be great or horrible is pure speculation. Speculation makes the Hype go around.... :yay:

You really come off like those of us who question the direction of this movie have invalid points. It's okay to like the direction of this movie. It's okay to no like the direction of this movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"