Gotham Gotham Season 1, Episode 13 "Welcome Back, Jim Gordon" General Discussion

This was pretty bad.

5/10

The storm troopers in Star Wars laugh at the marksmanship of the thugs in Gotham. There's plenty more to complain about but...ugh! I'm just too tired to go into it all. That's it, this show just lost me. I'm done with it. I can't take any more. Life's too short to waste on bad TV.

Alrighty then, see Ya.

I'm not saying it was bad. I thought last weeks episode was better

The end scene with Gordon and Ratboy of SOA reminded me of that scene between Gordon and Blake in TDKR when he called Gordon out for the Dent lie and 'getting his hands dirty'.

We should mark this as another defining moment for Bruce. Just seeing Selina reject him are the very reasons why Bruce is destined to be alone and why he can never trust anyone but Alfred and Gordon.
Yeah.It felt like a very "Sherlock Holmes" type scene.The moment he decides to shut down his emotional reactions from then on.

I thought Alfred's flowery reply was a tad overwrought, but still,a great scene.

I was kind of worried that Fish would kill Penguin's kooky mom for revenge.
I'm thinking that's still yet to come.

This was pretty bad.

5/10

The storm troopers in Star Wars laugh at the marksmanship of the thugs in Gotham. There's plenty more to complain about but...ugh! I'm just too tired to go into it all. That's it, this show just lost me. I'm done with it. I can't take any more. Life's too short to waste on bad TV.

Victor Zsaz and his girls probably always shoot to kill and are very great at it. But when they are given orders to take someone alive, they might be crap at it when they have to be more careful to make sure they don't shoot who they're trying to get in any areas that could kill them.

Bruce crying was the worst scene of the episode... I am waiting to see Dr.Crane in the next episode...

Because when a kid gets rejected by someone that they had a crush on and they find out that this person was lying about knowing who killed their parents, he's going to go like this.:o
Nina-Dobrev-Oh-Well-Dance-Gif-On-Vampire-Diaries.gif

Why do people have such a problem with kid Bruce crying?
First it was the scream immediately after his parents were murdered that people *****ed about and and now this. :funny:

Apparently they need something to complain about. So they'll complain about something ridiculous like him crying.

Because seeing the future Batman cry makes them uncomfortable.

Not me though. He's a kid. Sometimes kids cry.

Zsaz should only kill with a knife!

Yeah its true...It makes the die hard fans very uncomfortable...But then we need to remember that he is a kid like you said... But the episode was really nice...Only that little minor part wasn't...

Excellent episode. Yes, in terms of plot it was at times a bit redundant. But in terms of characterizations, the show is really hitting its stride. I loved seeing the Riddler side plot move forward. I actually laughed at how overjoyed Penguin was that someone came to him asking for a favor. I can't wait to see the final Penguin / Fish showdown (whenever that is).

I love how both Penguin and Gordon are rising stars in Gotham simultaneously. Both are a bit naive and prone to errors of judgment, but both are also clearly dangerous once they know what they want, and both are currently being underestimated by the powers that be.

Zzasz is a lot of fun on this show, and I'm glad the character has been appearing so much. He's one of the truly frightening villains, if only because of how manic and unhinged he seems.

Donal Logue's Bullock remains the highlight of the show for me. I hope we get another Bullock-centric episode soon. Also, I may be in the minority here, but I love Bruce and Alfred, and hope we see more of them. They were missed.

Not missed is Barbara, and I hope she never comes back, honestly.

I think that's exactly the problem -
"Batman doesn't scream like that!"
"Batman doesn't cry!"
They forget he's not Batman yet, he's still just a kid.

Holy crap this such a great show. It was a small victory for Gordon but felt like a major one.

I like that Jim is a badass, but these episodes are becoming a little redundant. I really feel Fish needs to die already, she served her purpose for the most part, all that's left is for Penguin to off her.

Yeah its true...It makes the die hard fans very uncomfortable...But then we need to remember that he is a kid like you said... But the episode was really nice...Only that little minor part wasn't...

Wow just stop :facepalm:

Also what's with the ... between each sentence?

That's a bit of an unfair thing to say. I've been die hard fan longer than most of you have been alive, and it didn't make me the least bit uncomfortable, and I think it's a stupid thing to be upset about.

This was pretty bad.

5/10

tumblr_m137hlPvKU1ql5an1o1_500.gif

Whaaa?

I thought this was one of the strongest, more nuanced episodes of the entire series.
Loved both Penguin and Riddler, was fantastic to see Bruce back and the crime of the week was decent as well. Glad Fish left town though. :oldrazz:

The scene in which cat rejected bruce was quite impressive. But I find it unreasonable that cat can be wandering around freely . Isn't she the only witness they have got? If they lose her who else can testify the murderer? They need to keep their eyes on her. Plus they didn't say much about the people chasing after cat and bruce. Did the police catch them and make them speak?

Selina's revelation reminds me a bit of Penguins one earlier in the season where his dealings with Falcone were revealed and suggests that the writing is a bit 'make it up as we go along' as they get renewed without any real plan in place. A lot of shows write like this but not the very good ones.

It's a bit of a nightmare for a fan-base as writing can get contradictory and also for the actors as I'm sure they are making decisions and then getting surprised to find out that their characters motives have been the opposite to what they were playing all along.

Very solid episode. Really love watching Gordon slowly win over the GCPD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"