Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel - Part 3

Does anyone know if there is a released version of the theme that plays when Lois is usually in action? (The piano theme)

It plays when
she's setting up her camera after her introduction, when Jor is guiding her around Black Zero, etc.

I'm really liking the MOS soundtrack, and I rarely buy or care for soundtracks. :yay:

One thing that's been on my mind for a while: The type of music at the beginning of 'DNA' (first 48 seconds), what I refer to as the 'spacey music', sounds oddly familiar for music used as a theme for space. Where has this been done before? In another movie or documentary? Perhaps an old TV show? The first time I heard it, it immediately felt like an homage to another space theme.

Can anyone help? Just wondering about this... :huh:

Which track was the one that was used during the scene when Superman saves Lois from the Black Zero shuttle from space to earth? The same goes for which track was sued when Superman finally destroys the world engine

Last edited:
Which track was the one that was used during the scene when Superman saves Lois from the Black Zero shuttle from space to earth? The same goes for which track was sued when Superman finally destroys the world engine

The World engine one is toward the end of "Terraforming" and also toward the end of Hans Playlist.

The first one though is nowhere in the soundtrack and that really bugs me as I love that bit.

Does anyone know if there is a released version of the theme that plays when Lois is usually in action? (The piano theme)

It plays when
she's setting up her camera after her introduction, when Jor is guiding her around Black Zero, etc.

Unfortunately, it's unreleased.

Guys, help me out. I'm trying to find the music that plays right after Zod dies and Lois walks in on Superman after he screams. That cue also plays as Superman walks in the Fortress of Solitude. It's one of the big themes of the movie, but why the hell can't I find it anywhere on the soundtrack? It's so good. Gives me chills every time.

Most of the songs have been deleted from youtube, which sucks

Still getting chills from the last 3 minutes of "General Zod". :hrt:

The "Arcade" track that plays over the Nokia trailer is insane. One of the most epic trailers ever all thanks to Hanz Zimmer.

A lot of pieces played in the movie are on the soundtrack and are incorporated into tracks that are under a different scene name. Of course their are some that aren't and are just played a little differently. You just have to listen carefully and you'll hear something on tracks and you'll think..."um that isn't in that scene but it sounds like that one part in the movie." I play this soundtrack repeatedly.

I hum various parts of this score throughout the day. I can't get it out of my head. :woot:

On a side note: I can't get the Iron Man 3 theme out of my head either. Unfortunately the entire score, while good, is redundant and sounds sometimes like a big loop. Just my personal taste and opinion.

Last edited:
I bought the soundtrack and listen to it almost everyday

]
On a side note: I can't get the Iron Man 3 theme out of my head either. Unfortunately the entire score, while good, is redundant and sounds sometimes like a big loop. Just my personal taste and opinion.

I really hope you don't mean Iron Man 3. That score is very much a bag of different ideas, themes, and much more layered than Zimmer's MOS. I like both scores, don't get me wrong, but imo, Tyler's IM3 is much better than MOS.

I really hope you don't mean Iron Man 3. That score is very much a bag of different ideas, themes, and much more layered than Zimmer's MOS. I like both scores, don't get me wrong, but imo, Tyler's IM3 is much better than MOS.

Yes Iron Man 3. I should have said it is a great score too. And maybe the word redundant was vocabulary I shouldn't have used. I just enjoyed Man of Steel so much. You are right though, it is more layered in retrospect. In fairness to the Iron Man 3 score, I've only listened to it in its entirety once in one sitting and although it has been playing in the background several times when I'm doing things...I haven't given it the proper amount of attention that I have given Man of Steel. And what it probably deserves.

You should definitely give it another spin. Here's some of the best cues, Imo :

[YT]0u7iMW_9gk4[/YT]

[YT]Aa3n8ZFrxWQ[/YT]

[YT]IMRJHbnuvuc[/YT]

[YT]CSqJi0GuGFk[/YT]

[YT]AhSq9hrc7eU[/YT]

[YT]xPFT-2r4bhM[/YT]

[YT]D5lmDMcmW6c[/YT]

^^ Well I listened to the Iron Man 3 score in its entirety. Incredible. As I said before I listened to in pieces over time...like cleaning the house, etc. It must just have been coincidence that every time I brought my attention back to what was playing that it seemed that the main theme horns were playing. Not the case now. In the future I'll try not to jump to conclusions without thinking about what I'm saying first.:woot:

But while it is incredible, it is different than the Man Of Steel score. But for some reason I'm moved more by the Man Of Steel score. I know I'm probably in a very miniscule group, but Man Of Steel has become my favorite comic book movie of all time. I can't explain it but every time I watch this movie I love it that much more. The score definitely enhances the story...which that's what they're suppose to do, right. Anyways I am looking forward to what Brian Tyler does with Thor: The Dark World.

Hey, we all have different opinions, and there's nothing wrong with yours. :up:

I quite love MoS also (the score), and I really enjoyed the movie. There's a few cues I would have put onto the album that didn't make the cut (like the Piano motif for Lois), but I'm happy with what we got.

Yeah, I don't think there's any new music, considering that the tracklist is the exact same as before.

Yes, just looks like a repackage.

MOS is definitely as good as Hans' Batman stuff, IMO. It really caught on with me.

The way they used 'Arcade' at the end of that Batman vs Superman fan edit video. :hrt:

My favorite song has always been General Zod theme followed by Flight, but man I played Arcade today which has never been my favorite, but today that song hit hard. It was banging through my bass and was a really beautiful song. Sorry for ever doubting that that song was only average Hans. You can do no wrong.

Flight, man. That track has been on repeat for a while now.

I still wish they would have out the cue where Lois is in the Fortress of Solitude on the album / where Jor-El is guiding her through the ship. Pretty much the only cues left I want lol.

DNA was great, particulary the first part. The soundtrack was my favourite part of the movie.

Walmart's release of the Blu-Ray has an exclusive featurette on Han Zimmer and the score, FYI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"