Gotham Gotham Season 2 ratings thread

I'm not sure I'd consider Gifted premiering at 1.5 a very good result. I hoped for more and I don't know where it will end up in a couple episodes.

1.1 is very good for Lucifer considering it didn't score above 0.9 for its last 4 episodes of season 2.
Very, very few shows are going to grow more than 4 tenths out of a lead in, especially being a comic book show debuting head to head against Monday Night Football.

Not counting the Orville, which had a heavily inflated rating for its premiere due to football, it should easily be the highest rated new show on Fox this year.

1.5 is the new 2.5.

Being the highest rated new show on Fox this year may not amount to too much.

I hope your optimism is justified, because I liked the pilot. I want it to do well. I'm not sure how low the ratings can go given it's a new show.

I'm also not sure what the lowest percentage drop has been for a new show vis-a-vis its premiere on Fox over the last, say, decade. As an example, both Gotham and Lucifer dropped around 50% over their respective first seasons.

Remember that this is the network thst renewed The Exorcist last year.

Plus The Gifted only has 10 episodes, so that's a lot less time for it to drop. And it's a Fox production, so they'll want to give it every chance.

As long as it doesn't crater below 1.0 this week I'm very confident in a renewal.

It's actually pretty significant.

Gotham stayed at 0.9. Orville dropped to the same score. In other words Gotham scores the same as a first season show promoted by two NFL nights to start its season, at the same night.

I don't think anyone was under the illusion that we'd suddenly surge in viewers, but "1.0 - 0.9 - 0,9"... Well, I heard worse.

Again not saying this merits any more seasons.

It's actually pretty significant.

Gotham stayed at 0.9. Orville dropped to the same score. In other words Gotham scores the same as a first season show promoted by two NFL nights to start its season, at the same night.

I don't think anyone was under the illusion that we'd suddenly surge in viewers, but "1.0 - 0.9 - 0,9"... Well, I heard worse.

Again not saying this merits any more seasons.

it is actully good sign in keeping chances of season 5 alive.at this point i would say we are at between 50 and 60% chance of getting another season.

Don't get too excited about that 0.9, the unrounded preliminary number is 0.853. Could very well end up adjusting down to a 0.8.

Both Orville and Gotham stayed the same in finals.

0.9 for Lucifer, Gifted growing out of that into a 1.2.

Honestly, I feel like even Gotham will likely be renewed. Fox is still a mess.

Rough return for Supergirl at a 0.5. Hopefully the rest of the Arrowverse holds up better.

I shudder to think how low SHIELD will premiere when ABC is done pretending Inhumans is still alive.

It seems like the Fox ceiling for sustained scifi/fantasy/CBU ratings is down to 1.0??? It wouldn't surprise me too much to see Lucifer tie The Gifted at some point of this season.

Unrounded prelims
Supergirl: 0.524
Lucifer: 0.922
Gifted: 1.249

All three have a chance to adjust up, with Gifted being more likely than the others

Flash returned to a 1.0 preliminary number while Legends of Tomorrow matched its 2016 premiere with a 0.6.

If you had told people four years ago that The Flash would be putting up better premiere numbers than Gotham or SHIELD people would have said you were crazy.

Flash returned to a 1.0 preliminary number while Legends of Tomorrow matched its 2016 premiere with a 0.6.

If you had told people four years ago that The Flash would be putting up better premiere numbers than Gotham or SHIELD people would have said you were crazy.
Four years ago neither Gotham nor Flash existed.

That said Flash posted the same rating as Gotham's premiere, which is the same it did last year.

Last edited:

Like Kathemy said, four years ago neither Flash nor Gotham existed. But I myself started following Gotham from 2B and it still posted 1.5 back then (Flash hovered around that too), and I totally believed that Gotham rating would soon get below Flash. Everywhere I heard that Flash season 2 was great, whereas whenever SHH's news page had an article about Gotham half of the comments were along the line of "OMFG is this ***** still on air???", even in THIS Gotham sub there were people going "I don't watch Gotham so it isn't like I care but I need to come in here to say that I don't like this or that". Hating on Gotham was like a hobby of Arrowverse fans.

If we go by past seasons, Gotham is very likely to keep dropping while the CW comic shows remain relatively stable.

I wouldn't be shocked at all to see Gotham and Lucifer putting up 0.8s in the spring while Flash and Supergirl are still around 1.0.

Unrounded prelims from last night
Lucifer 1.121
Gotham 1.108
Supergirl 0.885

Still very early in the season. All three will probably hit 0.8s before it's done.

These are both your post this time last year. Back then I wasn't as pessimistic about Gotham's prospect, but I did hope that Gotham wouldn't go fractional in the 3A. Thankfully it turned out that Gotham only posted 0.9 twice the whole season 3 in episode 18 and 22.

Anyway I think it's still more likely that not Fox will cancel Gotham this year (I have no idea whether any other network will be willing to pick it up though). Even though I hope for just 1 more season, if it indeed ends at season 4 it still has been one hell of a ride.

Flash adjusted up to 1.1. And I just realized Legends of Tomorrow beat Supergirl in the ratings. :D Life is weird.

Btw Ozzie 21-22 was a double parter so that 0.9 doesn't count ;)

I was counting seasons, not actual years, but this is the point I was trying to get across

Gotham season 1 premiere 9/22/2014: 3.30 rating
Gotham season 4 premiere 9/21/2017: 1.00 rating

The Flash season 1 premiere 10/7/2014: 1.90 rating
The Flash season 4 premiere 10/11/2017: 1.1 rating

What Flash has done is nothing short of amazing.

Even in 2014, it was damn rare for a CW show to hit a 1.0. And a 1.0 on Fox back then was cancellation city. For Flash to still be putting up these numbers in season four is nuts, especially when you look at the ratings trajectories for Supergirl, Gotham, Agents of SHIELD, etc. Arrow held up a little better, but not much.

Oh, of course. The Flash is a phenomenon for CW. No disputing that.

However, if you allow me a modicum of narcissism (this chart of mine is old):

w14yib6a1fuy.png

{source}

Also if you compare Gotham and Flash seasons 2 onward both shows have matched each other very closely.

Gotham:
S2 1.40
S3 1.08

Flash:
S2 1.37
S3 1.06

Fourth season is still very young. But data suggests that Gotham holds around the same percentage as the Flash from year to year.

And Supernatural to a 0.7.

The millions are low. I doubt this will adjust up, but one can hope.

The rating adjusted up to a 0.9.

That thing's gotta be like a 0.851 or something. Still, a 0.9 is a 0.9.

Is it time to abandon the season 2 ratings thread and start a season 4 ratings thread?

Probably not it's cozy in here, it isn't like we have a dozen posts every day anyway so a single tread on ratings is easier to archive. But I do think we need to change thread name since it's currently misleading for new members.

Try to PM one of the mods here about it. That usually does the trick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"