Days of Future Past First Class Official Casting Thread

Whoopi Goldberg.

Touche'

Haha... I was honestly thinking for a long time before I posted that question and I couldn't come up with any.. Extra points for the quick response.
lol @ Lightning Strikez! (He's right..Haha!!)

Black is a color and she is definitely dark-skinned. African is an ancestry and also appears in certain physical features. Halle Berry is half-African descent and barely shows African features. Zoe Kravitz is 1/4-African descent and lacks many physical features that a Kenyan woman would portray.

Interesting that Zoe Saldana would come up in this discussion.. kind of backs up what I was saying about the portrayal of colored women in Hollywood..

My thing with Zoe, is that she isn't even really all that cute. I mean...

zoe-kravitz-attends-898799.jpg

...she's got Apple-Head going on here. :whatever:

I don't think either of them are ugly. Zoe actually looks alot like a really good friend of mine.

Funny...right now I'd be willing to take Whoopi for Storm over this Zoe chick.

Whoopi_Goldberg_442333.png

And yes, I'm drunk off my ash.

it is just funny you dont like her as storm because :

1. not dark enough even tho she is clearly black
2. facial bone structure not to your ideals

^^ Honestly, has nothing to do w/ Zoe... just a beef against the mentality and depiction of Black women in cinema as I stated before. Hollywood would rather cast a dark-skinned latina or "exotic-looking" multi-ethnic female (i.e. Zoe Saldana, Halle Berry) than risk casting an "ugly" Black-African woman who are pretty much typecast into films made by Ice Cube and Tyler Perry..

I just want to be able to read 'X-Men' and then watch 'X-Men' and not feel like there's two different black women with white hair and the same powers. I want it to feel like the same character.

As far as Hollywood having nothing against Black women... Can you name a Black actress of 100% African descent that is taken seriously and respected by the Hollywood community..? I sure can't... Halle Berry's only half-Black and a great actress and she couldn't even get an Oscar until she did a sex scene with a white man..

Right, and Denzel only won for playing a dirty cop. :whatever:

Maybe she won because she was fantastic in the role or because it was a complete character turn.

And how exactly would you know if an actress is 100% African? Skin color doesn't denote race. One is biological and the other is a social construct. That's a conversation for another time on another board, so I'm gonna drop it.

And how exactly would you know if an actress is 100% African? Skin color doesn't denote race.
Exactly, my point...

...and Hollywood loves Black men... as long as they are playing masculine action heroes or they're rappers...

Exactly, my point...

...and Hollywood loves Black men... as long as they are playing masculine action heroes or they're rappers...

I disagree with this assertion, but Hollywood loves whatever the masses pay to see. It isn't some big conspiracy.

:doh: you're missing the point, brother... you're missing the point...

/end

thinking back do you think Angela Basset should of been Storm now granted she is not as pretty as halle but both are equal when it comes to acting

she has the strong physical look needed for Storm

but she turned down the role for some reason

thinking back do you think Angela Basset should of been Storm now granted she is not as pretty as halle but both are equal when it comes to acting

she has the strong physical look needed for Storm

but she turned down the role for some reason

Angela Bassett is pretty in a different way than Halle. She would've been the only choice if it were up to me.

still wonder why she turned it down

she also turned down monsters ball which also went to halle which she got the oscar for

Angela Bassett turned down Storm cause there was literally nothing special to the character in any of the films. She's just there, like she's suppose fill the ''Okay, we needed a black character so we put in Storm" quota.

Oh well...she's Amanda Waller in GL now anyways.

And for the millionth time:

Is Cyclops and/or Jean in this movie or what? Lol.

...but seriously. :dry:

i still liked halle but angela looks like storm more physically and her voice is deeper

Damn it. Did we really just trade Alice Eve for January Jones? :cmad: :csad: I hope not. I can't wait to see a trailer, because I'm tired of all this back and forth.

Last edited:
Don't watch it but I know its "critically acclaimed" by many...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"