Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - - - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's probably the first modern actor to actually look like superman while not having to channel Reeve.

I mean for so long the image of superman and Reeve were 1:1 but you look at henry and you go damn that is superman.

I loved Cavill but man I wish he was three inches taller.

:rolls eyes:
Anyway, I am changing my stance from a few weeks ago and I want more pictures! Epic Henry Cavill as Superman pictures. Watching Immortals just isn't cutting it.

I loved Cavill but man I wish he was three inches taller.

He's a different kind of superman and i actually think his more every-man height plays in actually into the more grounded nature of the film.

As opposed to Reeve who sort of towered over everyone and had to slouch to portray his clark kent.

For fun this is probably a good approximation of how Cavill and Reeve would stack up height wise. Shannon is about 6'4" himself as was Reeve (although he doesn't have the same posture).

8a1j.jpg

He's probably the first modern actor to actually look like superman while not having to channel Reeve.

I mean for so long the image of superman and Reeve were 1:1 but you look at henry and you go damn that is superman.

Yeah, prior to seeing MOS, I was already convinced that he'd make a good Superman; and then when I finally watched the film, I thought he looked even cooler in live action. The whole aesthetic of this film, in general, was ridiculously on-point!

BTW, the girls I saw it with today made a lot of crude comments... both during and after the movie :p

It might be the framing of the shots, but I've noticed that like comic artwork by different artists, Cavill's face shape appears to change throughout the movie. From more square-jawed, to thin, to rounded at times. It's like he looks different, but still Supermanish. And I personally feel his performance is more sincere than Reeve, who at times felt like he was mugging for the camera. Reeve is STILL my definitive Superman, but Cavill feels not to far behind.

I admit going into it I thought he would be average at best, but each day that passes I love him more as Superman. His command, presence, and control/tone was brilliant. Also, confidence. He owned this role. I thought the moment was too big for him. It wasn't. He'll only get better in the role as time goes by.

0613f_superjump2_jd_50p.jpg

Good GOD what a damn sexy man. Those arms, those legs... the chest hair. Ughhhh <3

Snazzy chelsea boots in the premier photos. Cavill has good taste in shoes.

I thought Cavill did a fine job, though I still prefer Routh and Reeve.

He held his end of the bargain, I just wish it was in a better movie.

Cavill was perfect. Couldn't have asked for a better Superman. He was the only one who I thought stood out amongst the cast.

you liked routh better?? i am confused routh had zero charisma,presence,and physically was'nt up to par for superman he was extremely wooden and bland

and no disrespect to his fans but routh is just a bad actor even his other movies prove this

you liked routh better?? i am confused routh had zero charisma,presence,and physically was'nt up to par for superman he was extremely wooden and bland

and no disrespect to his fans but routh is just a bad actor even his other movies prove this

I disagree, but to each their own. They played Superman in two very different movies and the characters played to those scripts. Both men did a fine job

No clue, but it is amazing and I am all for it.

Henry Cavill did a great job as superman. He was beleivable as a kryptonian.

ya, Henry is a badass superman!

How is he going to fit that Superman suit under his business suit at the Daily Planet? :ninja:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"