Fantastic Four reborn! - - Part 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I explicitly wrote that I'm not saying that they should release a teaser. :whatever:

Who are these people expecting a teaser? Most just want to see well anything.

That's the straw man people use when they want to pretend there's nothing unusual about this production.

We say: Why no logo? Why no cast or set photos? Why have we not heard one single word from the director since production began? Why nothing at all 7 months before release?

And they respond: It's not strange that we don't have a trailer yet. :huh:

My hope is that they don't even use the usual Marvel intro for the movie. Let Trank totally redo it until it doesn't even look like a Marvel anything including the F4. If he isn't going to respect anything from the comics, then don't use ANYTHING from the comics at all.

Yeah just have Trank rename it "The Chronicles or Chronicle" and then I'm might possibly rent it.

they'll totally slap the marvel logo in there somewhere in a desperate attempt to validate their interpretation

Well duh. They paid for the licensing rights and it's using the name of the property. They're not going to not use it because some people on the internet are complaining.

Yeah just have Trank rename it "The Chronicles or Chronicle" and then I'm might possibly rent it.

I'm sure that knowledge is keeping them up at night.

Last edited:
Well duh. They paid for the licensing rights and it's using the name of the property. They're not going to not use it because some people on the internet are complaining.

I'm sure that knowledge is keeping them up at night.

No one said they shouldn't use it for that reason. They are saying that they shouldn't use the name because it isn't an F4 movie.

I hope it is a good movie for you and your fav actor, I really do, I hope you enjoy it, but please remember where you are posting. You are posting on a forum where the fan of the comic book itself reigns supreme. I learned to respect that aspect of the hype a long time ago.

And it isn't "some" people...it is the people that sit their butts down multiple times for each movie because it is a great adaptation of their fav comic book heroes.

If it comes out and ALL OF WHAT WE HAVE HEARD AND SEEN HAS BEEN ONE BIG LIE.....AND IT ENDS UP BEING A FANTASTIC ADAPTATION OF THE F4 COMICS, then I can assure you those same people will be much more excited than you are.

They are saying that they shouldn't use the name because it isn't an F4 movie.

Then those people are hyperbolic complainers.

I hope it is a good movie for you and your fav actor, I really do, I hope you enjoy it, but please remember where you are posting.

Nah, I know where I'm posting I just don't put the grandiose sense of importance some of y'all seem to. I don't care about that "Comic books reign supreme!" nonsense or any of that. As long as it's a good movie I'm fine.

Some people on here just put way too much value on unimportant stuff and it's really funny.

That's all I got to say though on that. Peace.

I think perhaps you missed the point of the post while levelling your own hyperbole at those you disagree with.

Nah, I know where I'm posting I just don't put the grandiose sense of importance some of y'all seem to. I don't care about that "Comic books reign supreme!" nonsense or any of that. As long as it's a good movie I'm fine.

Some people on here just put way too much value on unimportant stuff and it's really funny.

Finally, someone gets it.

Empire article was just the synopsis and Kebbel's Doom comments.

eM5Xqd8.gif

That's the straw man people use when they want to pretend there's nothing unusual about this production.

We say: Why no logo? Why no cast or set photos? Why have we not heard one single word from the director since production began? Why nothing at all 7 months before release?

Happens every time when the cold hard reality starts to set in.

Strawmen and moving goal posts. Every time.

Wow. This was so super pretentious that I almost forgot I was reading it from a guy with the name MBJ and a comic book movie avatar on a comic book movie message board.

I bet you don't even own a tv and only read greek poetry by candlelight too right?

...if you don't have any interest in this movie resembling a Fantastic Four comic in some way, you really shouldn't even be interested in seeing a Fantastic Four movie. I swear, the "positive" posters are the most questionable posters in the whole forum. Why on Earth are you even interested if you don't like the Fantastic Four in the first place? The "negative" fans are, at least, legitimate Fantastic Four fans. I can get liking the cast, sure (there's some great talent involved), but most of them have other projects in the works that sound a whole helluva lot better than this.

