Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this isn't the right thread or its suppose to be in the Cavill thread. But after seeing the trailers and TV spots I'm very cautiously optimistic. I thought this movie would be another flop, but it looks to be epic.

But 2 things are still driving me crazy. Cavill simply isn't tall enough. Supes should be 6'3 to 6'5. Just my opinion.

Second the no split curl is just annoying the hell out of me. I know Synder wanted to be different and totally ignore the Donner universe but Superman's height is important and the split curl is iconic. Superman without it is like Darth Vader without the breathing, Batman without his utility belt, Ferraris without gasoline engines, the yankess without pinstripes. Its something iconic that makes his recognizeable.

It just aint right!!!!!!!!!!! Anybody else bothered by these 2 things?

2 inches shouldn't really be anything to complain about. You won't even be able to tell the difference between a 6'1 male and a 6'3 male on the big screen. You're acting like they casted Tom cruise or something.

Uh, I have never tasted a drop of alcohol but if Henry freakin Cavill asked me to have a beer with him I would. :o

It's a British thing. We seriously have an alcohol problem as a nation. I think a lot of guys see 'can handle her drink' as a plus when looking for a g/f.

I never got the obsession with height on the big screen. I guess the dude playing Superman should be tallish. And that's what Cavil is. He's tall enough and Superman doesn't get his powers from being 6'3-6'5."

Yeah I don't get it either. Unless they are noticably short, I won't notice it on the big screen.

And that said, I don't think i've ever seen a Tom Cruise flick and thought 'man he looks well short'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"