Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - - - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to say, that as much trouble as i'm having with the movie as a whole, I thought Henry was absolutely perfect.

Was everything I expected him to be, and even had a few moments where he surpassed that expectation. :)

So didn't you really like it?

tumblr_moeoz2u7iV1rrcahvo1_250.gif
tumblr_moeoz2u7iV1rrcahvo2_r1_250.gif

tumblr_moeoz2u7iV1rrcahvo3_r1_250.gif
tumblr_moeoz2u7iV1rrcahvo4_r1_250.gif
I laughed so hard at this part of the interview. Why do these interviewers keep trying to embarrass him?

I watched Graham Norton yesterday it was more like an interview with Crowe with brief appearances from Cavill and Adams.

Btw how funny was it when Henry said it was like been in a ginger sandwich? :awesome:

anyone love when Norton praised henry's performance and you could almost feel like henry had the sense of accomplishments and wanted to cry

loved that

Cavill's Clark Kent reminded me a lot of Tom Welling's CK, I'm very pleased with this awesome film.

The Superman/Clark identity issue is going to be interesting, since most of the main characters at the Daily Planet can tell who Clark is, and most of Smallville knows especially Pete and Lana (?). The military should know since Zod's ship was at Clark's home and Superman said at the end he was raised in Kansas (do'h!).

Are they going to do what happened between Bruce and Lucius and play it off as an injoke e.g spelunking?

I know David Goyer said they have to work around the identity problem in the next film, but it will be interesting, especially in the reality of this universe compared to Donner's.

^ And the hints he gave- "grew up in Kansas" "33 yrs"

So didn't you really like it?

No :(

But I am going to see it tonight with a big group, and I'm hoping a different kind of atmosphere and the fact I've had time to let it settle will give me a better experience.

I mean, the action WAS awesome, and as I said, I did love Cavill :D

Btw I LOVED them on Graham Norton, that was hilarious :hehe:

But that was only to Swanwick and the female officer who I'm assuming will keep his secret after what he said about Swanwick having to convince the government that he's not a threat etc.

No :(

But I am going to see it tonight with a big group, and I'm hoping a different kind of atmosphere and the fact I've had time to let it settle will give me a better experience.

I mean, the action WAS awesome, and as I said, I did love Cavill :D

YOU WILL LIKE IT YOUNG LADY!!! :cmad:

I kid, I have heard its better the second time.

I think it's nice that I finally have a live action Superman for the 2000's.

But that was only to Swanwick and the female officer who I'm assuming will keep his secret after what he said about Swanwick having to convince the government that he's not a threat etc.

But why risk it?

There was no reason TO tell him that, and just bank on the General taking his side and keeping his secret.

Yep, if Lois can track down Clark - the military can do it in minutes. They would know (maybe they don't? Hollywood, plot holes). I don't think Bruce and Lex would be happy with Supes destroying their satellites, that's going into Quest for Peace territory...

YOU WILL LIKE IT YOUNG LADY!!! :cmad:

I kid, I have heard its better the second time.

:funny:

I'm seriously considering pretending I like it so that eventually I'll start believing my own lie. :p

Just wanted to say, that as much trouble as i'm having with the movie as a whole, I thought Henry was absolutely perfect.

Was everything I expected him to be, and even had a few moments where he surpassed that expectation. :)

You might enjoy it more when you see it a second time. You were initially very nervous going in, as many of us were. Bereft of all the negative baggage and wild anticipation, though, you'll be watching the film in a more relaxed state of mind.

I'm seriously considering pretending I like it so that eventually I'll start believing my own lie. :p

Ha ha think though now you know what to expect maybe you will appreciate other things in the film more.

But he said 33 yrs to that room full of military right? When he was in cuffs talking to Lois.

It'll be really interesting to see they way they play out his secret identity. They've said many times they're going for realistic and grounded.
But I feel like somewhere there's always gonna have to be that "Superman/Clark Kent" factor with his glasses. Of course in real life we would guess who Clark is even with his glasses in seconds. But in the Supes universe, it is always something that acts as efficient in hiding him. Guess they have to go with that.

I did that with Batman Begins prior to my first screening. I ignored or forced myself to accept things I had problems with just because I so desperately wanted it to be the best Batman film of its kind. Seeing everything all at once, the various flaws and such, in one setting was too much for me though.

But why risk it?

There was no reason TO tell him that, and just bank on the General taking his side and keeping his secret.

I agree with hopefuldreamer, I thought that was dumb. I get they wanted to emphasize Supes' Americana, but that wasn't needed. Felt like another Goyer-ism. :funny:

But he said 33 yrs to that room full of military right? When he was in cuffs talking to Lois.

It'll be really interesting to see they way they play out his secret identity. They've said many times they're going for realistic and grounded.
But I feel like somewhere there's always gonna have to be that "Superman/Clark Kent" factor with his glasses. Of course in real life we would guess who Clark is even with his glasses in seconds. But in the Supes universe, it is always something that acts as efficient in hiding him. Guess they have to go with that.

Clark and Lois could find a way to cover up his tracks. Of course, the biggest deterrent is how different mild-mannered Clark Kent is from Superman in personality and mannerisms.

I agree with hopefuldreamer, I thought that was dumb. I get they wanted to emphasize Supes' Americana, but that wasn't needed. Felt like another Goyer-ism. :funny:

Clark and Lois could find a way to cover up his tracks. Of course, the biggest deterrent is how different mild-mannered Clark Kent is from Superman in personality and mannerisms.

I liked it it made me chuckle :woot:

But it doesn't matter if they know his age

Tbh I don't mind if they don't try to explain it, just embrace it it's part of the mythology if we believe a man can fly I'm sure we can believe people don't recognise a guy cause he dresses differently and wears glasses.

I was thinking about how they should approach Superman's disguise on my way home from my 2nd screening; rather than turning Clark into a clumsy buffoon (which would realistically draw more attention to him than he wants), why not go for a more quiet-spoken, "nobody" type of persona? In my opinion, that would work so much better, because -- let's face it -- no one really cares about the "invisible" guy. A buffoon, on the other hand, has a tendency of becoming infamous for his/her many faults.

But it doesn't matter if they know his age

Tbh I don't mind if they don't try to explain it, just embrace it it's part of the mythology if we believe a man can fly I'm sure we can believe people don't recognise a guy cause he dresses differently and wears glasses.

Me neither.
Man that ending scene though...you're just like, "Agh!! Gimme more Planet. I wanna see Clark working! Everything!" Hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"