Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, and I was one of them. Oh to be young and ignorant again. :o

:funny:

I recently watched Jamie Bell in Snowpiercer and I was not impressed. Not a very good actor in my opinion. Don't really buy his whole little tough guy act and there were moments when his acting seemed very forced. I thought Chris Evans and Tilda Swinton were great though.

I like him. He's actually pretty good though he didn't have much to work with in Snowpiercer. Retreat or The Eagle are much better indicators.

Although if his involvement in this perversion of film-making makes you never want to watch anything with him again I can sympathize.

I recently watched Jamie Bell in Snowpiercer and I was not impressed. Not a very good actor in my opinion. Don't really buy his whole little tough guy act and there were moments when his acting seemed very forced. I thought Chris Evans and Tilda Swinton were great though.

Who would ever have thought we'd be getting this version of Ben Grimm?

Fantastic_Four_Vol_1_15_page_05_Yancy_Street.jpg

"Hi Mrs. Storm. Can Johnny and Sue go to outer space with us?"

"Well I don't know, dear. You'll have to ask them."

I swear, this Roger Corman movie is absolutely priceless. :D

So I finally watched Fantastic Four (1994) today. No, it's not as bad as they say, but it's not a masterpiece either.

Funny things:

- The weird science professor at the beginning. Calm down!:hehe:

- "Look at you. The Fantastic Four!" You're embarrassing us, mother.

- Alicia is a bit creepy and "pervy".

- Dr Doom's evil laugh. "AAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAhAhahahaaaaaah" I don't know how long it was, but it felt like five minutes.

- "It's clobberin' time!" We know, you have said it three times now.

- Alicia is touching Ben, and he starts to breathe heavily. Disturbing.

- That's a slow punch, Mr. Fantastic.

- The wedding. Wrong suit, Mr. Fantastic.

So I finally watched Fantastic Four (1994) today. No, it's not as bad as they say, but it's not a masterpiece either.

Funny things:

- The weird science professor at the beginning. Calm down!:hehe:

- "Look at you. The Fantastic Four!" You're embarrassing us, mother.

- Alicia is a bit creepy and "pervy".

- Dr Doom's evil laugh. "AAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAhAhahahaaaaaah" I don't know how long it was, but it felt like five minutes.

- "It's clobberin' time!" We know, you have said it three times now.

- Alicia is touching Ben, and he starts to breathe heavily. Disturbing.

- That's a slow punch, Mr. Fantastic.

- The wedding. Wrong suit, Mr. Fantastic.

It's cheese at it's best, but I don't think it's any worse than the Captain America film with an Italian Red Skull or the Lundgren Punisher. It actually fits in perfectly with those as pure popcorn cheese. I could easily turn those into a night of gathering a few friends together, having a few cocktails, and laughing my ass off. Sadly, the Thing is probably the most accurate looking except for maybe his color. His brow is pronounced enough compared to the other films. Alicia was absolutely terrible. She's easily the worst actress out of the bunch, and with this crew that's saying A LOT. She is borderline pervy, and when she's sculpting the clay heads in her apt, she looks like she's humping the air while in deep thought. Sorry to overtake this thread talking about the Corman film. Officially back on track I suppose.

It's cheese at it's best, but I don't think it's any worse than the Captain America film with an Italian Red Skull or the Lundgren Punisher. It actually fits in perfectly with those as pure popcorn cheese. I could easily turn those into a night of gathering a few friends together, having a few cocktails, and laughing my ass off. Sadly, the Thing is probably the most accurate looking except for maybe his color. His brow is pronounced enough compared to the other films. Alicia was absolutely terrible. She's easily the worst actress out of the bunch, and with this crew that's saying A LOT. She is borderline pervy, and when she's sculpting the clay heads in her apt, she looks like she's humping the air while in deep thought. Sorry to overtake this thread talking about the Corman film. Officially back on track I suppose.

I have to order and watch that Captain America movie again. Haven't watched in many years. Thank your for reminding me:hehe: "Congratulations...:yay: Heil Hitler!!!:cmad: bang bang"

I downloaded a copy of the Laser disc of all things recently. It's definitely a guilty pleasure. Poor Ned Beatty, and the President was Dick Jones from Robocop. And the chick's name was Bernie...BERNIE for ****'s sake!

Also looking at cast list, besides Beatty and Ronny Cox, Darren MGavin and Melinda Dillon were also in Cap '90. That's a pretty decent cast in a "Hey, I know that guy" kind of way.

No ****?! Well, I'm definitely not the most well versed in Cap lore by any means.

I don't know how important a character she was in the long run, I think I have all of two comics with her in them.

Also looking at cast list, besides Beatty and Ronny Cox, Darren MGavin and Melinda Dillon were also in Cap '90. That's a pretty decent cast in a "Hey, I know that guy" kind of way.

I don't know how important a character she was in the long run, I think I have all of two comics with her in them.

It could have been much worse. Cap def looked the part. Hell, I actually think they handled the cowl better than the Avengers did, and the Red Skull didn't look...terrible. "Ah, my American brudder...just when I am needing someone to help me practice my English." :D

I have a feeling that synopsis is right....

That's just lazy and stupid enough to be true, unfortunately. If this is actually the plot I hope everyone involved with this gets giardia.

I just googled that. Why do they look like Quintessons, LOL!

It could have been much worse. Cap def looked the part. Hell, I actually think they handled the cowl better than the Avengers did, and the Red Skull didn't look...terrible. "Ah, my American brudder...just when I am needing someone to help me practice my English." :D

I loved the crap out of it when I was eleven or something. I read the TV guide, saw the title, and said "There's a Captain America movie?:wow:" well, maybe I didn't say it out loud, but you know what I mean.

What, the synopsis could be real? That means I have spoiled the movie for myself...oh no, this is so sad etc. :o:woot:

Fantastic Four Comic Cancellation Not Related To The Movie According To Disney & Fox Executives
Joe Comicbook said:
When Fox’s Gianopulos was asked during the roundtable if he felt Marvel Comics pulling the Fantastic Four comic was an attempt by Disney’s Marvel to strangle Fox’s Marvel, Gianopulos said, “No, I don’t think so. I don’t know how that decision came about. The comic was not a huge seller. The Fantastic Four is a very established group of characters, and the film is awesome. Yeah, I think…I don’t know how that played into their decision, but it wasn’t…the book wasn’t selling as well as others.” Gianopulos also reiterated that it didn’t matter from their perspective.

After Gianopolus finished talking, Disney’s Horn chimed in, “Fully independent decision, by the way, I didn’t even know about it. I mean, honestly, we don’t even [shrugs his shoulders].”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"