has a guy ever interrupted your date to talk to the chick?

GoldenAgeHero

Avenger
Reaction score
so im watching blind date and this guy is on a date with this chick and out of nowhere some other dude buys her a drink and actually comes over to the table they we're at and introduced himself. if that was me, i would've punched him in the face.

have this happened to anyone? what would you have done?

You watch blind date....

Id say have her shes a ***** anyway

Is this American blind date or what?

On UK blind date, all the footage they show of the actual dates is staged. So if it's the same for whatever version you watched, that was probably staged.

GoldenAgeHero said:
so im watching blind date and this guy is on a date with this chick and out of nowhere some other dude buys her a drink and actually comes over to the table they we're at and introduced himself. if that was me, i would've punched him in the face.

have this happened to anyone? what would you have done?

It's actually a good thing, because it indicates the date wasn't into you and gives you a chance to use the washroom and leaving her the cheque.

kainedamo said:

On UK blind date, all the footage they show of the actual dates is staged. So if it's the same for whatever version you watched, that was probably staged.
I still would've knocked him out. :o

Yeah I be like, mutha****a back tha fawk up mutha****yourass *****!

kainedamo said:

In the American version, it's not staged. They obviously don't show everything that has happened that caused a lack of interest or moment of stupidity, but it isn't staged.

The closest thing I've come to that is when I'm at a club with a girl and she excuses herself to get a drink or go to the bathroom and when she comes back she tells me how many guys grabbed her arm to ask if they could buy her a drink or wanted to dance.

Part of me got mad but a) the girls were technically by themselves, b) I trusted them and c) causing a scene would have ruined the night and any chances I had at having breakfast with them.

In the UK version, it couldn't be anymore obvious that the guy and girl have been given lines.

Heck, even the actual game is staged. I dunno if the person makes up the questions, but the answers are definately pre-written by someone.

War Lord said:
It's actually a good thing, because it indicates the date wasn't into you and gives you a chance to use the washroom and leaving her the cheque.

But you don't date so you don't have to worry about that ever happening to you.

sinewave said:
But you don't date so you don't have to worry about that ever happening to you.

Of course not, which is why I can give advice with a cool head.

oneupper_1024.jpg

kainedamo said:

The american versions of shows like that are even more staged.

I think a lot of you are misinterpreting the woman. It sounds like she was on a date with this guy (1) and guy (2) takes it upon himself to buy her a drink and then walk over to their table. Up to then she really didn't do anything wrong though her accepting the drink is debatable. GAH would need to finish the rest of that story before everyone states that the girl is a b'tch or guy (1) should have taken control of the situation.

War Lord said:
Good thinking :up:

Never pay if you're not going to get any action.

if she didn't tell the guy to beat it, then i'd tell her to **** off and then i'd leave.

War Lord said:

Please stop. You're doing the English language a disservice by referring to anything about you as being "cool".

Mr. Credible said:
if she didn't tell the guy to beat it, then i'd tell her to **** off and then i'd leave.
Then you probably wouldn't get paid.

Calvin said:
The american versions of shows like that are even more staged.

I have watched the show for years, thought for not a couple of years now, and I've never viewed the show as staged.

Yes, it is edited so you don't see events leading to those snide comments and bad acts.

War Lord said:

You could have read every book on dating but there are somethings in life you can only learn by doing. Pun intended.

sinewave said:
Please stop. You're doing the English language a disservice by referring to anything about you as being "cool".

Being cool means to never having to need to be cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"