Comic books don't reign supreme. But we're talking about one of the most historic comic book brands ever here. This is the Fantastic Four, with 60 years of history. They kick started the golden age of comics for Marvel.

No one is asking for 100% comic accuracy. I think we all know that movie adaptations don't work like that.

But it is clear that this project and everyone involved has a distinct lack of respect for the source material and the rich history of the F4.

To that i say... why not just create something completely original instead of crapping on one of the oldest and most respected comic book properties around? At the end of the day a Fantastic Four movie wouldn't even be viable if it wasn't for the comics.

Jack Kirby will be rolling in his grave.

Comic books don't reign supreme. But we're talking about one of the most historic comic book brands ever here. This is the Fantastic Four, with 60 years of history. They kick started the golden age of comics for Marvel.

No one is asking for 100% comic accuracy. I think we all know that movie adaptations don't work like that.

But it is clear that this project and everyone involved has a distinct lack of respect in the source material and the rich history of the F4.

To that i say... why not just create something completely original instead of crapping on one of the oldest and most respected comic book properties around?

Because then you have the uphill battle of not having huge branding and a "name" on your product.

Even the general public know the name Fantastic Four when they hear it. And if you throw enough cheap cg spectacle at them with that name and even the possibility of the Marvel brand on top, and it tricks them into potentially buying a ticket.

For uncreative people not willing to care about the source and not willing to put any effort in their adaptation, that's all they really need.

...if you don't have any interest in this movie resembling a Fantastic Four comic in some way, you really shouldn't even be interested in seeing a Fantastic Four movie. I swear, the "positive" posters are the most questionable posters in the whole forum. Why on Earth are you even interested if you don't like the Fantastic Four in the first place? The "negative" fans are, at least, legitimate Fantastic Four fans. I can get liking the cast, sure (there's some great talent involved), but most of them have other projects in the works that sound a whole helluva lot better than this.

Where's that post you quoted "just in case", with regard to the Empire magazine preview? I forget who it was by, but one of the positive posters, many of whom seem to begin with the letter "P".

Well nobody is really expecting Stan Lee or Joss Whedon to write every Marvel movie. some respect for the source material is necessary Unfortunately I think the Endless is right.

Even if this was an original property, it is still a movie being hidden by the studio, with a rushed shooting schedule, on a shoestring budget, with many rumors of problems behind the scenes. Does that sound like an environment likely to produce a good film?

Even if this was an original property, it is still a movie being hidden by the studio, with a rushed shooting schedule, on a shoestring budget, with many rumors of problems behind the scenes. Does that sound like an environment likely to produce a good film?

Not at all. And for anyone to claim otherwise is to delude themselves.

It's absolutely a straw man argument.

Many people besides myself have pointed out why this silence from Fox is so weird. Do I have to do the list yet again?

1. Still no logo

2. Still not even one playful set photo

3. We have heard nothing from the director.

4. No presence at last year's Comic Con.

5. Rumors from bloggers that were on the movie's side saying that they heard troubling things about the production.

It's high time everyone get off of the FF bandwagon because it is on fire.

Yep.

Six months ago it might have been reasonable to believe this could be a 'good film' even if it wasn't the FF (which in itself is a meaningless statement on a Fantastic Four discussion forum ).

But what evidence do we have that this will be a good film? The script was written by a no-name and then revised over and over again - that in itself is a very bad sign. A strong script would have remained relatively unchanged.

The cast is nothing but B-listers. Two of whom just teamed up on an absolutely awful film - That Awkward Moment.

The studio has not offered any support. The one bright spot 6 months ago was the director - who was unproven but showed some potential in his first effort.

But now we are seeing increasing evidence that the director is no longer onboard.

There's not one single, reasonable bit of evidence that this will be a good film. Anyone who believes so has to do so on blind faith - not based on anything that is known or suspected.

No, especially since the new Star Wars and Ant Man already have stuff out and they are supposed to come out after this.

Hell Batman v Superman has more stuff out there and it comes out a full 7 months after FF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"