general public....

Discussion in 'The Dark Knight' started by Reek, Nov 1, 2007.

1. gwynplaine L'homme qui rit.

No, seriously, who's the villain in IM ?

2. RKO QT's Personal Consultant.

The Villain seems to be.....The Iron Monger :dry:

What the hell is that?

3. gwynplaine L'homme qui rit.

Lol. Thank you.

4. antonydelfini Strange Tales

Damn all the people who doubt Batman's power. Those who say Iron Man will rock harder than the bat. We'll see.

Long live those who think Iron Man is just a little pimple in Bruce Wayne's ass.

5. The Dark Guybrush Mighty Pirate

hrrrmm.. i don't think THAT- but i DO know that iron man will not outshine TDK.

6. ActuallyRobin Registered

lame name :] prolly has magical hammer or something

7. R_Hythlodeus Nerd Supreme

8. Monster Reborn

Neat info there, I didn't read it all but while skimming it I noticed that it looks pretty neat.

9. Figs Registered

As far as opinions go...my Sig as well as Avy says it all *****es. :woot:

10. Tempest19 Registered

Nope, no way in hell. Dark Knight is going to own the summer at either number 1 or 2 depending on Indy and definitely overshadow the other heroes (KNOWN, ICONIC + JOKER)... if that's what u were trying to say???

11. Figs Registered

If your referring to my previous post I was just saying I could care less about picking sides since I love both character/comics.:woot:

I do agree that TDK will get #1 or #2 next year. I think Iron Man will do fairly good but not huge...and that's coming from a big Iron Man fan. Next trailer they show for it should have some more flying action to get people in the seats. You said it best with the (KNOWN, ICONIC + JOKER).

12. Visionary Registered

Are you freakin' nuts, Batman Begins had its ass handed to him by the unknown "300" film? How is it going to own the summer with even bigger named movies?

13. Killing Joke926 Registered

Doesn't that piss you off? Here we fans have been worshiping the movie for about 2 years and people start getting into the movie after two weeks before the movie. Gosh, where have the people been? It'll like SpiderMan 3 all over again, but the movie will actually be awsome.:whatever:

14. Please kids will be drawn in why
    The Batman on WB

movie goers will be drawn in cause cristain bale is becoming a big name actor

Now the Name Batman is far far bigger than Iron Man

now too special effects

we already know there are going to be a hell load of explosions car chases fight scenes hell expect a bond movie but instead of a suit its the batsuit

now batman vs iron man
    the clear winner is batman for the fact
    Bale is a big actor now batman begins was great
    and not many people even know who the hell iron man is

Joker vs Iron Mongole??? scratch that ****
    Joker vs Iron Man
    the actors would pretty much equal each other except Heath is known by alot of people thanks to BBM
    then the name Joker alone kicks the **** out of Iron Man
    and then again Joker was known as one of the top movie villains
    and is the best comic villain

now the only thing iron man has that tdk doesnt is humor

now i know your probably saying iron man's marketing is better but really what are you smoking if you think that for every movie site there is already stated TdK is 2008 most anticipated movie of the year

hell the only movie i see making more is indy 4 and no body even knows that is being made at all

now then TDK story seems like its going to draw in more people its action will draw in more people and if Heath lives up too his hype expect this movie too make a hell load and become a classic

Batman vs Joker thats all the general audience needs too know and they will sell out big ass numbers

hell just look at sm3 with venom

15. Reek _____

if wb would spend money on some superbowl joker vision type stuff, this movie would take off unbelievably with the general public... get them as hyped as us

16. BatmanEVH Van Halen fan

Batman Begins came out in 2005, 300 came out in early 2007. I think you mean Star Wars III

17. amazingfantasy15 Registered

Superbowl is 5 months before the opening of the movie, they don't need a superbowl spot. It's hilarious, everytime a new comic movie comes out everyone asks where the advertising is 7-8 months before it's released. Every movie has the same plan, teasers and full trailers around 6-12 months before it's released, some bones thrown to hardcore fans, but not much until a month before the release then you start to see stuff on TV, billboards, posters on buses, internet ads, a trickle at first, then a tidal wave 2-3 weeks before the release. Don't worry about advertising, it'll happen, but not till June, May at the earliest.

18. BatoutofHell Geraldo River...jerk.

The Dark Knight is going to be number one. Indy will NOT beat it. I've heard dozens of people talking about I Am Legend and someone always brings up TDK trailer, and everyone switches to how good it is going to be. TDK is going to be huge. Huge.

19. Sun_Down Groovy

This thing seems to be stirring up some good buzz with non-comic fans. Most everyone I know who saw I Am Legend has mentioned the TDK trailer and how cool it looked.

20. psychosully Registered

I saw TDK mention on the news this morning here in Aus. It was only a brief snippet of the trailer and some thing like "Aussie star Heath Ledger -blah blah blah, his turn at the Joker in the highly anticipated sequel to Batman Begins."

So that was something.

21. Reek _____

yea its on the yahoo.com now too.

22. Octoberist point blank

my friends all liked the trailer when we saw I Am Legend.

Honestly, I haven't heard anything bad from anyone in the 'real world'.

23. Damiean Dark Registered

Its gonna be big but todays movies are a whole different bag to yesteryaer when B89 was released.

24. LexCorp Lex Luthor

My sister is a good example of an average general public type of person. Who does not spend hours looking at spoilers or gives two hoots about seeing the next picture of Bale in a batsuit. So when I visited her yesterday to say hi she asked me first if I had seen the new TDK trailer....lol

I was shocked as she is not that up and up on these things. But she suprised me. But given that her partner may have put her on to it it may not be that much of a suprise. Still to think that little plain public girl can get that much info then I think the public know more than we think they do.

25. NoName86 Registered

like I said before, it was the number one search on yahoo yesterday, which is probably why now they even have a headline about it. It leads you tot he trailer.